IGNORED

Anyone here into piano and video games both?

shadow460

This theme seems a bit different at first, but once the music picks up, this version is very accurate. I'd like to see him play this on his piano for 2 hours and handle Ruby WEAPON without Knights of the Round or a rubber band!

When I play FF7, Emerald WEAPON is the longest battle I actually play (I simply set up the battle with Ruby and let it run with a rubber band for two hours until he dies). The music is the best part of the battle with Emerald WEAPON, IMO, although the high challenge makes it a lot of fun, too. And I gotta play it with at least 10 materia on each character, making Aire Tam Storm do 10,000 points or more of damage and forcing the use of a Final Attack + Phoenix combo and MP draining combos.

I am good enough with a keyboard to play some themes myself, such as the theme played in the Calm Lands in FFX-2, and the music Emperor: Battle for Dune plays during its install. I've worked with the intro music for the Final Fantasy Legend III also, and IMO it's more complex than the first two.

He's got other videos, too. Check them out!

I used to be into piano, but I quit in 4th grade. I only really mastered the SMB theme. I probably couldn't play it now though. I've been doing guitar lessons for 3 years now, but I've never attempted any theme. I'll have to try one this afternoon :)

I started a thread on AtariAge about 6 weeks ago looking for Piano / MIDI Keyboard Games. As a piano player and keyboard artist, I enjoyed one arcade game in particular called KeyboardHeaven that I also wished had been ported to a console with the ability to use a real keyboard as the controller.

I also have printed out sheet music for some of the Zelda and Mario themes and enjoyed playing them at home. The kids really get a kick out of it also.

I started a thread on AtariAge about 6 weeks ago looking for Piano / MIDI Keyboard Games. As a piano player and keyboard artist, I enjoyed one arcade game in particular called KeyboardHeaven that I also wished had been ported to a console with the ability to use a real keyboard as the controller.

I also have printed out sheet music for some of the Zelda and Mario themes and enjoyed playing them at home. The kids really get a kick out of it also.

You might also like Konami's Keyboard Mania. Think DDR/BeatMania with a keyboard.

With the home PS2 version, you can hook its USB keyboard into your pc and use it as a midi controller.

Hey, you're welcome, and nice to see you here! As someone who's recorded a few NES/SNES covers myself, I really appreciate your attentiveness to detail in your transcriptions, as well as the fact that your playing is both accurate and sensitive.

Do you use a real instrument, software synths, or both? The Metroid recording sounds a bit like the Garritan Personal Orchestra grand piano, which is a pretty nice one.

Hey, you're welcome, and nice to see you here! As someone who's recorded a few NES/SNES covers myself, I really appreciate your attentiveness to detail in your transcriptions, as well as the fact that your playing is both accurate and sensitive.

Do you use a real instrument, software synths, or both? The Metroid recording sounds a bit like the Garritan Personal Orchestra grand piano, which is a pretty nice one.

The Mystic Awakening tracks are digital, done on this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7vFHZ6zmgc

All the rest are real piano. The Metroid ones were done at the concert hall of my university.

vhall.jpg

Edited by kareshi

I'll take that Steinway and play Shining the Holy Ark's battle theme on it. :D

Tough song, almost as tough as some Christmas music I've learned. My hands were hurting after half an hour and I still am not playing it at the full speed--yet.

I also messed with the intro theme for The Final Fantasy Legend III. That one is on an odd scale, but it's not hard to learn. I'm figuring out that when I'm trying to learn video game music, I have to temporarily forget almost everything I have learned in music lessons, 'cause the lessons are all about traditional American music and theory. I'd wager that many of the people who wrote this stuff didn't take those lessons--they just played the music.