IGNORED

My lastest arcade purchase

atarian63

My lastest game to add to my collection. I have a single version on Sega Virtua Racing but wanted a side by side. Think I'll keep the single and se if it can be added to the twin game for 3 player goodness!Bought it on fleabay for $150. Has excellent monitors!

post-17409-125496943702_thumb.jpg

Edited by atarian63

Ooh, nice! I've spent forever and a day looking for a 1942 cabinet, but everything's too far away. I should move to a more populated area.

Thanks! Yes it can be frustarting. I never find anything in Columbus Ohio, alway cleveland or Akron. 45min is really good. Seems like on ebay all the cool stuff is in California. Stiff prices for freight I'm afraid..

What all do you collect in arcades?

At the moment, nothing :( I did find a really awesome, mint condition vector Red Baron that I would absolutely LOVE to have. :lust:

Mostly I'm just interested in getting the big names from my youth. Perhaps get some of that scratch back I spent on all the games back then! 1942 is top of my list, though, I've probably bought that game 10 times over with all the quarters I've put in it.

At the moment, nothing :( I did find a really awesome, mint condition vector Red Baron that I would absolutely LOVE to have. :lust:

Mostly I'm just interested in getting the big names from my youth. Perhaps get some of that scratch back I spent on all the games back then! 1942 is top of my list, though, I've probably bought that game 10 times over with all the quarters I've put in it.

As a suggestion, if you can find a cheap cabinet locally , a dead machine or just the game board bad. As long as it has a jamma harness you can put in a 48in1 board, has all the pac's,galaga, galaxian and I think 1942. Hooks up to the existing monitor via the jamma harness and it has a vga output so if the cab has a bad monitor just stuff in a cheap tube type vga monitor. The board runs about $65. I have one and it's a really inexpensive way to get started!

• 1 month later...

Thanks! Yes it can be frustarting. I never find anything in Columbus Ohio, alway cleveland or Akron. 45min is really good.

There's been a surprising amount of arcade stuff in akron/canton area lately. Especially considering I used to look for stuff all the time and could never find anything good(ended up settling for a horribly gutted cab I made a MAME out of). Now if you go on akron/canton Craigslist and type in 'arcade' there are quite a few, and for decent prices(on most, some are way overpriced)

Unfortunately right now is not a good time for me to be buying arcade cabs(a space issue primarily and also a money issue)

$150 on eBay? HOLY CRAP! How much is shipping?

It seems easy to pick up this stuff if you live in the USA I live in the UK so there must be quite

a bit of it lying around in Garages etc.It's just a matter of getting out there and looking for it.

A lot of people will let you have it for free just to get rid of it as they don't have space for it.

Sadly a lot of it ends up in the tip.

It seems easy to pick up this stuff if you live in the USA I live in the UK so there must be quite

a bit of it lying around in Garages etc.It's just a matter of getting out there and looking for it.

A lot of people will let you have it for free just to get rid of it as they don't have space for it.

I don't know if you have anything like Craigslist in the UK, but that is where alot of stuff like that ends up here. I have a few machines that I have gotten in this way, some were compltely fine (Space Invaders).

I don't know if you have anything like Craigslist in the UK, but that is where alot of stuff like that ends up here. I have a few machines that I have gotten in this way, some were compltely fine (Space Invaders).

We do have Craigs List in London and Freecycle but the other thing is you would need space for it also in your own place I live in London and my place isn't exactly big but prob could fit in a few standard uprights.If I was going to start a collection it would be Golden era stuff like Space Invaders and Defender.I wouldn't be so interested in the later games or the really large Cabinets but I know some of you guys living in the States have houses that are Huge so you can do it.

Edited by Bountybob

We do have Craigs List in London and Freecycle but the other thing is you would need space for it also in your own place I live in London and my place isn't exactly big but prob could fit in a few standard uprights.If I was going to start a collection it would be Golden era stuff like Space Invaders and Defender.I wouldn't be so interested in the later games or the really large Cabinets but I know some of you guys living in the States have houses that are Huge so you can do it.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Maybe a 60 in one jamma board would do the trick. It has a bunch of classic games and all you need is a broken jamma arcade machine. The board even has vga output so if your used arcade has a bad monitor, just stuff a cheap 19"CRT vga monitor into it and you are all set!

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=177