IGNORED

Replacement screws?

joeypsp

does anyone know if getting replacement screw for a 2600 light 6'er would be possible?

possibly from a hardware store or something

i happened to misplace them when i bought the system and it didnt work(turned out to be shitty rf, or vhf or whatever, connection) so i took it apart to check it out, never put the screws back, then i kept putting it off, and now there gone :x

I'm guessing you mean the main screws that go in the bottom that hold the top and bottom of the unit together? I don't recall noticing anything special about them, so I think you could get them from any hardware store. Somebody who knows more about screws may chime in here and tell you what exact size they are.

YES!Hardware stores,at least all the ones i go to have a special screw/bolt gauge attached around the screw/bolt area.Just bring the screw or bolt in and use the gauge to see what screw size you need.You just pass the screw through the various hole sizes until you get one that fits.There's also a length measure also on the gauge.This is easier of course if you have one of the original screws.I once bought a ColecoVision that had no casing screws at all in it.Took one screw from my other console and bought the right ones the 1ST time.

Edited by Rik

I'll try to take a photo later today, unless somebody beats me to it. Just take a penny, or something, set it next to the screw and snap a shot. Your average hardware guy will id that, no problem.

I'm gonna have my 6 switcher apart today anyway to deal with some RF issues.

Edited by potatohead

• 12 years later...

Dunno if this helps others but I measured the screws on my 4-switch Woody and Vader.
The short answer is you need four screws of size #6-20 (aka #6) in length of 5/8”. Details below…

Quantity 2 #6-20, ¾” length screws are at front.
Quantity 2 #6-20, ⅝” length screws are angled at rear. They are installed at an angle, parallel with the silver switches.

I think you could use ⅝” long screws for all four locations but factory used longer ones up front.

Measured sizes to help folks convert to metric
Diameter
0.136 inches

19.7 threads-per-inch

length
0.725 inches
and
0.600 inches

• Like 1