IGNORED

I know lets make a FORTRAN Programming Cartridge

trucker_monkey

So I am wondering, what are some of the worst Homebrew Ideas that have ever been suggested.

The worst thing I could think of is to resurrect the Basic Programming idea originally done by Atari, but to pick another more ideosyncratic language. Although I guess it could have been worse I've dabbled into older versions of COBOL and find them to be even worse.

So what is the worst idea you've heard or seen on the forums?

So I am wondering, what are some of the worst Homebrew Ideas that have ever been suggested.

The worst thing I could think of is to resurrect the Basic Programming idea originally done by Atari, but to pick another more ideosyncratic language. Although I guess it could have been worse I've dabbled into older versions of COBOL and find them to be even worse.

So what is the worst idea you've heard or seen on the forums?

If you're trying to hit rock bottom, picking an existing language defeats the purpose. After all, someone might learn something that they can take on to other things!

Make up a new language from scratch instead! ;)

I've always wanted a super-detailed realtime simulation of drying paint.

Ooh yeah! Or a VCS screensaver that is grass growing, and occasionally a guy with a lawnmower comes out and cuts it. Actually that would be a really hilarious homebrew and I hope someone does it -- "Ever thought something was as fun as watching the grass grow? Well you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!"

Ooh yeah! Or a VCS screensaver that is grass growing, and occasionally a guy with a lawnmower comes out and cuts it. Actually that would be a really hilarious homebrew and I hope someone does it -- "Ever thought something was as fun as watching the grass grow? Well you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet!"

Actually, Hover Bovver might make a fun 2600 port! :)

Actually, Hover Bovver might make a fun 2600 port! :)

We need a full range of ports for all of our lawnmowing fantasies! I mean, come on, it's winter in the USA, and we can't mow our lawns right now due to the grass not growing! I'm honestly upset by this, for there are no lawn mowing simulations that can give me the pleasure of mowing a lawn!

(I downloaded a C64 emulator and got the disk image for Hover Bovver, that game is frickin' hilarious, love it, now I have to get lawn simulator for the speccy, DAMN!)

I like it, green grass for summer, leaves for fall, snow for winter, green grass with dandelions for spring.

We could even make it a multi-cart by adding in an Atari version of the television fireplace (press a button and a poker stokes the fire).

LOL! A Yule log program would be a great addition to a holiday cart!

Yeah! Someone should do this for a holiday cart. The yule log simulator! There could even be stockings hung on the mantle on the screen. :D

Someone should honestly make a screen saver multi-cart with all of these. A guy mowing lawns, paint drying or wallpaper being applied, a fireplace, and a GOLDFISH BOWL!

Think of it! They could all be interactive. Pushing the fire button makes the guy mow the lawn. Pushing the fire button makes the painter apply a new coat. As said before, pushing the fire button could make the poker poke the log to make the flames get a little bigger, and with the goldfish bowl, pressing the fire button would make a hand drop a pellet of fish food for the fish!

Yeah! Someone should do this for a holiday cart. The yule log simulator! There could even be stockings hung on the mantle on the screen. :D

Someone should honestly make a screen saver multi-cart with all of these. A guy mowing lawns, paint drying or wallpaper being applied, a fireplace, and a GOLDFISH BOWL!

Think of it! They could all be interactive. Pushing the fire button makes the guy mow the lawn. Pushing the fire button makes the painter apply a new coat. As said before, pushing the fire button could make the poker poke the log to make the flames get a little bigger, and with the goldfish bowl, pressing the fire button would make a hand drop a pellet of fish food for the fish!

If I ever get around to installing Batari BASIC on my new laptop I should mess with some of these... of course I still have a Whack-A-Mole game that I need to finish too... :ponder:

I like it, green grass for summer, leaves for fall, snow for winter, green grass with dandelions for spring.

We could even make it a multi-cart by adding in an Atari version of the television fireplace (press a button and a poker stokes the fire).

Stella's Stocking's menu screen is already like that. The music driver is so awesome on that thing. Pitfall II eat your heart out.

Edited by mos6507

Stella's Stocking's menu screen is already like that. The music driver is so awesome on that thing. Pitfall II eat your heart out.

Well, I'll be... that sure saves a lot of work! That looks great and the music IS awesome! :)