IGNORED

2600 Pac Man Loaner Cart

Cornelius

Sorry to make this my first post, I normally just hang out over at Digital Press (same name). I was referred here to get info on this prototype Pac Man I found last week.

finds171b.jpg

finds171c.jpg

I've played it and the Sears release right after each other a few times, and I can't see any differences. This is on a LCD rear projection, so I'm not sure if colors would show better on an old TV... they are so flickery it is really hard to tell.

Any way to verify this is 'real' without damaging it? I've got no reason to think it isn't, but someone over at DP said these are often faked (though why bother faking PacMan?).

Lastly, anyone want to hazard a guess on the value of this? It is kind of neat to have, but I doubt I appreciate it as much as more dedicated 2600 collectors. So if it isn't worth much, I'll just hang onto it as my only prototype, but if it is worth a bit, I'd likely sell it.

Thanks in advance, and please feel free to answer any questions I should have asked, but didn't. Also, mods please move this to a better area if needed.