IGNORED

TI-99/4A voice synthesizer

Poopopyo

I bought a copy of TI Sings when it came out. Amazing implementation, not unlike Hal from 2001 singing "Daisy." The Bert & Ernie program was quite well done.

Somewhere I have a speech chopper program I wrote that lets you edit voice samples on the fly just for the wierd sounds.

If you can do full text to speech, try typing in repetitive strings of letters for a sort of "street rap" sound. HHPXPXPXPXPPZZSSSPPZZ or some such. Fun!

My darkroom Timer program made heavy use of speech and tones so I could process photos in total darkness and keep track of the time and the step I was on. Used that program for many years.

There's a few "Eliza" type programs out there. Probably some other XB user-written stuff as well.

I wonder if I ever tried daisy-chaining two synthesizers to see what would happen?

-Ed

Edited by Ed in SoDak

It's either that, or try to find one of the beige Speech Synthesizer cases, Tempest. Then the two will match (although they also have a different shape than the regular synthesizer). I may have to check a Hex-Bus case to see if a regular synthesizer fits in it and still lets you connect the rest of the peripherals. . .as it is the same size as the beige synth case.

• Like 1

It's either that, or try to find one of the beige Speech Synthesizer cases, Tempest. Then the two will match (although they also have a different shape than the regular synthesizer). I may have to check a Hex-Bus case to see if a regular synthesizer fits in it and still lets you connect the rest of the peripherals. . .as it is the same size as the beige synth case.

It would be awesome if we could get a mold made of this:

$(KGrHqVHJEQFIHWVUSGEBSFk+3k5z!~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqRHJFMFIDZ0SlL7BSFk+M2V6g~~60_57.J

I'd be willing to bet that people would line up to get copies made in Grey or Black for projects if the price was reasonable.

It would be awesome if we could get a mold made of this:

$(KGrHqVHJEQFIHWVUSGEBSFk+3k5z!~~60_57.J

$(KGrHqRHJFMFIDZ0SlL7BSFk+M2V6g~~60_57.J

I'd be willing to bet that people would line up to get copies made in Grey or Black for projects if the price was reasonable.

Is that the one that sold on ebay last year? I was watching that and almost went for it.

So the internal mod won't let you connect any other peripherals? Well that's no good, I need my CF7+ and on occasion my full sized PEB (I still hold out hope for a Geneve)