IGNORED

Favorite classic talking arcade game?

opcode

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite classic talking arcade game?

• Berzerk
    • Wizard of Wor
    • Gorf
    • Bosconian
    • Sinistar
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I really love Wizard of Wor, but the props here belong to Berzerk easily. Incredible for the time (major nod for one of the first talkies) and unlike many other games, the "voiceovers" are relevant and perfectly suited to the game.

Edited by save2600

Has anyone ever ported Sinistar to a console yet?

Yup, many times in collections at least.

Sinistar was not widely ported near the time of its release. A port for the Atari 2600 was completed but unreleased due to the video game crash of 1983. It was commercially available in the mid-1990s as part of Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits for the Super NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation, and PC. (On the PC, the collection's title was Williams Arcade Classics, and there were separate versions for DOS and Windows.) It is also available as part of Williams Arcade Classics for the Tiger Game.com, Midway Arcade Treasures, which was released for the Xbox, GameCube and PS2 in 2003, and for the PC in 2004, and part of Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play for the PlayStation Portable, in late 2005.

icon_smile.gif

Has anyone ever ported Sinistar to a console yet?

Yup, many times in collections at least.

Sinistar was not widely ported near the time of its release. A port for the Atari 2600 was completed but unreleased due to the video game crash of 1983. It was commercially available in the mid-1990s as part of Williams Arcade's Greatest Hits for the Super NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PlayStation, and PC. (On the PC, the collection's title was Williams Arcade Classics, and there were separate versions for DOS and Windows.) It is also available as part of Williams Arcade Classics for the Tiger Game.com, Midway Arcade Treasures, which was released for the Xbox, GameCube and PS2 in 2003, and for the PC in 2004, and part of Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play for the PlayStation Portable, in late 2005.

icon_smile.gif

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. An arcade perfect port. I actually have that Game.com version, but I am betting it sucks, so I think I'll pick up the Saturn port. :)

I had to think about it.. but it has to be Crazy Climber. And no not the U.S. version that say "Go for it". I mean the jap version that says "BAMBALA" (or something like that) :lol:

It just left such a vivid memory with me when I was a kid since it just sounded so odd, especially when he fell down and said "NYAOOOO" (the u.s. version says "oh nooo" :thumbsdown: ). But yeah, I guess that's my favorite :D