IGNORED

The Official "Super Expansion Module" Thread

opcode

What a smile , Yurkie! ;)

So Opcode, when do you come on French Retrogaming events?

I have been trying to convince Jean-Michel Jarre to buy me the tickets, but doesn't seem to be into retrogaming as much as he is into retro keyboards. Oh, well, still love his music... :)

Anyway, now that you mentioned, perhaps you guys can buy me the tickets. I always wanted to visit Paris. :)

What a smile , Yurkie! ;)

So Opcode, when do you come on French Retrogaming events?

I have been trying to convince Jean-Michel Jarre to buy me the tickets, but doesn't seem to be into retrogaming as much as he is into retro keyboards. Oh, well, still love his music... :)

Anyway, now that you mentioned, perhaps you guys can buy me the tickets. I always wanted to visit Paris. :)

Heh heh. Why not just come to Adamcon, which is held near Montreal this year? It's about 5 hours away from your house by car, it's got french-speaking people all over the place, but most of the people who will be at Adamcon speak english, so you'll be alright. The only thing missing will be the Eiffel Tower. ;)

Your stand-up poster display is rather funny: You've got some games pictured which are only tentative Opcode projects at this point in time, like Rally-X, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong Jr, Wizard of Wor... It's funny because it seems like you're following into Coleco's footsteps of presenting games that are not yet "guaranteed" to be released, if you know what I mean. ;)

He'll release the Super Game Module at least! ... something that even you and me were not able to do ..... even coleco did not release it. Tentative titles give hope to the fans and its a good thing

I'm sure Eduardo will release much of them, even if it takes some years...

hey! remember Pac-man Collection, Konami's Ping-Pong ? ;)

Oh, I'm sure Eduardo intends to release every title pictured on his flyer, no question about it. :)

It's just that he rarely mentions or discusses Rally-X, and he's always been a bit "on the fence" about Donkey Kong Jr, so that's why I find his flyer a little tongue-in-cheek. :D

Well, exactly half of the games in the flyer are already in some stage of developement. The other half are very, very strong candidates, and you can consider them indicative of what the SGM can do.

Indeed. What's the game next to Penguin Adventure in your flyer, BTW? I can't seem to recognize it. All I see is a red and blue blurr...

BTW, Rally-X is actually in very early stage of developement, though still far from playable. But I have the whole atract mode sequence running. (and I recently got the boxed MSX versions of Rally-X, Dig-Dug and Galaga, so that I have the artwork for future reference, and you know, when we spend that kind of money we are probably being serious...) ;)

Yep, although something tells me you'll be keeping Galaga for the CV2, unless you intend to proove that the TMS9928 can display a respectable version of Galaga. :)

And finally showing tentative stuff as if they were close to release is a tradition started by Coleco and carried over by almost all the ColecoVision homebrews, including yourself and J-F... ;)

In my case, it's more of a to-do list. But yeah, guilty as charged. ;)

BTW, here is something you arean't going to see at Adamcon... pretty girls playing a ColecoVision (and actually having fun). :)

That's it, I'll be hiring some local models and showing them off at Adamcon just to proove you wrong! :P

Well, exactly half of the games in the flyer are already in some stage of developement. The other half are very, very strong candidates, and you can consider them indicative of what the SGM can do.

Indeed. What's the game next to Penguin Adventure in your flyer, BTW? I can't seem to recognize it. All I see is a red and blue blurr...

That is Knightmare II - Maze of Galious.

BTW, here is something you arean't going to see at Adamcon... pretty girls playing a ColecoVision (and actually having fun). :)

That's it, I'll be hiring some local models and showing them off at Adamcon just to proove you wrong! :P

Hehe... Don't forget to ask them to smile. They must look like they are really enjoying the whole thing... ;)

Had a great time at the MGC and it was a pleasure to meet 'Opcode'! Thanks Eduardo for listening to me and answering all of my questions (Glad your wife let you go for the weekend! :P )

Knightmare was COOL - my favorite of upcoming games ... (well DKA was nice also..) - OK so was Goonies (ya I liked Ping Pong too!!!) - send me them all NOW!

The expansion module (although I don't understand A THING ABOUT IT) was neat!!! Great piece of hardware - you are a Coleco GURU! ;)

Only wish that he would have sold me the module and 'proto' games for the HIGH expensive price of $3 each :roll: that I'd offered :lust: :twisted: :roll: - he he.

It would have been great to meet Pixelboy and Retroillucid and other Coleco homebrewers ... but alas I know that is not always possible.

Kinda bummed that I didn't hook up with Jboypacman and Tempest.... missed them here and at the last MCGG meeting - good grief that needs to be fixed soon.

Overall - bought a few things and (hopefully) made some new friends

Thanks to the organizers of the MGC show

Jeff31

Just to prove, I was there...

About the protos, I will put them on eBay in 10 years and make a fortune... :D

Was really nice meeting you there Eduardo. Hope you sold all the games you brought with you.

Guys, you aren't going to believe what happened this morning. I fired up one of my ColecoVisions to test some games and then a couple of seconds into the game the screen froze up and a very weird sound came out. It lasted a few seconds then stopped and the game resumed. Very weird I thought. So I turned the console off and on again, and same thing happened, frozen screen, weird sound, game back again.

I was trying again and again when my wife shown up and said: "what is that sound, sounds like a voice to me". Then I started to pay attention and indeed, it sounded strangely like a robotic voice, though I couldn't clearly understand the words. I kept trying but after about 30 minutes I just gave up, turned the console off and left to work.

I am still puzzled, I want to try again once I get back home later today, but I cannot help but think my ColecoVision was trying to communicate. Perhaps I am just going crazy...

Guys, you aren't going to believe what happened this morning. I fired up one of my ColecoVisions to test some games and then a couple of seconds into the game the screen froze up and a very weird sound came out. It lasted a few seconds then stopped and the game resumed. Very weird I thought. So I turned the console off and on again, and same thing happened, frozen screen, weird sound, game back again.

I was trying again and again when my wife shown up and said: "what is that sound, sounds like a voice to me". Then I started to pay attention and indeed, it sounded strangely like a robotic voice, though I couldn't clearly understand the words. I kept trying but after about 30 minutes I just gave up, turned the console off and left to work.

I am still puzzled, I want to try again once I get back home later today, but I cannot help but think my ColecoVision was trying to communicate. Perhaps I am just going crazy...

So you're telling us you turned your ColecoVision into a speech-driven Ouija board? You'll never cease to amaze me. :D

• Like 1

I knew it, you guys don't believe me... :(

Well, I don't blame you, it is very weird story indeed. In fact something just occurred me, this morning was the first time I tried that ColecoVision after MGC. And I am pretty sure it was working "fine" during the show. Anyway, I will try again when I get home.

And talking about mysteries, my wife just called me saying that someone called about a delivery and wanted to make sure someone would be home to receive it. The guy then said the addressee was someone called Coleco. My wife got really suspicious about the whole thing and said the person she had an appointment somewhere and was running late. The person said he was going to try schedule the delivery again tomorrow. Hmm, now that is a very strange story. What could it be?

And talking about mysteries, my wife just called me saying that someone called about a delivery and wanted to make sure someone would be home to receive it. The guy then said the addressee was someone called Coleco. My wife got really suspicious about the whole thing and said the person she had an appointment somewhere and was running late. The person said he was going to try schedule the delivery again tomorrow. Hmm, now that is a very strange story. What could it be?

You don't happen to be working on a new Space Fury now are you? :)

Edited by Loafer

Could it be related to Coleco Holdings LLC? Isn't that a branch of River West Brands?

Ok, I fired up my ColecoVision again, played for a couple of hours but nothing unusual happened, no funny sounds/voices. All games played normally.

Then, suddenly, the creepiest thing happened while I was testing Goonies a while ago: the screen went black a message appeared on screen. It displayed for a while and the game resumed. I am pretty sure the message isn't in the program as I programmed the game. I kept playing and the message seems to reappear every 5 minutes or so. I took a picture.

Now I have no idea what that means, really really creepy. I am thinking of taking all this Coleco stuff out of my house...

post-1432-127017554411_thumb.jpg