IGNORED

is there somthng wrong here?

Tr3vor

when i pop in my Yars' Revenge game into my atari 2600 and start a game, it appears that there is a block missing in the quotile's sheild.

is this common for yars' revenge games, is there something wrong with my atari, or is it something wrong with my game?

edit: all of my other game work fine on my atari.

Edited by Tr3vor

Maybe you could post a shot of the screen?

here you go.

Distinctively Different...

Picture appears to have a block missing...Is this a hoax? That picture was taken on January 8th, 2002?

Have we seen this picture before? If only time would allow us to travel back in time and check the pics that were scanned into the matrix, then caled the internet on any given day during that time frame...

I would say it appears that a block has been shot and then not replaced, although I do not see a space ship...is this an april fools joke or does this happen everytime? And is your camera set on the wrong date?

Good luck this is odd...or is it?

Edited by Christopher T Leach

Distinctively Different...

Picture appears to have a block missing...Is this a hoax? That picture was taken on January 8th, 2002?

His camera probably isn't set with the time.

Yeah I forget to set the date in mine all the time. I will check my Yar's Revenge tonight when I get home as well.

-Disjaukifa

Interesting icon_ponder.gif It must be bit rot.

whats that?

According to Wikipedia.com:

Bit rot, also known as bit decay, data rot, or data decay, is a colloquial computing term used either to describe gradual decay of storage media or to facetiously describe the spontaneous degradation of a software program over time.

So wierd just one dot? If you shoot it do u get points for it going aay like normal Yars?

whats that?

Bit rot, also known as bit decay, data rot, or data decay, is a colloquial computing term used either to describe gradual decay of storage media or to facetiously describe the spontaneous degradation of a software program over time.

So wierd just one dot? If you shoot it do u get points for it going aay like normal Yars?

i dont know. i dont really get that percice, like shoot that one block and die to see my score.

whats that?

i dont know. i dont really get that percice, like shoot that one block and die to see my score.

Let's see it, Im curious.....maybe a before and after....!

whats that?

Let's see it, Im curious.....maybe a before and after....!

my bullet went right through the block and i did not score anything.

That looks very similar to a problem I had a few years ago, except I would have stray blocks appear in certain games (Specifically, Hangman and Outlaw.) In my case, it turned out that the RIOT chip in my console was bad. Once I replaced the chip, the problem went away. Check out the link to my thread about it and check out post #26 for pics. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/95096-strange-graphic-w-hangman/page__hl__Hangman__st__25

I'm not saying this is the problem you're having, but it's possible, I suppose. Hope this helps.