IGNORED

New version of Skeleton Released

Albert

/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=2363Eric Ball has released a new version of his new Atari 2600 game Skeleton. This new version now features a skeleton direction finder, and Eric has created both NTSC and PAL versions. You can download a zip file containing the NTSC and PAL binaries here, a profile entry for Stella, and the latest manual. AtariAge will soon be selling a cartridge version of Skeleton for $20, complete with a full-color manual. If you'd like to pre-order a copy, please drop us a line at sales@atariage.com.

Sweet! Its going to be on a cart! What? No label contest? This is a very cool game!

Is the Skele-finder an option (like use the B/W switch to toggle?) or is it always on? I understand the need for one, but I also like the suspense of using the sound.

And for only $20 this game is a steal! Sweet! :)

The Skeleleton finder can be enabled/disabled using the left difficulty switch. (It should be B=off.) RTFM

For those of you interested in cartridges, I will also be working with Randy at Hozer Video to make cartridges available through him. However, the labels will be different/exclusive.

Although a label contest has been discussed, the guys at AtariAge haven't decided whether they want to go that route. I don't know what Randy and I will work out yet either. But I will gladly accept any artwork.

But before I give the go ahead to make the carts, I need to hear from you that it is bug free. (Especially the PAL version.) And although emulator testing is appreciated, I want to hear from those people with SuperChargers, CuttleCarts, RAMCarts or even EPROMs in ZIF sockets.

Happy hunting!

But before I give the go ahead to make the carts, I need to hear from you that it is bug free.  (Especially the PAL version.)  And although emulator testing is appreciated, I want to hear from those people with SuperChargers, CuttleCarts, RAMCarts or even EPROMs in ZIF sockets.

I played around with it a bit last night on my Supercharger. Looks great, plays great. I haven't noticed any bugs. I do have to say, however, that I apparently suck at the game and never really make it past 5 skeletons before the dreaded "Got You" appears. Maybe someone with better skills had better fill a report.