IGNORED

Proposal/idea for a classic hardware and software database and price guide

It would be split between, officially released systems having one section and the clones/hacks and knock off formats (i.e megaboy, the various tv joystick things, system on a chip devices and the knock off old skool pong systems and nes/nes/genesis etc systems) having another section

Also applies to games software and non games software etc (including hardware accessories and popular mods etc

would be broken down into the following catagories

year launched, launch price (RRP/MSRP), last advertised (average) price (RRP/MSRP), second hand availability, collectable value, average second hand/second user price (not ebay prices ofcourse)...as well as any catagories that come to mind

The idea behind this is that it's all contained within atariage so that you don't have do go visit a million and one other sites for the same info and so that people can see the sort of prices to quote or ask of when buying/selling their retro wares (saves them getting stung on places like CL and evilbay) and so that we can avoid the million and one threads entitled 'interest check...etc'

It would be split between, officially released systems having one section and the clones/hacks and knock off formats (i.e megaboy, the various tv joystick things, system on a chip devices and the knock off old skool pong systems and nes/nes/genesis etc systems) having another section

Also applies to games software and non games software etc (including hardware accessories and popular mods etc

would be broken down into the following catagories

year launched, launch price (RRP/MSRP), last advertised (average) price (RRP/MSRP), second hand availability, collectable value, average second hand/second user price (not ebay prices ofcourse)...as well as any catagories that come to mind

The idea behind this is that it's all contained within atariage so that you don't have do go visit a million and one other sites for the same info and so that people can see the sort of prices to quote or ask of when buying/selling their retro wares (saves them getting stung on places like CL and evilbay) and so that we can avoid the million and one threads entitled 'interest check...etc'

Sounds cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Allan

Sounds good, perhaps also the generally accepted rarity value (is that what you mean by second hand availability?). You should be able to do things like search for "Double Dragon" on any system, and any Atari game released in 1981, etc.

Would be great if there was an iPhone app to access data like this.

Sounds good, perhaps also the generally accepted rarity value (is that what you mean by second hand availability?). You should be able to do things like search for "Double Dragon" on any system, and any Atari game released in 1981, etc.

Would be great if there was an iPhone app to access data like this.

mighten be an idea, an atariage service for iphone

both rarity and second hand cost value

Why not just try to help improve the Digital Press Online Rarity Guide?

I did try to do that, many times, with their Atari 8-bit section, but they didn't seem to care how inaccurate or out-of-date it was (and still is).

Did you try the RF Generation database? You can update the database yourself there.

I think I'll stick with Atarimania.

:)

Why not just try to help improve the Digital Press Online Rarity Guide?

I did try to do that, many times, with their Atari 8-bit section, but they didn't seem to care how inaccurate or out-of-date it was (and still is).

Did you try the RF Generation database? You can update the database yourself there.

I think I'll stick with Atarimania.

:)

Ever try this?

http://www.consolecity.com/games.php

It's the one I use.

It would be great if it was something like PCEDaisakusen.net where when you click on a game, the information (year released, screenshots, general info, reviews, etc.) is contained therein, along with the names of other people who own the game, to give an idea of rarity

Example: a list of NES games, you click on "kung fu." On the page that comes up, you see screens, box art (front and back), year of release, etc. halfway down the page, theres a "user rating" (the average of all the users who have rated the game), and any reviews that people have written up.

What works for one system-specific site, may work for something ike this as long as all the information is organized. i for one would love to have a centralized place in which to keep track of all the games i own. especially if its a site im going to visit often

It would be great if it was something like PCEDaisakusen.net where when you click on a game, the information (year released, screenshots, general info, reviews, etc.) is contained therein, along with the names of other people who own the game, to give an idea of rarity

Example: a list of NES games, you click on "kung fu." On the page that comes up, you see screens, box art (front and back), year of release, etc. halfway down the page, theres a "user rating" (the average of all the users who have rated the game), and any reviews that people have written up.

What works for one system-specific site, may work for something ike this as long as all the information is organized. i for one would love to have a centralized place in which to keep track of all the games i own. especially if its a site im going to visit often

RF Generation does exactly that for their game pages, and you can (obviously) keep track of your entire collection.