IGNORED

Adam Printer Jammed

AllYourBase

I've searched AtariAge, DigitPress, and the rest of the internet, and I can't seem to find any information on this.

I just powered up my recently purchased Coleco Adam for the first time. When I powered it on, the part that moves on the printer (I don't know what it's called) slid all the way to the left and started jamming and clicking. Now, every time I power on the computer, the "part that moves" tries to slide, jams and clicks, and makes a pretty terrible noise. I'm afraid to plug in the keyboard until I get this printer issue fixed.

What is up with my printer? How can I resolve this issue?

Do you by chance have the manuals for the ADAM. There may be a troubleshooting guide in there if you do. I've never seen this problem myself, so I'm not sure what the problem could be.

It turns out that I was just kind of overreacting - it was just the normal noises the printer makes when starting up. The printer works perfectly, I just wrote some stuff on a piece of paper- there's even still ink in the machine!

However, I just realized that I can't turn the "Platen knob" that feeds the paper into the machine. Why would this be? It kind of sucks having to feed the paper in by hand before I start writing.

Edited by AllYourBase

The thread for the Daisy Wheel in my Adam Printer got all gnarled and snapped, so I now have manually slide the printer arm right and then back left for it to properly boot until I can get that fixed, which probably wont be for a while..

That's harsh... does the Platen Knob on the right-hand side of your printer turn freely when you try to spin it? I'm wondering if it is supposed to spin at all... It's strange that my platen knob won't turn, but the paper feeds through when I press Enter on the keyboard.