IGNORED

Death Race by Exidy

Anyone old enough to remember this classic coin op? Funstop got there hands on one and rebuilt it.

I went to Funstop in NH this past Sunday. I almost had to rub my eyes once i cought a glimpse of it.

They did a really nice recond job. The left steering wheel needs a bit of work not really working fully.

However, I never ever thought I'd see, let alone be able to play that game again. What a trip back to 1976!

-JR

Anyone old enough to remember this classic coin op? Funstop got there hands on one and rebuilt it.

I went to Funstop in NH this past Sunday. I almost had to rub my eyes once i cought a glimpse of it.

They did a really nice recond job. The left steering wheel needs a bit of work not really working fully.

However, I never ever thought I'd see, let alone be able to play that game again. What a trip back to 1976!

-JR

Hell yeah! I caught hell for playing it because of the controversy surrounding the fact that the object of the game was to run people over. : ]

Question I have is why isn't there a MAME ROM available for this game unless I am overlooking something? The version of MAME I have doesn't even list it as an option.

Question I have is why isn't there a MAME ROM available for this game unless I am overlooking something? The version of MAME I have doesn't even list it as an option.

It doesn't use a CPU/microprocessor ROMS, so it's probably really hard to emulate. If I'm not mistaken you might have to write a "simulator" for the actual integrated circuits instead.

I'll have to contact the Funspot owners about tapping the a/v out of that. I was waiting for Chris to finish up his restoration of the Death Race I gave him and he may still do that before California Extreme, but Funspot is now one state over so nothing beats the convenience of that. I really want to get some high quality video footage put online for people to see.

It doesn't use a CPU/microprocessor ROMS, so it's probably really hard to emulate. If I'm not mistaken you might have to write a "simulator" for the actual integrated circuits instead.

From what I have read that is right. They used a series of transistor boards that perform the logic to the game, controls, etc.

I'll have to contact the Funspot owners about tapping the a/v out of that. I was waiting for Chris to finish up his restoration of the Death Race I gave him and he may still do that before California Extreme, but Funspot is now one state over so nothing beats the convenience of that. I really want to get some high quality video footage put online for people to see.

I thought of bringing my mini DV cam with me next time i go up there just to have crude version to post on line. Your idea is better if they will let you do it.

• 2 weeks later...