IGNORED

Zaku for the Atari Lynx: Official thread

DeathAdderSF

Holy crap! I think I need to make a trip to Cleveland now.

Would you be giving away that copy on Sat?

I'm trying to firgure out how to schedule this in between a 10K run and a Halloween Party.

Also... is the version at the show that you will be giving away any different than the other releases?

I'll be there! I will grab it for you Eric!icon_mrgreen.gif

They wont see me the my Atari Jaguar Camo on!

Holy crap! I think I need to make a trip to Cleveland now.

Would you be giving away that copy on Sat?

I'm trying to firgure out how to schedule this in between a 10K run and a Halloween Party.

Also... is the version at the show that you will be giving away any different than the other releases?

I'll be there! I will grab it for you Eric!icon_mrgreen.gif

They wont see me the my Atari Jaguar Camo on!

Sweet! That will be great! LOL

Nope... not confident at all. LOL

But I was wondering if it was a special cart. If it was a special one-of-one cart... it WOULD have been worth the time and expense to drive 3 hours to Cleveland to TRY to win that.

I had no expectation that I would have really won, but it would have been worth trying for to have a 1-of-1 cart just to say you have it in your collection. Being that it is the same release as the commercial release that is available for order on that same day... there is really no point in even trying to squeeze in that extra trip. But... Like I said... if it was a special cart... than I would have been driving right through Toledo and heading to Cleveland to take my chance at winning a bit of Lynx Gold.

Know what I mean?

First page of thread updated to reflect the release announcement.

We are excited beyond imagination. :)

http://www.zaku-lynx.com/

Thank-you. Never let dreams die!

I am quite exciting about the large sprites in Zaku. The last game that really attracted me was Alpine Games with its beautiful graphics.

The screenshots of Zaku are not "beautiful" in the same sense. I mean they do not have realistic snowfall etc. But they seem to be very cool. This kind of reminds me of certain slapstick characters found in Dick Tracy movies.

Well, soon enough I can see this on my Lynx :)

--

Karri

Orders will begin shipping tomorrow. :thumbsup:

We'd like to thank everyone once again for sharing their positive energies in response to the game and its completion. Lift your Lynxes high, and together, let us deal a devastating blow to the Bran Empire.

zkart00c.jpg

Edited by Clean Larry

and the order has been placed :D man, this feels like waiting for a Christmas present (which I havent had for many years). Those sprites actually remind me of alot of weird japanese arcade games I play on Mame, and this great animation called Kings of Power 4 Billion % >>>

cant wait to play this type of game on the lynx!

Edited by Ninjabba

I just got a shipping notification! I'm over in Europe though, in a country currently enjoying postal strikes. So it could be a while.

When did Europe become a country? :ponder: Did I miss the memo :D

Europe(EU = Europe Union) has an state organisation like USA(Unitet States) without a central president.

So you can definitly compare this.

Only most of the EU hate each other, have different laws, different history, different cultures, different money (in some parts), different living standards and different languages. :D

In fact most British people (a term most of us hate, especially the Scots) don't even consider themselves European :P

Only most of the EU hate each other, have different laws, different history, different cultures, different money (in some parts), different living standards and different languages. :D

In fact most British people (a term most of us hate, especially the Scots) don't even consider themselves European :P

Hate is a strong word. Let's say that I don't see why the British should care of what happens in Finland. At least I could not care the less of how agricultural politics is handled in Scotland. Do they still feed tourists to the Lock Ness monster to keep it alive?

Anyway I did not vote for EU.

--

Karri

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did not vote for EU too. For example the Euro currency is one of the principal case of the economic crisis. Prices are doubled with the Euro currency, but the salaries stay the same. Another problem is the countries that joined the European Union. I don't want to be racist, but orde of delinquents from some countries come & go to the most civilized countries without any kind of frontier or check. In my country the majority of prisoners in jails are foreign.

Hate is a strong word. Let's say that I don't see why the British should care of what happens in Finland. At least I could not care the less of how agricultural politics is handled in Scotland. Do they still feed tourists to the Lock Ness monster to keep it alive?

Anyway I did not vote for EU.

--

Karri

Gosh, inadvertently opened a can of worms here! Sorry for the accidental derail. I appreciate that it wasn't explicitly phrased, but by:

I just got a shipping notification! I'm over in Europe though, in a country currently enjoying postal strikes. So it could be a while.

I meant the clause after the comma to be a more specific elaboration on the clause before the comma rather than a direct continuation of it.

Politically, I'm pro-EU. My feeling is that the Euro gives more power to many governments rather than less; the issue being that once you've established freedom of movement of workers and freedom of establishment, smaller countries next to economically much more significant countries became bound to track the interest rates of the larger countries purely to remain economically viable. With the Euro, those governments at least get some level of input. Furthermore, the US dollar proves that a single currency can work across a diverse range of climates and people, and the Euro has outperformed the US dollar every year since it was introduced. There may be political reasons for that, but I'm sure the Internet has made almost everybody in the world entirely sick of hearing European thoughts on US politics in the years since 1999.

However, I don't deny that there are negative as well as positive effects and don't mean explicitly to contradict earlier posters. I'm just positing an alternative point of view. In any case and I don't suppose here is the correct place to discuss it at length — either this forum or especially this thread.

Again, a millionfold apologies for the accidental derail. When my copy of Zaku arrives (still very excited!), I'll return with a mini-review in the hope of making up for it...