IGNORED

I just found a Development PS1 at a garage sale!

I went to a decent looking garage sale today. Nothing but old computers until I stumbled across this For $20!!!!!

post-22364-1249147536_thumb.jpg

I also met the guy who owned it. His name is....well lets just call him Joe M. He was a developer for Acclaim back in the early to mid 90's. The rest really explains itself. He asked me if I knew what it was of course and I told him a dev PS1. He then sold it to me over the wigger little kid who wanted it because he thought it was spray painted. He also has a dev SNES and N64 w/DD. He was telling me that he was going crazy over development of Bart's Nightmare. He said "the mentality of the CEOs was if they could sell a block of wood in a box they would". Quantity over quality. It's good to hear that it wasn't always the developer's fault when a game was shit. Best garage sale ever!!!!

Edited by STICH666

awesome find thank god the little guy who wanted it cause it was spray painted. How much were the other systems why didn't you get them?

All I said was he had them. He wasn't selling them. I went back to make sure today. He might sell me an early build of WrestleMania The Arcade Game for the Genesis.

He then sold it to me over the wigger little kid who wanted it because he thought it was spray painted.

Did you just use the "W" word? For Shame!

honestly though that is quite the score to be found at a garage sale. Although Wrestlemania the arcade game is on my most hated wrestling games list I am totally interested on what this game looked like in the early stages. Keep us posted

He then sold it to me over the wigger little kid who wanted it because he thought it was spray painted.

Did you just use the "W" word? For Shame!

honestly though that is quite the score to be found at a garage sale. Although Wrestlemania the arcade game is on my most hated wrestling games list I am totally interested on what this game looked like in the early stages. Keep us posted

He just said different wrestlers that were cut for balancing issues.

Assembler would be a much better site to ask around. I don't use the serial port on mine, so I donno. Great little system though, I love it.

What can you even do with the serial port? I just want a cable to make it complete in case I decide to sell it. But if it does have some useful features, then I will definitely use it.

Edited by STICH666

That's sweet, does it boot differently (just wondering if there's anything special other than the color?) Anyhow, awesome find, wish I could have that kind of luck :P congrats.

Does anybody know where to find a serial cable for this thing?

Is there any thing special about the PSX serial cable? I thought it was just a standard (25 pn I think) cable...of course, getting a computer this day that will talk to it is another story, I think I have a 25-USB cable, though I won't say if it works, as I have found no use for it.

That's sweet, does it boot differently (just wondering if there's anything special other than the color?) Anyhow, awesome find, wish I could have that kind of luck :P congrats.

Does anybody know where to find a serial cable for this thing?

Is there any thing special about the PSX serial cable? I thought it was just a standard (25 pin I think) cable...of course, getting a computer this day that will talk to it is another story, I think I have a 25-USB cable, though I won't say if it works, as I have found no use for it.

Not it boots like a retail unit. Just finds the disc faster. Comparable to the difference between a Fat and Slim PS2 bootup. Anyway the serial cable is just like the one on a retail unit except there only thing a retail unit can do through serial is network play. Can you take pics of the cable you have. I want to see if it's the right one.

Cool,s9o basically, just a PSX without the verify thing I guess (or someting to make it load developement games)

Yeah, I was wrong about the cable, it's a printer cable (still don't got anything for it, as all my printers run through USB) Not home now, but I'll see if I can get a pic of it later.

Hi there,

Assembler would be a much better site to ask around. I don't use the serial port on mine, so I donno. Great little system though, I love it.

What can you even do with the serial port? I just want a cable to make it complete in case I decide to sell it. But if it does have some useful features, then I will definitely use it.

The cable allows you to connect your unit to the PC to send game images without burning them to CD.

I have one but don't use it because you can't use it with a PC after Win98. Plus CDs are so cheap now that it doesn't bother me too much if I burn a coaster.

Hi there,

The cable allows you to connect your unit to the PC to send game images without burning them to CD.

I have one but don't use it because you can't use it with a PC after Win98. Plus CDs are so cheap now that it doesn't bother me too much if I burn a coaster.

I have a decent 98 machine. Think you could sell it to me?

Perhaps you're thinking of using it with the Yaroze to upload small pieces of software that you have created---not uploading entire game images? The way you wrote that makes it sound like you can take a retail game and just send its image to the Playstation via the serial cable.

Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't come with a serial cable. They can make use of them though.

Edited by Blur2040

This is incorrect.

Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't come with a serial cable. Yaroze should have one...

You're right after looking at this post at Assembler.

psyqcloseup.jpg

Thats an interesting image...certainly looks like some sort of hookup for a serial cable, but I don't think that the debuggers came with that item, either.

I know I've seen pictures of a complete blue debugger (I was looking for a thread on Assembler to check, but can't find it) and I'm pretty sure that it's just a console plus controller in an unassuming brown cardboard box. You can make another thread there and ask someone to confirm it.

You're good with a bog standard non-analog Playstation controller and the console itself.

I'd like a box and manual for my blue debugger though. Grumble.

Thats an interesting image...certainly looks like some sort of hookup for a serial cable, but I don't think that the debuggers came with that item, either.

I know I've seen pictures of a complete blue debugger (I was looking for a thread on Assembler to check, but can't find it) and I'm pretty sure that it's just a console plus controller in an unassuming brown cardboard box. You can make another thread there and ask someone to confirm it.

You're good with a bog standard non-analog Playstation controller and the console itself.

I'd like a box and manual for my blue debugger though. Grumble.

Ahem. Like this...

post-22364-1249691368_thumb.jpg

Yeah that adapter is the Psy-Q. It just allows for games to be run directly off the PC but not from an ISO image.

Edited by STICH666