IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

So, if you need 400 orders at least, how big is the list at the moment ?

Considering there have already been 2 runs, I think reaching 400 would be pretty unlikely.

I am all for supporting developers of games, especially those who stick out their neck to develop for a "dead" platform like the Lynx. The price of the game was also reasonable enough, plus having the box and manual is cool.

However if we won't reach 400, then why not sell the ROM file so the poor "couple" of people who missed out on the first two runs can still enjoy the game ?

Edited by Level42
  • Like 1

Wow 400 pre orders!

That's a lot needed to satisfy a run.

Has the sd card even reached that number?

I want this game and the timescales isn't an issue but I feel the numbers involved here are going to be tough.

What would the price of this game be if we reached the 400?

• Like 1

400 x $40 = $16000

What are the costs of a cartridge, box and manual at 400 copies ? 10 bucks ?

I'll gladly send you 30 dollars for just the ROM file. Same profit, no hassle.

You can brand it so I can't pass it on to anyone (in fact, I don't even know anyone with a Lynx outside of this forum).

Edited by Level42

Oh, hello. :-D

We've been getting a lot of e-mails about Zaku lately. We were getting quite a few before the recent mailing list updates, but lately they've been coming in left and right. It's really cool!

Zaku is one of my favorite games that we've published here at Super Fighter Team, and I'd really like to put it back into production.

Buuuuut... if we did that, it would be on two conditions:

1). We would need to receive at least 400 pre-orders to justify the basic production amount, and cover expenses

2). Due to our high production backlog, the game wouldn't ship until 2018

If either or both of these conditions are major dealbreakers for the majority of people interested in the game, then we just won't be able to do it. Sorry.

If not, then we'll strongly consider opening up a pre-order option in the near future.

Please weigh in on the subject at your earliest convenience -- here in the forums or directly by e-mail -- so I can get a general feel of the situation.

Thanks!

penguinbros.gif

When Zaku is eventually in production again, will there be a limit on how many per person? For example if I wanted to order 2 carts. Or would anyone who orders only be allowed to buy 1 ?

Me personally I would buy 2 copy's.

Thanks for the info. Either way, i look forward to this...........peace ✌

I don't think there's a per person limit. If there are 50 people who wanted 1, 25 who wanted 2, and one who wanted 300, they could probably do it. Naturally the big order buyer may be asked to pay up front to show the person is serious about it so they won't get stuck with unsold stock of 300 that would take years to sell off.

Soooooooooooooo, no reply from the sellers about my questions/suggestions.......too bad.....

Can anybody hit me up,with the ROM file, I don't want to wait until 2018 (or 2032 when we finally hit 400 preorders) where is the list to pre-order anyway ?!?!?)

I'm a good boy, I promise to buy 2 carts when it WILL get released.

Edited by Level42

Funny......all,of a sudden you do seem able to read my postings here......mission accomplished ! :D

I asked earlier in this thread:

- where do we get on the pre-order list

- how long is the listt at the moment so we can have a bit of an idea of how realistic it is that it will be released

- if a cartridge release will not make 400 pre-orders, why not sell the ROM file ?

Those were my questions and they went without any response, but now I seem to have your attention ......

I also didn't ask for any pirated copies, I just would like the bridge the time until I can buy 2 copies from you. I did post that too, but you seem to have missed that as well.

I know it won't happen though, why would anyone who has backed up Zaku give it away to anyone ? I was just trying to get some attention from you, and it worked :)

Edited by Level42

We want as many people to enjoy the game as possible.

Well, if that is true, put it in Public Domain :) LOL......come on, you want to make as much money out of it as possible, which is fine because there was a lot of hard work put in Zaku, that is clear enough and I hope the money you make is enough to trigger you to consider more Lynx releases, so Ithats why I am all for it, that's also why I'd buy two copies.....The more money you make on it, the better. But be honest and straightforward about this......it is not a homebrew, it's a commercial product.

@ Clean Larry,

any chance of letting us know what the cost will be for the game when its released (I have faith we will get enough!!) :-D

Also, can we get an idea of what numbers you have on the waiting list at the moment. Maybe a seperate post on a list?

This is a small community but very close and if we want to get behind something we do.

I'm sure if we put our minds to it we could rustle up alot of orders on this game

• Like 2

You could also just swap PCB - it doesn't need to be curved lip official looking cart. Just speak to Lynxman or design your own PCB, then there's no issue with min 400 orders etc. Seems the most logical answer to me. If you are thinking it's hard to dump the ROM, you're wrong, it has been dumped by several people already, so there's no real benefit of sticking with the curved official looking cart, other than presentation. Moving to a different PCB means you just need 50, 100 people etc.

• Like 3

@ Clean Larry,

any chance of letting us know what the cost will be for the game when its released (I have faith we will get enough!!) :-D

Also, can we get an idea of what numbers you have on the waiting list at the moment. Maybe a seperate post on a list?

This is a small community but very close and if we want to get behind something we do.

I'm sure if we put our minds to it we could rustle up alot of orders on this game

I think a separate pre-order list thread would be a good idea... I'm sure once word gets out there'll be enough interest.

• Like 3

I absolutely agree with everyone else, it's time for a pre order list. I've seen it for other items here and it does make it more clear instead of having conversation mixed in with interested potential buyers. Makes it easier for the seller to gauge the interest. And since you need a certain amount before you start, it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

There's one on eBay for 250 bin right now. I am gonna snatch that up since I don't want to wait.

I would be patient and watch it for a bit. That is a lot of money for one game.

Whilst Zaku is a nice game, the graphics are beautiful and the controls are great, it's only a shoot'em up. In my opinion and note this is only my opinion Zarlor Mercenary is a better shoot'em up.

I've seen lots of high priced Lynx games on eBay drop in price after no one has bought it first time round the auction.

Rgds

BadPricey

• Like 1