IGNORED

FS: Fairchild System (Channel F) Multi-Cart, pre-order now.

e5frog

First six sold, ordering parts...

Price for now is $140 with money paid back at delivery in case the final price turns out to be is less than $140 - should it turn out to be more you'll get it as a discount.

Price inlcudes wolrdwide shipping, registered shipping is an additional $18.

Excuse the ignorance, but had you posted a timeline / date for when these will actually be ready ? (Even if approximate)

No estimated timeline posted.

I do all work myself in my spare time, if there's no spare time, it will take a bit longer.
I'm estimating all parts will be here within a month, then I start soldering, cleaning shells, cutting and attaching labels, cutting out, folding and glueing boxes, packing and shipping - in the order of incoming payments.
If for example something gets stuck in customs it may delay everything 1-3 weeks, I'm trying to keep costs low so people can afford to buy these which means I try not to order from DigiKey or similar places.

But an estimation... at least five weeks from now, probably not more than 2 months for the first buyer.
I try and make no promises as it's hard to say what happens in family life - which is always more important than any hobby.

For people in a hurry, keep an eye on eBay, they pop up there sometimes and sells for $200 or more.

No estimated timeline posted.

I do all work myself in my spare time, if there's no spare time, it will take a bit longer.

I'm estimating all parts will be here within a month, then I start soldering, cleaning shells, cutting and attaching labels, cutting out, folding and glueing boxes, packing and shipping - in the order of incoming payments.

If for example something gets stuck in customs it may delay everything 1-3 weeks, I'm trying to keep costs low so people can afford to buy these which means I try not to order from DigiKey or similar places.

But an estimation... at least five weeks from now, probably not more than 2 months for the first buyer.

I try and make no promises as it's hard to say what happens in family life - which is always more important than any hobby.

For people in a hurry, keep an eye on eBay, they pop up there sometimes and sells for $200 or more.

Thanks for the reply!

Not in a hurry but getting things by mail into my country is a complicated process...

So I try to buy these things when I travel, and for that I need to know if I can actually get it at the same time I'm travelling so probably next trip if minimum will be 5 weeks to 2 months if no delays.

Of course other stuff comes firts, totally understandable!

Looking forward to it!

Thanks.

Yesterday I ordered all electronic components, within a reasonable budget. Everything from Europe.
PCB was also ordered yesterday, arrival expected in about two weeks.

Will proceed with box-order...

EDIT:
Multi-Cart box order sent, packing boxes purchased.

So, only toll that could happen is for the PCB:s and extra expenses if anything is lost.
We're looking at a price close to $130 at the moment.

Edited by e5frog

• 2 weeks later...

Got the boards today, delivered to work (PCB factory) imagine - it was not all positive comments buying boards from China (at less than half the price what they would have charged me at work).

Will start soldering soon, still missing the RAM which should have gotten here a few days ago...

Hi there Charles, I shipped that to an old address and it didn't come back so I'll put you up for still needing one and have it sent further on when the new prints has arrived (as well as all the other old customers that hasn't got one yet).

retango, thanks, noted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: RAM arrived but when starting to build I realized I had ordered the wrong size capacitors (or the seller was unclear - I can take the blame for this one), so it will take some more time before all parts have arrived. I'll try and prepare for their arrival.

All electronic components received, building continues...

There's two carts left, final price is a bit more than $140 but I'll sell the last ones for $140, not a big loss. Box print was a lot more than last time, didn't get a good answer about the reason but as I'm quite pleased with the quality it's better to keep to the same print shop than taking chances with a new one.

I may not build each cart from start to finish but rather a single step on each cart at the time, if anyone had planned to use it in some special event, let me know and I might rush yours.

Will post updates on progress.

If changing your mind about shipping and you want registered shipping added, just le me know and pay the $18 fee for this.

... back to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

Batch is sold out, there may be leftovers for another cart if anyone happens to need one, I'll see when all the others are done.

Will update here if there are any kind of unusual delays, possibly progress reports now and then and I will update the first post when shipped.

• 1 month later...