IGNORED

Home made game cases

etschuetz

Okay, so how do you store your loose cartridges? I have three methods. One is a metal filing cabinet. Works great. Holds all of my Atari 2600 games (73), and 5200 games (17) I also have an embroidered Pac-Man box that was made for me, and a Cherry Wood case I made back in Junior High, some 17 or so years ago. That case holds all of my Atari 7800 games (18).

DSC01876.JPG

DSC01877.JPG

DSC01878.JPG

DSC01875.JPG

I definatly need to get around to making a case or two.

But, if you store your 7800 games in a case that says 2600, where does the 2600 games go? In a 7800 case?

And 5200 games must go in the 10400 game case! (and so on...)

Edited by Frizo

I definatly need to get around to making a case or two.

But, if you store your 7800 games in a case that says 2600, where does the 2600 games go? In a 7800 case?

And 5200 games must go in the 10400 game case! (and so on...)

LOL, when I made it, I never had an Atari 7800. However, with 73 Atari 2600 games, and a perfect number of 7800 games for the case, I decided to store them in that instead. If I had any wood working tools, I would love to make more of those, but alas, not tools that I need.

Okay, so how do you store your loose cartridges? I have three methods. One is a metal filing cabinet. Works great. Holds all of my Atari 2600 games (73), and 5200 games (17) I also have an embroidered Pac-Man box that was made for me, and a Cherry Wood case I made back in Junior High, some 17 or so years ago. That case holds all of my Atari 7800 games (18).

Haha, I too use a metal filing cabinet. It has two sliding drawers which fit 2600 carts perfectly.

Big Lots

http://www.shopbiglots.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3614964

I secure one on top of the other with steel brackets then brace it into a stud in the wall. These are perfect for NES, 2600, Coleco, Genesis boxed...you name it. And the wife is cool with it. (It's better than all of the boxes I had laying around)

For Big Lots $40 seems a little high. Can we get around $17.99? I've bought 4 already and I'll probably get another 2 'round Xmas.

post-23143-125083216477.jpg

Big Lots

I secure one on top of the other with steel brackets then brace it into a stud in the wall. These are perfect for NES, 2600, Coleco, Genesis boxed...you name it. And the wife is cool with it. (It's better than all of the boxes I had laying around)

For Big Lots $40 seems a little high. Can we get around $17.99? I've bought 4 already and I'll probably get another 2 'round Xmas.

I'm surprised more people don't use Big Lot's shelves. They come from the same suppliers as Target's stuff, and it's over 50% cheaper. $40 sounds high until you go to Target and realize that would cost you over 100-200 bucks.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

I'm surprised more people don't use Big Lot's shelves. They come from the same suppliers as Target's stuff, and it's over 50% cheaper. $40 sounds high until you go to Target and realize that would cost you over 100-200 bucks.

I think Wal-Mart sells them at prices closer to that Big Lots price, but even the Big Lots ones are kinda high for what they are: sawdust press board that's over-heavy and under-strong/durable.

I find solid wood shelves in alleyways for free, or super cheap on Craig's List.

I think Wal-Mart sells them at prices closer to that Big Lots price, but even the Big Lots ones are kinda high for what they are: sawdust press board that's over-heavy and under-strong/durable.

I find solid wood shelves in alleyways for free, or super cheap on Craig's List.

Exactly!

Free or CL is the way to go.

My wife also made me a pretty sweet little shelf to accommodate my Atari computers and colecovision.

It sits in my game room, I love it there.

I'm with madhatter667 on the Sterilite boxes and bins too. I keep all my loose 2600 carts one. They line up in rows nicely in the slim boxes. Extra games that I don't have room to keep out all stay in the larger storage bins. Other boxed games and games with cases(genesis, SMS, etc.) go on the bookshelf.

Big Lots

I use a couple of these in my game area, and another one for videos in the living room.

Occasionally Big Lots will put them on sale for $30. That's where I got the last one.

Big Lots

I use a couple of these in my game area, and another one for videos in the living room.

Occasionally Big Lots will put them on sale for $30. That's where I got the last one.

Reverse translation:

"Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi, mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi.

Mi Mi Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi $mi. M'i mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi.

Nice, I love the hand etched pac-man and atari stuff on the box, pretty cool there. Maybe you could go into the business of making those? It looks pretty awesome. Short of that, the book shelf about half way down, that looks perfect.

Me, I use Grapefruit boxes, they fit quiet a few carts, and are squared, unlike some of those totes (which I also have assloads off, mostly for CD/DVD stuff) the grapefruit boxes fit 2600, snes, and genny carts perfectly, and as I said, then they can be stored on a fairly deep shelf. I like the Idea of something that gives a view of the games better though, but you can't stack nearly as deep that way.

I'm in the process of trying to get the ideal way to store carts... I used to use baseball/hockey card boxes (I think they were 5000 card boxes) and they stored quite a few carts. Don't have then anymore so I'll have to come up with something else... I do have a small bookshelf I can use for now.

Ultimately, whatever free cabinets I can get I will take (and if you look around there are tons of them!) and in the future I can re-arrange things. When offices get new desks and cabinets, I get the old ones. :) Better than them throwing them out or something.

Big Lots

http://www.shopbiglo...oductId=3614964

I use similar shelves for my games. Also, I never keep carts in their boxes, takes too much room and make it harder to get to them.

As far as Big Lots, make sure you sign up at their website, 3-4 times a year they will send you a 20% off coupon that is good on your whole purchase and works on anything: food, DVD's, whatever.

I plan on making my shelves myself custom since i don't have a lot of room.They will go along the wall behind my bar.I will make custom slots that fit the biggest console i have.I will make everything uniform.I going this weekend to get some nice pinewood or maple.Right now i have my games in cardboard boxes and ratty shelves scattered everywhere.

Edited by Rik

I use similar shelves for my games. Also, I never keep carts in their boxes, takes too much room and make it harder to get to them.

As far as Big Lots, make sure you sign up at their website, 3-4 times a year they will send you a 20% off coupon that is good on your whole purchase and works on anything: food, DVD's, whatever.

Yeah, they have the cheap cardboard backing, but I like the uniformity. Put one on top of the other and line 3 in a row. Sweet. They only protrude out about 6 inches (yeah, yeah, save it!), so they really open up an area that was once the center for all your games. One on top of another leaves only about 6 inches from the ceiling, so your wall space is max'ed out. They also come with 6 shelves (which is like unheard of for these mass produced storage towers).

Don't get me wrong, free is nice, but I think the extra bucks really makes it look good.

Big Lots

Reverse translation:

"Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi, mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi.

Mi Mi Mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi $mi. M'i mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi mi.

:rolling: :rolling: