IGNORED

PAL Cakewalk price check.

Armageddon Potato

Super edit: I seemed to have messed this post up badly lol. Also the "Full Editor" doesn't do anything for me for some reason.

I have a Cakewalk that plays in color on my NTSC machine. I'm not totally sure if it's NTSC or PAL though as it has some very light wavyness to it, and the playfield is very slightly downward on the screen. It also has purple areas on the left and right sides of the intro screen, and the conveyor belts are green. From what I've seen on the net the side area in the intro is green, and the conveyor belts are blue. The game is also slower than the rom I've played on the net. I believe it is PAL then right?

If it is PAL I was wondering what it'd be worth?

Edited by Armageddon Potato

$10

Super edit: I seemed to have messed this post up badly lol. Also the "Full Editor" doesn't do anything for me for some reason.

I have a Cakewalk that plays in color on my NTSC machine. I'm not totally sure if it's NTSC or PAL though as it has some very light wavyness to it, and the playfield is very slightly downward on the screen. It also has purple areas on the left and right sides of the intro screen, and the conveyor belts are green. From what I've seen on the net the side area in the intro is green, and the conveyor belts are blue. The game is also slower than the rom I've played on the net. I believe it is PAL then right?

If it is PAL I was wondering what it'd be worth?

Thanks. I can see some games like the ones by Bomb are only R5. Cakewalk is still R8, but I guess even R8 PAL games aren't worth that much?

Interesting, and thanks for the link! How can you tell the PAL mystique games from the NTSC ones? Do they play in different colors or something on different NTSC/PAL consoles?

Thanks. I can see some games like the ones by Bomb are only R5. Cakewalk is still R8, but I guess even R8 PAL games aren't worth that much?

Interesting, and thanks for the link! How can you tell the PAL mystique games from the NTSC ones? Do they play in different colors or something on different NTSC/PAL consoles?

Most PAL Mystique games were never released as NTSC,only about 3 PAL games were also released as NTSC also.

Some PAL carts have a little "P" on the bottom of the cart front label.

This site hereshows the differences between PAL and NTSC..

of the comavid pal versions, cakewalk is more a R5 ... cosmic swarm and room of doom are even more common and rather a R4... mines of minos is just a bit harder to find and maybe a R5... and stronghold is probaly the only one worth being listed as R8 ...

boxed pal cakewalks can be found between 50 and 100$

of the comavid pal versions, cakewalk is more a R5 ... cosmic swarm and room of doom are even more common and rather a R4... mines of minos is just a bit harder to find and maybe a R5... and stronghold is probaly the only one worth being listed as R8 ...

What makes a box box just a sticker on the back? Are the intructions also different?

What makes a box box just a sticker on the back? Are the intructions also different?

I take it you meant to ask what makes a "PAL" box? If so then it is the sticker. And yes, the instructions are also different.

Someone here tried to sell an NTSC copy of the game with a PAL box that had the sticker removed and didnt do too well. The box had les fading where the sticker had kept the sunlight off the box, so you could tell it had been a "PAL" box. And you know those NTSC collectors ;)

• 2 weeks later...

One sold last week for $180 on ebay