IGNORED

OMG at Lukemorse1

STICH666

Yes but in order to do a video review, even in one take, you have to play the game for awhile first so that you know what you are going to talk about when you are making the video. You can't just grab a game you have never played and film yourself playing it for 10 minutes, unless it's called "Luke's First Impressions".

Chris

Just watch one of my videos. Not true.

Fine. In order to do a PROPER video review, even in one take, you have to play the game for awhile first so that you know what you are going to talk about when you are making the video. If this Luke guy did this so much that his wife took the kid and left, I would like to think that he at least did a decent job of it.

Chris

I dunno what the argument is...he explained the situation well enough. Too much focus online and not enough on his personal life. If that translates into 10 minutes a day or 10 hours a day, it doesn't matter which. But I need to wonder why he felt the need to explain the situation publicly at all?

Keep trying to sort out those priorities, I guess :P

But I need to wonder why he felt the need to explain the situation publicly at all?

My guess would be two things - #1, maybe he honestly is trying to keep people from making the same mistake. Seems possible that this was his honest intention. #2 - he's probably hoping that this video might bring his woman and kid back to him. Sort of a "Look! I'm all better! No, really!" deal. Just a thought.

But I need to wonder why he felt the need to explain the situation publicly at all?

Verbal diarrhea. Serious, that's the exact term used by Bruce Fisher in one of his relationship books. People who are newly separated/left/divorcing sometimes just do not know when to shut up.

My guess would be two things - #1, maybe he honestly is trying to keep people from making the same mistake. Seems possible that this was his honest intention. #2 - he's probably hoping that this video might bring his woman and kid back to him. Sort of a "Look! I'm all better! No, really!" deal. Just a thought.

Perhaps if he would have stopped making so many videos in the first place he wouldn't be in this perdicament. I've never watched any of his vids before this one, its in a way good publicity for his site since this was kind of a "look at me" post. I'd be interested to see how much more traffic his account has drum up since his announcement. You'd think with all this extra free time he'll have now that he lost his family, he'd be able to churn out even more videos than before. What is he really gonna do now? Where would you put the odds that that won't be his last vid?

I might sound really harsh, but why did he wait until it was too late to stop making vids and buying up video games and consoles at a break-neck pace? He had to see this coming, I'm guessing his SO didn't just decide to do this in one day. Its really too bad that he had his priorities too far outta whack. Gotta feel bad for his son. It appears a leason was learned, its too bad it had to come to this though since it probably could have been avoided.

Yeah, this is a sad story, but not unexpected. I mean, there might have been deeper problems involved, but the videos and whatnot made the situation worse. And as far as making this public, seems everyone is doing that with their private lives (a.k.a. Facebook Twitter, and others), letting EVERYONE know when you Twitter about having to go to the bathroom is absolutely ridiculous. I mean, when did privacy go out the window?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about this guy's loss. Since he made it my business, anyway... :|

-Steve

If he is as remorseful and sincere as he comes across in that video, he will get his wife back.

Have you never been married before, or had a girlfriend? Sometimes you can do all the right things, but when it's too late, it's too late. Remorsefulness and sincerity are not always enough to make up for years of whatever he was doing to drive her away.

Chris

It makes me think, there either must have been no warning of it happening and she just upped and left, or she had already talked to him about it and told him how she felt and he just ignored it, but I find both hard to believe. I watched his video that he made just a week before this one, and everything seemed so normal, as though he had no idea of what was going to hit him.

I'll admit I'm not much of a fan of his videos either, I don't have anything against him, but I'm not really into the whole Japanese thing, and he does seem to be way over the top in a lot of his videos.

Edited by Ross PK

If he is as remorseful and sincere as he comes across in that video, he will get his wife back.

Have you never been married before, or had a girlfriend? Sometimes you can do all the right things, but when it's too late, it's too late. Remorsefulness and sincerity are not always enough to make up for years of whatever he was doing to drive her away.

Chris

Married and divorced. I have lived with my current GF for 3 years. Would seem a petty thing to leave someone over something like this, if he is sincere and willing to change his ways.

She probably did give him a hard time in the past about it and threatened to leave, he just needed her to leave for his wake up call. Anyone not willing to give another chance after that heartfelt video, is not someone worth being with...IMHO.

If the man that made this video reads this, I wish you all the best.

I think a very important point that hasn't been touched upon yet is that his wife might just be a bitch. Or maybe she's been getting it from someone else on the side and is just using this as a convenient excuse.

I still don't think the videos were the problem. It's all the time at Hard Off, all the money wasted, all the time playing, the millions of packages in the mail on top of the videos.

Yes, it is your own fault you are on Moderator preview.

Also, I locked your other thread since you're saying here it was about the same thing and that you could have posted it in this thread.

Just what I was thinking, you beat me to the post. Lol! I've got a post about it comeing up. Just gotta wait for the mods to approve it, I'm on preview for no fault of my own. Damn!

They can leave / divorce a guy for any damned reason AND take all of his hard earned money.

First: Do you think it would be better if women were not allowed to divorce? What kind of reason do you think would suffice? Issues like that can't be quantifized, no third person can ever judge if a marriage works or not.

Second: "take all of his hard earned money" come on... The wife doesn't have any claim on any money. It's the kid who deserves the money, and rightfully so. Of course this means the parent that keeps the kid gets the money, but it's calculated to support the kid's needs (clothes, food, et cetera...) Also, the ex-husband never has to starve in order to give up money (although lots of ex-husbands illegaly like to pretend they're poor, so they don't have to give up any money or not as much money...) However, please correct me if I'm wrong and these things actually are different in the US, as I'm from Europe.

The main reason propably is, he wanted to give an explanation why there won't be any more videos. IMO one of the most disturbing annoyances on the Internet is discontinued series, with no explanation given. Why he gave that much detail is another question, that's true.

I think Lukemorse1, as nice as a guy as he might be, lost focus on his priorities. I don't know him, or do anything on Youtube, but I went for a look at his video out of curiosity's sake. Heaven knows it made me stop and think a bit.

I think stuff like this should be a wake up call to anyone who puts any sort of hobby or addiction above the human relationships in their lives. Video gaming can be an addiction as surely as alcohol or drugs. And it can be destructive too. I know there are numerous gamers here with spouses who probably could talk a great deal about balancing hobby and family.

I wish the guy well. It seems like he's had a wakeup call he desperately needed. I hope he takes grasp of it, puts aside the hobby and does what he can to rescue his marriage and family.

His situation has made me stop and think a bit, as it should any hard core gamer. Video games are objects. People are far more valuable. Having a fulfilling life is far more valuable.

I think Lukemorse1, as nice as a guy as he might be, lost focus on his priorities. I don't know him, or do anything on Youtube, but I went for a look at his video out of curiosity's sake. Heaven knows it made me stop and think a bit.

I think stuff like this should be a wake up call to anyone who puts any sort of hobby or addiction above the human relationships in their lives. Video gaming can be an addiction as surely as alcohol or drugs. And it can be destructive too. I know there are numerous gamers here with spouses who probably could talk a great deal about balancing hobby and family.

I wish the guy well. It seems like he's had a wakeup call he desperately needed. I hope he takes grasp of it, puts aside the hobby and does what he can to rescue his marriage and family.

His situation has made me stop and think a bit, as it should any hard core gamer. Video games are objects. People are far more valuable. Having a fulfilling life is far more valuable.

Oh, it DEFINITELY made me stop and think. I've been spending more time that usual on a project, and watching that video really reminded me that the wife comes first, and my hobbies come second. That being said, I have a wife that will tell me if I start neglecting her. A lot of people will stay silent about that sort of stuff until it is too late.

Chris

Oh, it DEFINITELY made me stop and think. I've been spending more time that usual on a project, and watching that video really reminded me that the wife comes first, and my hobbies come second. That being said, I have a wife that will tell me if I start neglecting her. A lot of people will stay silent about that sort of stuff until it is too late.

Chris

He looks young and, hey, not all marriages work out. Simple as that. I just find it hard to believe that a wife would leave someone over a hobby. We don't know how he spent his money (did you see the trash digging episode and how happy he was?) and we barely know how he spent his time.

I'll bet he'll be back. He seems like a great guy. It'll take time, but he'll find someone who knows that he'll never get to a point where he loves a hobby over a wife and kid(s). Very, very few people do.

I'm siding with him.

Also, I locked your other thread since you're saying here it was about the same thing and that you could have posted it in this thread.

Just what I was thinking, you beat me to the post. Lol! I've got a post about it comeing up. Just gotta wait for the mods to approve it, I'm on preview for no fault of my own. Damn!

It's a tad harsh that you've locked my over thread. And no IT IS NO FAULT OF MY OWN I'm on moderator preview.

It's a tad harsh that you've locked my over thread.

Why is that harsh at all? It's the logical thing to do, and I'm sure it's nothing personal against you. It's just that no-one needs two threads about the same thing. In other forums I know this is very common and nobody complains about it.

I don't know anything about you being on moderator preview, but a reason might be that you react pissed off to things like this.

Edited by Herbarius

This is another glaring indication that video games are evil. Save yourselves! Save your families! Pack up all of your arcade machines, consoles, and video games and send them to me. I will dispose of them properly. It might hurt for a while, but you'll thank me later.

Looks like mcjakeqcool is begging to get banned.

It's a tad harsh that you've locked my over thread. And no IT IS NO FAULT OF MY OWN I'm on moderator preview.

Yes it is, keep it up and you won't be able to post at all anymore.