IGNORED

OMG at Lukemorse1

STICH666

Yep, very sad. Its a hard lesson learned - don't let this hobby become more than a hobby. Although there has to be more to it then that. I don't think anybody leaves their mate just due to collecting video games and making youtube videos. It probably went a lot deeper then that. If that were the case my wife would have left long ago. Balance is everything in life.

Having said that, I've always enjoyed his videos and wish him the best.

That's why I choose not to have a wife and / or kids. I'm 27 and I've already experienced a girl breaking my heart after being with her for years. To hell with that shit. I'll be happy by myself. Really he shouldn't blame himself so much. He seems like a nice guy and I bet his wife is just using his hobby as an excuse to leave him for some OTHER reason... Hope he signed a prenup...

Something else I'm curious about, was he already a hardcore gamer / collector when he met or married his wife? Did she know what she was getting into? Women have far too much power in america imo. They can leave / divorce a guy for any damned reason AND take all of his hard earned money. I would know, it happened to my dad... Atleast in California it's that way. I know other states are different, such as New Jersey guys actually have a fighting chance there...

I feel bad for the guy. And, I totally agree with the point that if he was like this before the marriage, his wife shouldn't be surprised.

But on the other hand, almost 800 videos in under two years? I've taking the dates from his channel page so maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that's a video every single day for two years! Plus all the time "behind the scenes" to actually do the things he documented.

With my family, I'm lucky if I'm not too tired at the end of the day to play games for maybe a half hour. I just don't see how to do what he did without seriously neglecting a family, and luckily he now sees that, and I hope his situation improves.

Even if he made 1 video a day, that's less than an hour every day. How many guys just sit and stare in front of the tv for an hour or more every day? Like almost all guys... She's using his Youtube hobby as an excuse to leave him for another underlying reason imo. I know I don't know all of the details, but it just really seems like that to me. :( I know I could be wrong, just saying... What really sucks is for the kid... Which makes me even more mad toward his woman... Leaving him for something as petty as maybe spending a little too much time on a hobby. Sorry but that is far from grounds for breaking up a marriage / relationship/ whatever! I think I've already said too much! :P I wish him luck though and I hope his family stays together. One of the worst things in life is a broken up family. imo.

My second wife knew about my gaming addiction before we got married. I made things very simple: If you don't like it, we don't have to have a relationship. I made that statement about a lot of things. She knows not to try and change things about me.

At the time we got together, I was still reeling a little bit from a bad divorce. Divorce changed me--a lot. I started standing up for myself 100% of the time. I made some other changes, too, like working as hard as I could at any job until it was done. I speak my mind even faster now than I did then. Anyone who doesn't like those features of my distinguished personality should remove themselves from my presence.

As for the dude in the video, he got dumped. I'd wager that what he was saying was driven more by motion that conscious thought. He got dumped, folks--his mind is in a turmoil right now. His world just came crashing down. He'll be fine...in time.

BTW, in Kansas, men have a good chance at keeping their stuff, too. Possession in that state really is 9/10ths. Ditto in Colorado. The proceedings in my divorce have spanned three different states, and I learned as much as I could about the laws in each one.

All that said, just up and leaving your spouse is the most cowardly and dishonorable act one could perform in any marriage. At least have the decency to call them or leave a note.

If that guy made 800 videos in two years, he was spending a LOT more than an hour a day on it. There is a lot of prep time involved in stuff like that. The ClassicGameRoom guy posts at about that rate, but it is his job. If you have a wife and young child, then you do NOT have that much time to devote to games. 10 minutes of video review has to be prepared for with a lot of play time, and then the video has to be edited and uploaded. It is sad that this guy got so deep into it that he forgot that he had a family, but come on, man. If that's what you were into to that extent, then maybe wife+kid was not for you.

Chris

While this does sound harsh, he probably deserved it. He needed to have a reality check, and it hit him hard. He has been made an example of, and we should learn from his mistakes.

Remember kids, Family First. Games second.

This also underscores the need for correcting marital problems ASAP. They can develop into a load of $#!^ faster than you can say "Atari", and the end result is usually Game Over for the marriage and the immediate family unit.

OTOH, if this stuff was going on before the marriage, why in the world did they get hitched to begin with? Let me guess... one day she came up pregnant...

Very sad and all...

...That said, I'm glad that he won't be making any more videos. I hate that guy's videos. Always blurry and done by pointing a camera at a TV. I often use youtube to lookup footage of games that I want to see/can't remember. I always have to sidestep his videos, as they were terrible.

Very sad and all...

...That said, I'm glad that he won't be making any more videos. I hate that guy's videos. Always blurry and done by pointing a camera at a TV. I often use youtube to lookup footage of games that I want to see/can't remember. I always have to sidestep his videos, as they were terrible.

Really? I just checked out three random ones he did of gameplay videos and they don't look blurry to me.

Very sad and all...

Really? I just checked out three random ones he did of gameplay videos and they don't look blurry to me.

Really. It's very blurry compared to someone doing it from a capture card. I also don't really want to hear his ramblings either. Combine that with lousy video quality...and I have no desire to watch any of his videos at all.

If that guy made 800 videos in two years, he was spending a LOT more than an hour a day on it. There is a lot of prep time involved in stuff like that. The ClassicGameRoom guy posts at about that rate, but it is his job. If you have a wife and young child, then you do NOT have that much time to devote to games. 10 minutes of video review has to be prepared for with a lot of play time, and then the video has to be edited and uploaded. It is sad that this guy got so deep into it that he forgot that he had a family, but come on, man. If that's what you were into to that extent, then maybe wife+kid was not for you.

Chris

Luke and CGR's videos couldn't be any more different. CGR plays through most if not all of a game and shows video through out and edits them on professional equiptment. Luke's videos take 10 minutes or less to make. He doesn't edit anything, ever. They're all done in one take. So Luke spends about 10 minutes on each video plus the 2 minutes it takes to put the video on his PC and start the upload.

That's just video wise. How long Luke spend playing the game or fixing things or whatever is anyones guess. But watch his videos....all one take with 0 editing. I make youtube videos the same way and it takes no time at all.

Very sad and all...

The guys videos were awesome and he was a great guy you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit:He is part of a video game community that makes videos to communicate to each other showing collectings etc and once in a while "pop in a game and play some of that" he was a very cool dude and was always taking time to answer peoples questions wether it was about a game or how to fix something.His videos arn't blurry maby you should get your eyes checked and get glasses.

Edited by Gemeni

Very sad and all...

The guys videos were awesome and he was a great guy you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edit:He is part of a video game community that makes videos to communicate to each other showing collectings etc and once in a while "pop in a game and play some of that" he was a very cool dude and was always taking time to answer peoples questions wether it was about a game or how to fix something.His videos arn't blurry maby you should get your eyes checked and get glasses.

I know exactly what I am talking about. I'm talking about my own opinion.

Clearly the tragedy here is that I think he makes lousy videos. :roll:

You might be upset that your friend lost his family, but that's no reason to lash out at me.

Edited by Blur2040

Chris

Luke and CGR's videos couldn't be any more different. CGR plays through most if not all of a game and shows video through out and edits them on professional equiptment. Luke's videos take 10 minutes or less to make. He doesn't edit anything, ever. They're all done in one take. So Luke spends about 10 minutes on each video plus the 2 minutes it takes to put the video on his PC and start the upload.

That's just video wise. How long Luke spend playing the game or fixing things or whatever is anyones guess. But watch his videos....all one take with 0 editing. I make youtube videos the same way and it takes no time at all.

Yes but in order to do a video review, even in one take, you have to play the game for awhile first so that you know what you are going to talk about when you are making the video. You can't just grab a game you have never played and film yourself playing it for 10 minutes, unless it's called "Luke's First Impressions".

Chris

Chris

Yes but in order to do a video review, even in one take, you have to play the game for awhile first so that you know what you are going to talk about when you are making the video. You can't just grab a game you have never played and film yourself playing it for 10 minutes, unless it's called "Luke's First Impressions".

Chris

Just watch one of my videos. Not true.