IGNORED

Giant Label Variation PHOTO Website. Check it out!

Philflound

• 2 weeks later...

I recently acquired 12 empty boxes and discovered a new variation with the CBS Wizard of Wor. Logic said that if Gorf had a Singapore cartridge and Singapore box (got this too and scanned it so it's now up on the site), then if Wizard of Wor had a Singapore cartridge, then it should have a Singapore box.

Well, I never considered it, but I did get the box. The problem I'm having is that my Front Page will no longer work on my old computer. Have no idea what got screwed up, but it won't open up my web pages. So I'm looking at getting a new computer within a week or two and hopefully will resume then. I did send the front and back scans to Atarimania.com, so Rom should have it up for all to see if you're interested. Eventually I'll get it updated on my site.

Phil

It's fixed! Thanks to doing a search on google and finding it on the Microsoft page, I found exactly what was wrong with the FP. It had something to do with a damaged file in the cache. Easy to fix, and so the website has been updated. I put the Wizard of Wor box 2 variant up. Now I can get back to work.

Phil

It's fixed! Thanks to doing a search on google and finding it on the Microsoft page, I found exactly what was wrong with the FP. It had something to do with a damaged file in the cache. Easy to fix, and so the website has been updated. I put the Wizard of Wor box 2 variant up. Now I can get back to work.

Phil

Good to hear this, Phil.

8)

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple things not listed in the guide. There are five variations of the NTSC boxes for the US market (not the Canadian/PAL ones in the guide). These are all oriented the same way: box front up, box top to the right in the photo. They are all two-piece boxes. If you zoom in, you can see in small print:

Made in USA

Made in USA

Made in Taiwan

Made in Malaysia

Made in Hong Kong

This makes sense, since there are docs from USA, Taiwan, Malaysia and Hong Kong and versions of the cartridge with print on the back for Taiwan/Malaysia/Hong Kong (assume the blank cartridge is made in USA).

post-1335-128699947755_thumb.jpg

post-1335-128699948368_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

First off, I want to tell everyone that I got a new computer. And with a new computer made me purchase a new camera and new printer because the old ones weren't compatible. I also had to go back and try and acquire all the software, which I'm still in the process of doing. Plus I've been extremely busy with Ebay putting up stuff to sell since I'm still not working.

Besides this, I just made more purchases of boxed games. Since I'm moving games every week, I have to try and keep the supply in stock. With that said, first shipment smelled like cigarettes. You'd think I'd learn and ask before purchasing. So now these will have to air out. The second small batch I bought were in real nice condition and the seller bubblewrapped each individual game. Kudos to them.

With this second batch, I finally acquired a large TM for Atari Golf, which is version b. The new printer has a scanner built in, so right now it's easier to use that. So I scanned the new version and just uploaded it to the website.

Also, thanks to OldAtarian for pointing out my mishap with the Space Invaders. I do not have a scan of the 1986 grey label without the 2632, so if anyone has one, I'd appreciate it so I can upload it to the website.

I'm going to remain busy for the next several months, and I've yet to put those $1 games for sale or the huge $400 boxed system with tons of games. I'm still cleaning and testing, so until I'm finished with that, it's still on hold. It's a shame since I probably could have sold it easily for Christmas. Oh, well.

I'm still scrutinizing over the newest batches of games, so it's possible I may run across more variations. I will post them on here and get them on the website if I find any.

Phil

• 1 month later...

Alright, I made another purchase of complete in box games and came up with many variations, mostly manuals, and many new boxes. I'll be scanning this week. I think I have 10 new variations. I'll list all new additions here. I'm also working on acquiring another batch of complete in box games if everything goes well. Hopefully there will be more variations. I've been real busy with Ebay, had a great Christmas season, so I didn't get anything done in the way of the variation website since the last posting. I did discover that Bermuda Triangle by Data Age has a box variation. I should've caught it a long time ago because my copy is different than the scan I had. The scan I had has "Assembled in Mexico" in a black circle on the back, though the 2 boxed copies I have in my possession do not. I'm going to have to look over other Data Age boxes to see if that variation exists.

Phil

Alright, I made another purchase of complete in box games and came up with many variations, mostly manuals, and many new boxes. I'll be scanning this week. I think I have 10 new variations. I'll list all new additions here. I'm also working on acquiring another batch of complete in box games if everything goes well. Hopefully there will be more variations. I've been real busy with Ebay, had a great Christmas season, so I didn't get anything done in the way of the variation website since the last posting. I did discover that Bermuda Triangle by Data Age has a box variation. I should've caught it a long time ago because my copy is different than the scan I had. The scan I had has "Assembled in Mexico" in a black circle on the back, though the 2 boxed copies I have in my possession do not. I'm going to have to look over other Data Age boxes to see if that variation exists.

Phil

Phil,

If you have CBS Electronics scans left not already in our database, please let me know.

Our CBS Electronics section is currently being filled.

8)

Phil

Phil,

If you have CBS Electronics scans left not already in our database, please let me know.

Our CBS Electronics section is currently being filled.

8)

I gave you everything I had from the last time when I finished CBS. There is nothing new with that company this time. New boxes are with Atari, M Network, and 1 Imagic. Please give me your email again that you want these sent to as I may not have it right with my new computer. All my old info is on the other computer not hooked up.

Phil

Ok, I changed 2 things so far. I found a new box variation for Backgammon. It's the same as the standard glued flap style, but this one has a tab flap. I also confirmed its Rev number. It's up on the website.

The second item of change was Backgammon. First of all, I noticed a small variation with the picture label. The hand of the player on the right is fully inside the photo in the new acquisition, and touches the photo from the old label. I need to recheck my duplicates and see if this is the first time I've noticed it, or I missed it and already owned the variation. So both are now up on the site. I also discovered a completely new box variation for Breakout. This one has the ninety limited warranty, where there was no discovery prior. Also, I noticed with this box that the title has a ® trademark instead of the TM after it. Also, GAME PROGRAM on the front does not have a TM with this version as it does with others. Again, I will look over my other boxed copies of the other variations and make sure the fronts all correspond with what is posted on the site.

There will be several other variations noted, some displayed on the site, others I have not gotten to yet such as Imagic and M Network, but I'll note them here anyway. Just doing these 2 titles took me over an hour, so finding, scanning, emailing ROM, cropping, modifying the word document, modifying the web page, uploading and changing images, and uploading the new pages all takes awhile. Pretty much why doing the site has taken so long.

Anyway, I have fun doing it, but the wife is yelling for some attention, so I'll try and get another couple of games finished tomorrow evening.

Phil

Yeah. I got busy with a large purchase of toys and trading cards this past week, and need to get these things on Ebay so I can get some money back. :) I hope to get to more Atari scans over the next few days.

Phil

I just picked up another batch of boxes with manuals (no games) and not to my surprise I even found more variations. I've added som of them in text only on the website. I've yet to get them scanned and uploaded. My scanner is full of unopened packs of cards right now so I can't scan yet. I've also updated some entries with Rev numbers or which company printed the box.

In the new batch of boxes, I came across a tab flap version of Missile Command for the first time. For a common game, you'd think I would have discovered this before. It is the same as the first 2 listings, with the ninety day warranty text on the back with no warranty box. The owner must have taped both top and bottom flaps to keep them closed. Not sure why the top since the tab would keep it closed. I don't often know which company printed a box on the glued version, as that would have me unglue the bottom to see the small flap. If a box has come unglued, I'm happy to check out the company that printed the box and add that to the info for better detail. To my surprise, this tab flap Missile Command had a new company. The only two I've come across so far have been Aopak San Francisco and Bertco Graphics. Usually the boxes are printed in the range of 1978 to 1982. This Missile Command box was printed by a company called Ivy Hill and was made in 1984. I find this intriguing since the Missile Command box is dated 1980 and that the box hadn't changed much in 4 years. I was curious to even see this still being made in 1984 as new stock.

Anyway, I'll be putting this up hopefully sometime this week when I clean off my scanner. It looks like I have about 10 more boxes to add to the list overall.

Phil

I just picked up another batch of boxes with manuals (no games) and not to my surprise I even found more variations. I've added som of them in text only on the website. I've yet to get them scanned and uploaded. My scanner is full of unopened packs of cards right now so I can't scan yet. I've also updated some entries with Rev numbers or which company printed the box.

In the new batch of boxes, I came across a tab flap version of Missile Command for the first time. For a common game, you'd think I would have discovered this before. It is the same as the first 2 listings, with the ninety day warranty text on the back with no warranty box. The owner must have taped both top and bottom flaps to keep them closed. Not sure why the top since the tab would keep it closed. I don't often know which company printed a box on the glued version, as that would have me unglue the bottom to see the small flap. If a box has come unglued, I'm happy to check out the company that printed the box and add that to the info for better detail. To my surprise, this tab flap Missile Command had a new company. The only two I've come across so far have been Aopak San Francisco and Bertco Graphics. Usually the boxes are printed in the range of 1978 to 1982. This Missile Command box was printed by a company called Ivy Hill and was made in 1984. I find this intriguing since the Missile Command box is dated 1980 and that the box hadn't changed much in 4 years. I was curious to even see this still being made in 1984 as new stock.

Anyway, I'll be putting this up hopefully sometime this week when I clean off my scanner. It looks like I have about 10 more boxes to add to the list overall.

Phil

Thanks, Phil.

Please keep me informed about any new scans not already in our database.

8)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got through the majority of stuff I've been buying from store closings and such, and got my scanner freed up. I picked up another 24 boxed games and besides the new scans I already promised to do, I'm hoping for a few more variations. I'll be posting over the next 2 days all the variations hopefully and will get Rom the scans so you can see exactly what I have. I'll put it up on my website, though I don't have anything past Coleco.

I've been flying through boxed games these past couple of months. I wouldn't doubt I've sold somewhere between 75-100 boxed/sealed games since Thanksgiving. So I'm trying to restock. This forced me to get my scanner available and test more games to put back up on Ebay. Anyway, I'll post over the next couple of days what new variations. I just acquired a 1983 Jungle Hunt box and it is a tab flap version. The one on Atarimania can't give me an exact version, maybe normal flap or tab flap. Definitely not glued flap. If anyone has a standard normal flap that tucks in to the box, please give me a scan of front and back and the info on the tiny flaps. The tab flap I have says Rev A on the tiny flap. A little unusual for Atari games, which usually have Rev 1 or Rev 2, etc. Thanks.

Phil

Damn, just posted and it didn't post, so now I'll specify again. Three new additions to the website are live or will be within 15 minutes. More to come tomorrow.

Night Driver - Finally got a scan of box version 1, the ninety day warranty.

Missile Command - (limited ninety day warranty) had both glued and standard flap style. Just came across the 3rd version with tab flap which is now box variation 3.

Video Pinball - (limited ninety day warranty) got the glued flap version, which will be box variation 4.

Phil

Here are a couple things not listed in the guide. There are five variations of the NTSC boxes for the US market (not the Canadian/PAL ones in the guide). These are all oriented the same way: box front up, box top to the right in the photo. They are all two-piece boxes. If you zoom in, you can see in small print:

Made in USA

Made in USA

Made in Taiwan

Made in Malaysia

Made in Hong Kong

This makes sense, since there are docs from USA, Taiwan, Malaysia and Hong Kong and versions of the cartridge with print on the back for Taiwan/Malaysia/Hong Kong (assume the blank cartridge is made in USA).

When I get to Parker Brothers, I'm going to contact you for these specifics.

Phil