IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2010

Retro Rogue

Well I just heard about this event recently and am planning on going (might make reservations after the new year). Unfortunately I've yet to convince anyone to go with. So hopefully by then I will maybe make some pals around here to meet up with so I'm not in Wisconsin all alone lol.

Well I just heard about this event recently and am planning on going (might make reservations after the new year). Unfortunately I've yet to convince anyone to go with. So hopefully by then I will maybe make some pals around here to meet up with so I'm not in Wisconsin all alone lol.

If you're on the AA boards and coming to the MGC, you're never alone. There's always a community of people there, plenty of after parties, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Museum to Return in 2010

The Classic Gaming and Computing Museum returns in 2010, with a whole wing of the convention hall dedicated to presenting the most comprehensive console and computer chronicle in the world!

Tetris Tournament Returns

The popular Tetris tournament is returning to the Midwest Gaming Classic in 2010, inviting you to see if you can fit pieces better than anyone else!

Pinball Tournament to offer IFPA Tournament Spots

Want to qualify to play in the biggest tournament in the world? You'll have your chance by playing well in the 2010 Midwest Pinball Championship!

• 2 weeks later...

Super Mario Bros. Speed Run Tourney Announced

How quickly can you beat level 1-1 of the original Super Mario Brothers with the parameters we lay out? Find out how you stack up at the MGC!

Underdog Chamber set to Return

One of the most popular displays for the past five years, the Underdog Chamber, is set to return for a sixth year!

Stern Pinball Sponsors the MGC!

The Midwest Gaming Classic is proud to announce the return of long-time sponsor, Stern Pinball, Inc!

AA members attending should have badges of some kind - to identify. Be nice to bump into all y'all (or not) - LOL!

Also, Wow... Gary must REALLY be hurting to sponsor MGC, DOH! lol Being closer to civilization (milwaukee vs. bumblefuck) must have helped in that persuasion.

One last thought... be kinda cool if you guys could coerce someone of REAL entertainment value, worth the price of admission, such as ''The Angry Video Game Nerd' to make a cameo, rant and review(s)... :lol:

Always love when Al represents too of course and shootin' the shite with Sean Kelly :)

Edited by save2600

AA members attending should have badges of some kind - to identify. Be nice to bump into all y'all (or not) - LOL!

We do.

Also, Wow... Gary must REALLY be hurting to sponsor MGC, DOH! lol Being closer to civilization (milwaukee vs. bumblefuck) must have helped in that persuasion.

They, and the rest of the pinball community and dealers, have supported us for years now. Not sure what you're trying to portray it as.

One last thought... be kinda cool if you guys could coerce someone of REAL entertainment value, worth the price of admission, such as ''The Angry Video Game Nerd' to make a cameo, rant and review(s)... :lol:

I don't care for him, but regardless we have plenty of entertainment value. At least the large crowds this past year thought so.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my tickets just now. Will be there at the Benheck booth with video mods for the 2600 and 7800 to sell. I should have a working 5200 prototype there as well. You can bring your Atari by for modding and save on the shipping fees! Also I am going to have lots of wooden guitar hero guitar faceplates and some random junk. Going to be a good time!

This week is Pinball Week!

The Midwest Gaming Classic is set to announce over 20 different pinball announcements in the next six days!

Pinball Mini-Tournament Announced - Orbitor 1

Want to test your skills on one of the wackiest pinball machines ever made? Try your hand on Orbitor 1, perhaps the strangest pinball machine ever made!

Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball to be Screened

Tilt: The Battle to Save Pinball, Greg Maletic's incredible pinball documentary, returns to be screened at the Midwest Gaming Classic in 2010.

Borygard's Board Repair and Parts to Return

Rob Anthony of Pinball Classics will be on hand to make those broken, non-working or partially functioning boards from your favorite pin games whole again, or to provide you with parts to make your favorite games even better!

Glitch Gaming Apparel Joins the MGC!

The Midwest Gaming Classic is proud to announce Glitch Gaming Apparel as a new vendor for the 2010 show!

Edited by wgungfu

Pinball Designer Dennis Nordman to Speak

Dennis Nordman, the man behind games like Pirates of the Caribbean and Elvira's Scared Stiff will be on had at this year's Midwest Gaming Classic to talk about the design and creation of his games!

NBA Fastbreak Head-to-Head Tourney Announced

The Bally title NBA Fastbreak was notable for having a link feature, but it is rare that you ever found them linked to play... but at this year's show, you'll be able to compete against someone else to find out who is better!

PinGameJournal Returns as Sponsor

The premier pinball publication in the world will be on hand to show people what the PinGame Journal is all about and take subscriptions!

IFPA Heads to Talk Tournaments

Ever wanted to learn more about playing pinball competitively? Three of the people in charge of the International Flipper Pinball Association (IFPA) will be doing a presentation at the event to cover just that topic!

Machine After Party Announced

Bring an arcade machine to the event and you'll get exclusive entry into a party Saturday night to thank you for your help making the Midwest Gaming Classic great!

GameWorks Schaumburg returns as Sponsor

If you want to play games at one of the best locations in the US or participate in their awesome pinball tournaments, you won't want to miss GameWorks in Schaumburg, IL!

Machine Rewards Announced

Bring an arcade video or pinball machine to sell or show and get rewarded for your effort with tickets, cash, money for the show, and more!

• 2 weeks later...

Each year it's getting more overcrowded with n00bs and ticket prices keep rising. I'm really not sure if it's worth my time this year....

What are you talking about? Last year was the first year we had increased it since 2006. And that was even only for one of the days. Same with this year, Sunday is still just $10. The only reason for the increase this year is because of the move to the new location and even more space - 30,000 sq feet. I'm also not sure what you mean by "n00bs", this is a show open to the general public (the casual gamers). These local "n00bs" are our market - they're the ones that come every year and fill the show supporting it. Being elitist would simply mean no show or something still stuck in the Boyscout center basement.

Edited by wgungfu

Each year it's getting more overcrowded with n00bs and ticket prices keep rising. I'm really not sure if it's worth my time this year....

n00bs? I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to mean. Are you suggesting that the show should cater to only hardcore collector?

Speaking of n00bs, who are you? :?

Tempest

Speaking of boobs, I just love it when parents drop their kids off at the MWGC to have a full days worth of beating on everyone's arcade machines for the price of admission ;) Cheapest and most entertaining day care center in the world. Ahh, the hazards of dealing with the genital pubic. lol

Ah I didn't realize they moved this year! By n00bs I mean little children who have never heard of an Atari 2600. It's really annoying trying to push through a bunch of 10 year old kids to get something from a vendor.

I'm sorry, but knowing what an Atari 2600 is, is not a prerequisite for the show. We are not a "retro gaming" event, we're a retro to present event. We specifically cover everything from past to present, giving equal time to current gen as we do to the 2600 or NES. That's reflected in our vendors, our events, and our show's title - the "Classic" in Midwest Gaming Classic refers to everything being a classic to somebody.

If I go on Sunday will I miss out on any good events?

Of course, we only keep the crappy events for Sunday. :roll:

There's great stuff on both days, if you're afraid you'll miss something specific you want to see then check the site to see updates on the different events. It's constantly being updated at this point.

Speaking of boobs, I just love it when parents drop their kids off at the MWGC to have a full days worth of beating on everyone's arcade machines for the price of admission ;) Cheapest and most entertaining day care center in the world. Ahh, the hazards of dealing with the genital pubic. lol

Actually, we have a firm policy that does not allow that. As it states on our ticket page - "Adult must be present for children to enter the show." If the adults let their kids roam around, that's entirely up to them. But the adult must still be there.

LOL...you should come by my space, The Family Game Room. I should be earning wages for babysitting! But then again, my own boys help me run the exhibition space and they enjoy the gaming friends.

My brother is interested in going to the MGC this year, which will give me a nice excuse to go. I haven't been since 2002.

I think a one day ticket is $20, while advance tickets for both days are only $25. But, if we stay both days, we'll have to get a room.

Look, I'm a cheap bastard. Can anyone give me the reasons why I would need to pony up for a hotel room and stay both days? Or is one day enough if you're thrifty, like me?

I'm looking for an excuse...

Sunday is generally a slow day and many of the smaller vendors either leave early or don't show up on Sunday. It's not a crime if you miss it.

Tempest

Actually, the last two years we've had to actually kick people out of the vending area at close on Sunday because it was still busy. Same with the museum/event area - in years past I started packing up around 3. The last two years we've had a lot of people staying in there right up until close.

And this year's Sunday is different. We're doing Sunday as "family day" and pushing a lot of different events and competitions that will not be on Saturday.

Edited by wgungfu