IGNORED

have you ever hated a console?

Tr3vor

Growing up, I remember hating the VIC-20 & C64 (Atari 800 was superior) and also hating the NES (I was a Genesis man). But that's no longer the case for me. Probably the only system that I would dislike would be the Odyssey 2. I never liked the controls or the games that were available on it.

I'm surprised by the amount of hate for the Gamecube. I think it's a great system because there were a number of good games that are available for cheap. The games load fast compared to PS1 or PS2. The gamecube was the first system I bought after a long (almost 20 years) hiatus on video gaming.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only person with a dislike for the game.com system. I added it to my collection at one point and acquired EVERY game, complete, and just couldn't find any fun in the thing. It was slow, the screen was hard to see, and the games were sluggish.

I sold the entire package to somebody for $20 and never looked back. I was happy to unload the thing.

I love the N64 system and the games, but still to this day hate the controllers. One of the best features of the Wii is the ability to download and play the N64 games and use the Wii Classic controllers or GameCube Wavebird controllers. It is better then playing on the original N64.

Dislike, not hate as they all have something that I love about them.

1. Atari 5200 - I gotta agree with the 5200 for the controllers alone. I've got two complete systems that I cannot play due to out of service controllers. When they work, I love the system. Unfortunately, it's down more than up nowadays.

2. Sega Genesis - I owned one back in the day with the Sega CD attachment. I also had an SNES which was better for most games that were cross platform. For some reason I could never get into the Genesis and I sold it.

3. NES - Loved it until all it did was blink. After that it was packed up and thrown into the closet. I still own my original NES Control Deck in the box. I should really get the new 72pin connector and fix it up.

I've never felt hatred for any console I've tried, but I have to say that certain consoles turned me away with their badly-designed controllers. The Sega Master System and the N64 immediately come to mind, and the Intellivision's controllers (no matter what model) don't win any points with me either.

I have never been a fan of any of the Nintendo systems but especially hate the NES with its horrible flickery graphics, childishly styled games and the way it manages to ruin so many great arcade games by adding stupid shit to them that they didn't need.

Always hated the C64 with its horrid looking muddy coloured visuals.

Obviously I hate Sony too, don't we all? :P

• Like 1

I have never been a fan of any of the Nintendo systems but especially hate the NES with its horrible flickery graphics, childishly styled games and the way it manages to ruin so many great arcade games by adding stupid shit to them that they didn't need.

Amen, brother.

Yeah, but sometimes adding weird stuff worked - Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Bionic Commando, etc.

Edited by vdub_bobby
  • Like 2

Amen, brother.

Yeah, but sometimes adding weird stuff worked - Contra, Ninja Gaiden, Bionic Commando, etc.

Errr, no it didn't :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Yup, I've hated a couple of them.

5200 for the horrid controllers. My 5200 is down due to controllers right now. They are both just plain shot--even a new flex circuit will not save them. I committed a terrible act recently and smashed the one half working controller into the front of the console. The console shattered in the front and the controller casing cracked. I crawled about the floor until I found every single piece of the shattered console, and I super glued it all back together. It looks a tad rough now, but then again, that plus the burn marks on the console (I didn't do those) just add character.

NES for the blinking and pink screens. Dunno how many times I've wanted to kick a field goal with one of these.

I shattered a Game Gear once, too, but that's a good little handheld. I was angry with Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, and I started pointing at the screen and yelling at it. Not wise with a small screen, trust me. I caught my finger on the edge of the metal table and ripped the nail halfway off. In the next second, I grabbed the Game Gear in my fist and slammed it down onto the table as hard as I possibly could. There was blood and plastic everywhere, and black fluid was oozing out of the screen.

The cart and the NiCd batteries survived. :thumbsup:

Other than that, I don't like the N64's fragile controllers, the Saturn's picky cart slot, or the Dreamcast's VMUs that just love to eat expensive batteries for breakfast. I also don't get along much with my skateboard, but it's got six faulty AA cells in it so I can't blame it for that.

Even so, I make do. :) (happy thoughts, happy thoughts...I got cheated again!! *breaks cart* happy thoughts...)

Looks like a case of anger management needed ;) .

I don't hate any system. I love playing games, so i love all devices that allow me to play.

I love my odyssey2, my cd-i i've got a nice collection of games, my nes, my intv, coleco, every thing.

Amen, brother.

Errr, no it didn't :thumbsdown:

Whatev. Ninja Gaiden on NES = awesome. Ninja Gaiden coin-op = boring Double Dragon clone. There's a reason that when they remade Bionic Commando they remade the NES version and not the coin-op version. Contra's more of a personal preference, I suppose, but I've always felt like the NES version played better. Tecmo Bowl is another coin-op game that is, at best, forgettable while the NES version is a definite classic.

• Like 1

I don't hate any system - I just hate Sony in general.

They screwed the market forever when they released the Playstation at a massive loss - it set the scene for every other manufactyrer to follow - basically if you weren't cashed up it didn't matter how good your machine was because not everyone can sell at a loss to keep the price down. They killed Sega , M2 , nearly killed Nintendo , Jag and now they're killing themselves - I hope they implode.

All PS3 has done is give a lot of rich people a Blu-Ray player - as if the customers who could afford Bravia TVs and get their PS3s for free would buy games - just a way to bump up unit figures to attract third parties and win the Blu-Ray HD war. Thanks for nothing Sony

• Like 1

i've loved every game system i've owned beginning with the Intellivision

EXCEPT the Xbox 360..i don't know if my expectation were too high but i wasn't

impressed by the games at all and i really don't feel the 360 is that much of a leap

in technology as some people make it out to be

plus the system is just plain ugly and heavy

i bought the 360 in december of 08 and sold it by June of that year

and haven't missed it at all

i've loved every game system i've owned beginning with the Intellivision

EXCEPT the Xbox 360..i don't know if my expectation were too high but i wasn't

impressed by the games at all and i really don't feel the 360 is that much of a leap

in technology as some people make it out to be

plus the system is just plain ugly and heavy

i bought the 360 in december of 08 and sold it by June of that year

and haven't missed it at all

yeah, your right, it just feels like a slightly upgraded xbox.

i think that the only company who decided to do any big changes was nintendo.

I dont like the Xbox 360 but its strange cause I like the games. I never felt that way before so its a unique feeling.

I never hated any system except when I was growing up in the early 80's.

2600 vs Intellivision

5200 vs Colecovision

Nintendo (NES/SNES) vs Sega (Genesis)

I think it ended right there. If I didnt have the system I hated it.

I'm not like that anymore.

I've always hated the Phillips CD-I. Ever since it first came out I always thought it was lame. I always fall asleep to educational videogames.

I never liked the Sega 32X either.Was over at my friend Liz's once and her brother had that.The games for it looked really bad. Other than that I love all other game systems lol.

I hate xbox 360's. I bought a new one and it died 3 red lights of death. sent it in for repair then the same thing a week after I got it back. Bought 2 more after that as I have $1800 invested in games one died the same way only a month old and the last one is a week old and It has a new issue every time I use it. none of them made it two months

I'm sure I'll get plenty of replies about this but I couldn't stand the 2600.

My friend always tried to get me to play on his but I always came away with as bad a feeling about it.

I didn't like the sound, the graphics were blocky, the factory controllers were always breaking (at least his were) and the games looked/played nothing like the arcade.

I think that last part is the problem and I even find it to be a problem with computer versions of arcade licenses.

Someone will rave about some version being the best but it's obvious they didn't spend much time in the arcade or they would know it doesn't feel anything like the way the arcade version plays.

But can any home version, really?

You're not in the arcade with your friends. It's not the same place and time as when you played it as years go by, and you're no longer the same person. All of the harware dedicated to that one game is not there. Didn't all of this add to the overall experience?