IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 3: H.E.R.O.

Ze_ro

Ug I can't stand this game. You play for an hour, get to a point where you lose all your lives, then you have to play another hour to get to that point again.

Good luck to everyone!

Kinda like Super Mario Bros. :roll:

Ug I can't stand this game. You play for an hour, get to a point where you lose all your lives, then you have to play another hour to get to that point again.

Good luck to everyone!

Kinda like Super Mario Bros. :roll:

Yeah, pretty silly remark. I am using the other game variations to practice the higher levels. Don't have to waste your time with the lower levels until you are ready to post a score.

Finally broke the 50K barrier but just barely

This game has some strange flying physics which cause a lot of deaths and I can't tell you how many times I've killed myself by placing a bomb when just trying to land on a platform. Wish it was something other than "down" that activates the bombs.

This game has some strange flying physics which cause a lot of deaths and I can't tell you how many times I've killed myself by placing a bomb when just trying to land on a platform.

Pulling down on the joystick while in the air has no effect whatsoever. There is no "down", there is only freefall. Until I realized this, I used to blow myself up with bombs a lot too. Similarly, although there is an up, you don't need to go up to become airborne; as soon as you step off a platform, you're flying. Sometimes you want to go up first, to be sure, but more often than not, you're just wasting time (note the delay when pushing up off a platform.)

This game has some strange flying physics which cause a lot of deaths and I can't tell you how many times I've killed myself by placing a bomb when just trying to land on a platform.

Pulling down on the joystick while in the air has no effect whatsoever. There is no "down", there is only freefall. Until I realized this, I used to blow myself up with bombs a lot too. Similarly, although there is an up, you don't need to go up to become airborne; as soon as you step off a platform, you're flying. Sometimes you want to go up first, to be sure, but more often than not, you're just wasting time (note the delay when pushing up off a platform.)

I'll see if I can apply this tomorrow when I give it one more shot

Otherwise, 53,875 is the best so far.

I don't know how you guys are managing those scores but this game drives me nuts. the flying is just too ridiculous. no subtlety at all just herky jerky stop/start motion that leaves me crashing into lava, radioactive walls or creatures or dropping into the water when I just wanna move up or down slightly. awful controls. seeing as I just whipped a joystick at the TV I may call it quits. Haven't seen past level 11 anyway. a couple of beers might inspire me but if not, 53,975 is my best, a whopping 100 points better than yesterday. $#@! those mine assholes, let 'em all die.

Edited by godzillajoe