IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

No real news on the disassembled cart, I've contacted an old friend and he's trying to sort a few things out for me. Just have to wait now.

In the meantime I came accross the Zaku demo, theres no sound and I'm not sure if its just a one level game on offer. I've got this running on my 16 in 1 cart and its working fine.

I cannot upload it here but here's a link to it on my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Izm8L55uyRRmZfdVI0R2lsaWs/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

Rgds

BadPricey

• 1 month later...

Nothing new on the repair of my cart ? but just had this from Super Fighter Team email.

What's next from Super Fighter Team? Sango Fighter III: Cao Cao's Revenge? A fully immersive, head-mounted 3d Super A'can console? A belated third production run of Zaku for the Atari Lynx followed confusingly by an all-new, all-original RPG for the Watara Supervision?? (Boy, you are terrible at guessing games.) Only time will tell, so stay tuned!!*

* - But seriously though, keep writing in about Zaku. ;-)

A third run of Zaku is planned ?

I reckon that might be salvageable! Clean up with isoprop. Clean pins on chip up, get some good flux on there and resolder the chip on carefully. There's a chance it will work I think.

Cheers for the advice. I've got a friend who works at a semiconductor company. He's trying to get access to the Failure Analysis lab to give it an ultrasonic bath, then he'll tackle the soldering for me. I just have to be patient......Maybe the third run of Zaku will be out by then ?

Just got an email from Super Fighter Team about the latest preorder - Nightmare Busters for SNES. At the bottom of the email it said this:

"What's next from Super Fighter Team? Sango Fighter III: Cao Cao's Revenge? A fully immersive, head-mounted 3d Super A'can console? A belated third production run of Zaku for the Atari Lynx followed confusingly by an all-new, all-original RPG for the Watara Supervision?? (Boy, you are terrible at guessing games.) Only time will tell, so stay tuned!!*

* - But seriously though, keep writing in about Zaku. ;-)"

I think we should all just shoot them off an email and show SFT exactly how many people are on board for another run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest email update from SFT had this to say (for anyone who missed it):

"And stay tuned for future updates from us, including maybe something about Zaku for the Atari Lynx possibly going back into potential production perhaps. *wink*"

Looking forward to the release, when it happens! :-D

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I had an Atari Lynx many years ago (sold it), but just bought a used one. I remember what great fun it was and am really surprised (but glad) that there is still interest in it.

This game looks very interesting and would be interested in buying when/if it goes into another run!

I got an e-mail from Super Fighter Team last night.

Basically stating that if they get enough interest they may well put Zaku back into production!

I've got a copy and it's well worth grabbing!

So..... if you want a copy, e-mail Super Fighter Team stating you're interested, it may well happen again. :-)

I also got an email from the Super Fighter Team today regarding their back catalog including this on Zaku;

"Rabid Atari Lynx fans unite! Keep those emails coming in about Zaku, our super -charged shooter and we may just put it back into production"

So get a typing!!!

Oh, hello. :-D

We've been getting a lot of e-mails about Zaku lately. We were getting quite a few before the recent mailing list updates, but lately they've been coming in left and right. It's really cool!

Zaku is one of my favorite games that we've published here at Super Fighter Team, and I'd really like to put it back into production.

Buuuuut... if we did that, it would be on two conditions:

1). We would need to receive at least 400 pre-orders to justify the basic production amount, and cover expenses

2). Due to our high production backlog, the game wouldn't ship until 2018

If either or both of these conditions are major dealbreakers for the majority of people interested in the game, then we just won't be able to do it. Sorry.

If not, then we'll strongly consider opening up a pre-order option in the near future.

Please weigh in on the subject at your earliest convenience -- here in the forums or directly by e-mail -- so I can get a general feel of the situation.

Thanks!

penguinbros.gif

• Like 1