IGNORED

Price Check: Colecovision & 60 Games

Cebus Capucinis

I found someone trying to sell a ColecoVision system + 60 games. Attached is the photo. The only information I have is:

A) It is a working ColecoVision system

B) It has 60 games, all different titles.

I don't know the rarities of any of them or any other information. It looks like it has the 2600 adapter but I know seriously nothing about a colecovision!

The individual is taking offers. What would a good offer be for this lot? I have no idea what to offer but am interested.

Here's the picture of it:

post-24585-125704255108_thumb.jpg

I'd say $100 but I'm no expert on Coleco prices.

That's what I was thinking at first. I can always lowball it at that point, I guess.

I will say that the ad was posted the first time and the people had looked on ePay for prices and estimated it at $260, so I think they're probably highballing it a TON. However it does say "want it gone ASAP"....maybe lowball and wait for 'em to get desperate.

If it were 60 Colecovision games, I'd say $100 is low, but most of them are 2600 games.

Your eyes are infintely better than my own then, CPU, because I can't make friggin' anything out of that picture. Well that certainly lowers the offer quite a bit. :D

I should say that I have not communicated with the seller as of yet aside from a simple e-mail asking if they still had the system. If they do, I will be asking for a potential list of games and then kindly informing them that those are Atari 2600 games, not Colecovision games, and then the haggling shall begin.

Edited by CebusCapucinis

When you see a 2600 adapter and a pile of carts, most of them will be 2600. If you had 60 different CV carts, $100 would be a deal. There are only about 30 commons for the system, so 30 titles would have to have been good. If there were a few gems in the lot, even with 2600, I'd consider $100. But without the anchor of a few 6's or 7's, it's more like a $50 set in the wild. I can see myself splurging at a flea market on a set like this for $75. But I'd walk at $100 if there was nothing special in the lot.

Edited by ianoid

unless there is something special in their I'd say 100 is tops as well

I only see about 5 coleco published colecovision games, and maybe a few parker bros colecovision games

most are atari games and nothing seems patently unusuals mostly activision and earlier atari games, granted that leaves a near zero chance of something good from atari, but I wouldn't bet on it

the only other obvious ones are the 2 m network games, and none of them are particular pricey

their might be an imagic or data age game or 2

the only game that might be something is the cart on the top left, it looks bigger than everything else so I'd say it might be a xonox single ender.

is that stack of nes carts included?

anyway try to get a better picture

Edited by masschamber

Okay, after asking for a listing here's what I got:

Nintendo Games:

Spy Hunter

Zelda II Adventures of Link

Dr. Mario

Super Mario Bro.

Track & Field

Blaster Master

Bigfoot

Skate or Die

Coleco Vision Games

Asteroids Target Fun

Midnight Magic Cosmic Ark

Missile Command International Soccer

Q-Bert Tron Deadly Disc.

Laser Blast Code Breaker

Zaxxon Carnival

Combat Indy 500

Hunt & Score Demonds to Diamonds

Grand Prix E.T.

Kaboom Bugs

Black Jack Night Driver

Circus Space Invaders

Defender Star Wars

Berzerk Donkey Kong (2 each)

Illusions Mash

Antarctic Adventure Frogger

Ms. Pac Man Bowling

Demon Attack Video Chess

Slot Racers Super Breakout

Vanguard Video Olympics

Krull Amidar

Surround Dodge-em

Crystal Castles Oink

Mega Mania Street Racer

Pac Man Sword Quest

Jr. Pac Man Jungle Hunt

Galaxian Dragster

Mouse Trap Flag Capture

Gorf Basket Ball

Boxing Black Jack / Poker

Stampede

Maze Craze

Absolutely nothing in there that's really worth much. I don't even see a single title for CV that wasn't also a 2600 port, and for the record the NES games were thrown in at the beginning of the sale. The seller has now stated that it's worth $280, so now $20 more than the original quote, which was already off-base.

I think I'll be passing on this one. I think I've run into a seller who has absolutely no idea what the system is or has with it and has placed a much higher value on it than it's worth, and I'll just have to deal with bargaining by trying to convince someone it's worth less than it is, which almost never works.

Okay, after asking for a listing here's what I got:

Coleco Vision Games

Asteroids Target Fun

Midnight Magic Cosmic Ark

Missile Command International Soccer

Q-Bert Tron Deadly Disc.

Laser Blast Code Breaker

Zaxxon Carnival

Combat Indy 500

Hunt & Score Demonds to Diamonds

Grand Prix E.T.

Kaboom Bugs

Black Jack Night Driver

Circus Space Invaders

Defender Star Wars

Berzerk Donkey Kong (2 each)

Illusions Mash

Antarctic Adventure Frogger

Ms. Pac Man Bowling

Demon Attack Video Chess

Slot Racers Super Breakout

Vanguard Video Olympics

Krull Amidar

Surround Dodge-em

Crystal Castles Oink

Mega Mania Street Racer

Pac Man Sword Quest

Jr. Pac Man Jungle Hunt

Galaxian Dragster

Mouse Trap Flag Capture

Gorf Basket Ball

Boxing Black Jack / Poker

Stampede

Maze Craze

Those are the rarest "Coleco Vision" games ever...

Haha! Exactly, that's why I'm passing on this bargain. Seems like it would just be a gigantic argument with no conclusion, and it will just be a person with an unsold CV and a pile of common 2600 carts because they refuse to lower the price to anything reasonable.