IGNORED

Help Installing Direct3D Drivers On Desktop, Which Needs To Stay Offline

Bowser N64

Problem With Direct3D Drivers

Well, my problem certainly is a puzzling one.

Here's the thing. I have a desktop computer running Windows XP Professional, service pack 2. Most things run fine. My disk and CD/DVD drives are all working correctly. My mouse and keyboard function well, as does my VGA monitor. I have .net framework 3.5 installed, as well as DirectX 9.0c. However, when I try to run a 3D game, or anything that requires 3D imagery, I get an error, that says the following: "Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device, make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0." Well, I went to start, run, and typed "dxdiag" in the run box. In dxdiag, in the tab under DirectX Features, where it has the buttons for Direct3D acceleration and what not, it was grayed out. Such as below.

DirectDraw Acceleration: Not Available

Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

I could not click the disable buttons to the right of those there. However, there was one button visible and able to be clicked. This was "Test DirectDraw". I clicked it and tested it and all worked fine. Also I looked below DirectX Features, and at the Notes, and it said:

"The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.

Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer."

Well at this point it seemed likely that my video card driver was out of date. I determined logically, that I possessed a video card, because I was able to see things on screen. I found out what motherboard I am using, with Cpu-Z. Here are the details.

==========================================

LGA775

======================

INTEL DESKTOP BOARD

D945GTP, D945PLM ("01" Was In hexagon)

CANADA ICES - 003

CLASS B

Serial Number: LATP60707486 AA C97834 - 303

E210882

==========================================

I went to Intel's website and found drivers for the desktop board D945GTP. The strange part is I downloaded the driver installation program from Intel, and then when I ran it on the other PC, it refused to run, saying "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements of this software. Setup will now exit." No idea how frustrating this is. I downloaded all the driver installation programs I could find for the D945GTP on the Intel website, and the same result!

I downloaded the trial of Driver Genius Pro, and scanned for out of date drivers on my PC desktop. Well, turns out I have 20 drivers out of date, Video card/Direct3D included, I am sure. I know it would be easy to automatically download the latest drivers online with Driver Genius, but here is the problem. I don't want to connect that computer to the web! I have no virus protection! I have searched online everywhere! I still have not found a way to install my needed drivers offline, except for the executables from Intel, which obviously didn't work! I really need to install all 20. Please help! I need to be able to install the drivers I need, without having to go online with my desktop computer!

Edited by Bowser N64

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/C/4/3C46A69A-CB0F-4CCA-B1E8-248D43270D5F/directx_mar2009_redist.exe

..just to be sure you have the latest version..

And get your latest graphics card drivers from the mfg.. Download them and put them on a usb stick or cd rom..

It Is Often Necessary To Use The Right Adjectives To Be Ultimately Descriptive. - It is also important to supply the correct information - what is your graphics card? who is it made by?

Edited by Keatah