IGNORED

Almost complete collection of INTELLIVISION for.....$25,000 ? ? ?

Rev

******not my auction******

intv!!!!!!

wow, only $25,000???? what a deal!!

seriously,while it is a almost complete collection of intellivision it isnt worth this much.

he is missing the 4 european white box editions of burgertime,mission x,shark shark and vectron.even i have these. :|

he also doesnt have the CBS versions of the coleco games.

he came so close to having a complete inty collection though......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

here is the auction listing for the lazy:

You've read it here before..."the biggest Intellivision collection up for auction"..."you won't ever see anything like it again"...blah blah blah.

Well this is the real deal. THIS IS THE BIGGEST INTELLIVISION COLLECTION UP FOR AUCTION AND YOU WON'T EVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE IT AGAIN!!! (Whew.)

Seriously, maybe one or two people IN THE WHOLE WORLD have a collection this size. And that's being charitable.

All 125 games, the Keyboard Component, the Videoplexer and Playcable units, tons of catalogues and other rarities…it's all here.

After decades of collecting and lots of precious time and money, I have a move ahead of me and have decided my Intellivision collection is not going to make the trip. My bittersweet loss is your gain.

Read on for details and take a look at all of the pictures. (Many more pictures available on request.)

Keyboard Component -- complete. COMPLETE. Did I mention that the Keyboard Component is complete? You get the unit, the box (with packing inserts), the manual, the manual addendum, the microphone and its stand, the video cable extender (custom piece for Keyboard Component - impossible to find!!!) -- even the 2 little screws that attach a Master Component into the unit. I'm including a low serial number Master Component that is believed to have come from Mattel's test marketing program in Fresno in the late 1970s. (It's installed with the screws.)

BASIC Cartridge and Data Cassette -- complete in box with manual.

Keyboard Component Data Cassettes (two-pack) -- sealed in box.

A stack of internal Mattel Electronics paperwork from the Keyboard Component development and marketing days -- game testing instructions, draft versions of manuals, etc.

Playcable -- includes manual and General Instrument TV/Game adapter (custom piece for Playcable -- impossible to find!!!)

Videoplexer -- complete in box with manual.

Model 3806 Demo Unit -- one of only two known surviving units!!! This was the guts of Mattel's floor-standing display cases in stores. So unbelievably rare most people don't even know about it. Do an internet search for more info.

MTE-201 Test Cartridge

IMI 3.3 T-Cart Test Cartridge (super super rare)

Intellivision 2 Test Cartridge

Demonstration Cartridge (1978) -- in blue box

Demonstration Cartridge (1980) -- in red box (VERY difficult to find boxed)

Demonstration Cartridge (1983) -- in green box

International Demonstration Cartridge (1983) -- in red box (VERY difficult to find boxed

4-Tris -- original homebrew version - complete

4-Tris -- Intelligentvision version - complete

4-Tris -- Left Turn Only version - complete

The rest of the Intelligentvision and Left Turn Only games, complete:

o

Space Patrol

o

Stonix

o

Minehunter

o

Same Game & Robots

Unreleased games in cartridge/box format: Robot Rubble and League of Light.

Fan boxes: Wing War and MTE-201 test cartridge.

Astrosmash Digiplay ROM variant

Intv2PC hand controller interface so you can use genuine controllers while playing emulated games on your PC.

All 125 games. Complete in the box with manuals and factory overlays (where applicable) That's right, every single released game for the system, including all of the ultra-rares:

o

Spiker Super Pro Volleyball (forgot to take a picture but yes it's included)

o

Stadium Mud Buggies

o

Congo Bongo

o

Fathom

o

Turbo

o

Super Cobra

o

Tutankham

o

Learning Fun 1 and 2

o

all 6 computer module games including World Series Major League Baseball

o

and all of the rest.

Each piece of the game is stored separately for preservation and playability.

Don't like the fact that some games didn't come with overlays? You're covered. I have *both* Orphan Overlays set 2 AND set 3 -- complete. Plus Meteor and Deadly Dogs.

The complete set of Sears variants of Mattel's games, with their own distinctive artwork.

Dozens of catalogues, brochures and literature, including the very rare, glossy Mattel Electronics brochures for the 1981, 1982 and 1983 Consumer Electronics Shows

Intellivision Game Club News #2-#6 and Imagic Numb Thumb News #1-#2.

Activision patches for Beamrider, Happy Trails, Worm Whomper, Stampede, Pitfall, and the Astrosmash Shoot-off Patch

Wico Joystick

Sears Hand Controller (single pack)

Intellivision Hand Controller (single pack)

Plus just about all of the released hardware, boxed with manuals: Master Component, Intellivision II, Sears Super Video Arcade, ECS Computer Module, Music Synthesizer, System Changer, Intellivoice.

So what's NOT included? Frankly not much. If it's Intellivision, it's almost certainly in this collection. The one thing I'm not giving up is my Cuttle Cart -- need to be able to play the games somehow!

Edited by revolutionika

Yes too much but as a seller you can always come down he can't go up if someone takes the BIN. I'm sure he expects and email deal after the auction ends.

******not my auction******

wow, only $25,000???? what a deal!!

seriously,while it is a almost complete collection of intellivision it isnt worth this much.

he is missing the 4 european white box editions of burgertime,mission x,shark shark and vectron.even i have these. :|

he also doesnt have the CBS versions of the coleco games.

he came so close to having a complete inty collection though......

Actually the auction is only $24,999. ;) The free shipping is nice.

I look at this kind of listing as a vanity auction. "Hey look what I have!" There are some rare items in it, so maybe the seller is fishing for a deal outside of eBay and just using eBay as essentially an advertising service, but I am skeptical of the seriousness of intent as to an actual sale.

Anyone have an idea on how much it is actually worth?

Not sure what these are worth but I think if you were use a calculator on any Intellivision collection adding each item one at a time you would wear out the "1" key. A few rarities are out there and they have some value but the majority is very common and very cheap. If you know current prices it should be quick to add this up.

What’s strange to me is that he has not sold anything on eBay since May 16th and had bought 2 low value items one was a $0.99 coin battery, other than that the last transaction was not since April.

I feel this may end badly for someone....

Would never pay anything over $250 on eBay let alone $25,000...

Been quite of few auctions on eBay recently with lots of different collectables and other items where there’s a high buy it NOW! And they scam people by accepting mutable lower offers from bidders who thing they just got the barging of the century....

What’s strange to me is that he has not sold anything on eBay since May 16th and had bought 2 low value items one was a $0.99 coin battery, other than that the last transaction was not since April.

I feel this may end badly for someone....

Would never pay anything over $250 on eBay let alone $25,000...

Been quite of few auctions on eBay recently with lots of different collectables and other items where there’s a high buy it NOW! And they scam people by accepting mutable lower offers from bidders who thing they just got the barging of the century....

You buy something for 25k and you are worried go pick it up in person. I had two 5 figure deals in the past year where I down to NY once and Chicago the other time. Well worth it for piece of mind.