IGNORED

Dark Chambers Maps

Mord

I can't say I noticed it when I'd play it normally, but it would seem that the monster generators (blue potions and skulls etc) are a bit random. Their position stays the same between games but what was a skull in one game might be a potion in another. On the other hand, monster positions seem to vary somewhat. For instance in some games in level A, in the locked exit room, sometimes there'd be one monster, other times two!

What I'm trying to say is... what's on the map might not be 100% accurate with what you encounter! ;)

post-4460-125707446584_thumb.png

• Like 2

Nice map. :)

Are you planning on doing all 26 levels and which difficulty is this map from?

Mitch

I'll likely do them all with time, pacing myself to try to do one a week just so I don't go ignoring my other projects. ;)

The difficulty is Standard. Just checked out the Advanced and even the exits seem to switch around on there! I'll probably just stick to the Standard difficulty since it seems the only thing you can really count on to stay constant are the walls! :D

I'm not 100% sure, but I was thinking that on advanced each level has two possible exits that are randomly chosen.

I did a little quick testing with level one on advanced and that seems to be the case. :) I'll just keep on with standard, if anyone else wants to modify them with advanced related info like that, by all means go ahead and post the results!

Anyway, next level!

post-4460-125771833271_thumb.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And level D. A week late for this one since I got sidetracked and absorbed with trying to see how sprites for some games would look on the 7800. (Which is why I was looking for the 7800 palette last week!)

Depending on how work and other things go over the week, I'll attempt to get level E out before next weekend to put me back on track. :)

post-4460-125946505449_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks for these. Got the game a few days ago, and am "planning" a full day play session of it. These maps will speed up my progress to the good levels. :D

So long as someone finds them useful, their purpose is served! :D

I've gotten a bunch more done so may post to get myself ahead at this point. I'm going to be busy all Saturday after I wake up but I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible doing these up on Sunday.

And here's map G. :)

post-4460-126000139129_thumb.png

• Like 2

The levels look really small when you see them completed. I never noticed that when playing the game though. I wonder why they made them so small?

Tempest

That's probably just a space issue on the cartridge since map data can quickly start eating up space like nobody's business.

Also while I'm thinking about it, here's maps C and E again. While looking over them I noticed I left off the start position of the player in C and the "level E" in the corner was off a bit. Neither are critical errors but here are some corrections anyway. :)

post-4460-126126458355_thumb.png

post-4460-126126459142_thumb.png

• Like 1