IGNORED

ps3 backwards compatible

Corby

I just bought a 80gig ps3 that plays ps1 and ps2 today at the local pawn shop. $330.00 I thought that was pretty cheap considering i see them in the paper, and online for more than 500 to 600 bucks or more. So I decided to buy it.

everything works I'm formatting it right now.

But I was alitte disapointed though.

I put in smackdown vs raw 2007 and I wanted to click online but it tells me i need to put in that online adapter, I guess it still recognize the old ps2 hardware.

I thought It would detect the ps3 online support. but I guess not. And everyone who has the backwards compatiblity would still go online with the olds games.

Oh well I got it now. I'll go buy now I'll go buy some ps2 titles that I never had, and play'em.

great now, more games to stack up in place, starting to run out of room :?

I think I tried Everquest Champions of Norrath and the second Champions game and neither would work online.

Doesn't matter though since its great for local co-op.

Since I dont play PS2 games online anymore I dont really need my PS2 machine anymore unless I had a modded one. :D

I think I tried Everquest Champions of Norrath and the second Champions game and neither would work online.

Doesn't matter though since its great for local co-op.

Since I dont play PS2 games online anymore I dont really need my PS2 machine anymore unless I had a modded one. :D

I was just searching then net about playing ps2 online on a ps3. I don't know if this is bs or not. but i found some faq's and one guy said: I found out how. You need the PS2 online startup disk and make a Network save. Simple as that.

Another one said: yes you have to get online with the ps3 and go to the ps store and download somethin called "ps2 system data" its a free download and it makes it so the system can take ps2 games online

so I wonder if that will work????????

Edited by corbysatarigame

well the ps2 system data download does not work!

So I guess I'll have to get ahold of the old Ps2 online startup disk and see if that works...hopfully :|

You can also use the Twisted Metal: Black online disc. The Greatest Hits version of TM:B was a double disc set that included both the regular and online versions of the game. It'd probably be easier to find than the disc that went with the ethernet adapter.

I have another question? I did do the 4 hour reformat. but it still had the last guys sign in addy.

how do I get rid of this. and start over? is that imformation there for good?

Or do I just create a new user?

I have another question? I did do the 4 hour reformat. but it still had the last guys sign in addy.

ok never mind, i figured that one out! but still can't go online with ps2 games.

maybe it was never made to do that. If someone figures it out let us all know.

ok never mind, i figured that one out! but still can't go online with ps2 games.

maybe it was never made to do that. If someone figures it out let us all know.

But also thinking maybe it is working, but I'm sure there are alot of servers that aren't supporting online ps2 games on ps3!!!!!!

Its been awhile since I have done it, and I can't recall the steps I went thru to achieve it, but you can play PS2 online games on the PS3.

How many PS2 online games and which ones? Again, not sure. But I do know that I have Everquest Online Adventures and I had absolutely **NO** problems at all playing it online with my PS3.

Wish I could be more help but playing PS2 games on my PS3 has not been a high priority for me as there are too many good PS3 games to play.

Mendon

ok guys, it does work, i was using smackdown vs raw 2007 its online compatibale but won't go online, so i tried the first s vs r it works but no one was online.

So I guess its just certain games you can go online with the ps3.

so anyway get the Ps2 online startup disk, and the ps2 system data download on the ps3 store. and it will work. but make sure your ps3 is backwards compitable!

smackdown vs raw anyone :ponder:

I suspect you were trying a game that has had its servers taken down, rather than it being a PS3 problem. Companies like THQ and EA routinely take older titles offline since they have to maintain the servers for them, unlike Xbox Live where MS handles everything through a universal system (Besides EA titles).

I suspect you were trying a game that has had its servers taken down, rather than it being a PS3 problem. Companies like THQ and EA routinely take older titles offline since they have to maintain the servers for them, unlike Xbox Live where MS handles everything through a universal system (Besides EA titles).

lol What you said ;) :thumbsup: