IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

My iTunes is messed up. It hasn't downloaded anything new since the 24th, but when I added Flack's new cast, it added those episodes.

It also then went backwards by re-downloading & showing me as fresh, 2 episodes that I listened to several months ago.

Get it together, iTunes. You had one job.

I think it was all kinds of fubar yesterday. Nothing updated for me for about 6 hours then magically many updates came flying through.

I think it was all kinds of fubar yesterday. Nothing updated for me for about 6 hours then magically many updates came flying through.

This morning(just before leaving for work), I got an avalanche of updates. The media circus came back to town!

The news segment in Episode 100 of Retro-Gaming Round-Up is worth listening to, especially if you remember the Retro-Gaming Radio windbag (or if you're aware of the claims he's made, such as his invention of podcasting, MP3 encoding, digital audio/video, movie-rental vending machines, etc.). The news starts at 4:36. Give it a few minutes; once they start talking about his claims, and playing excerpts from his latest episode, the comedy starts. I think the guy's current show is called Passenger-Seat Radio. They make the whole news segment extremely funny; their sardonic humor about his assertion that he's the "elder statesman" of podcasting reminds me of Round-Up episodes from a few years back.

The news segment in Episode 100 of Retro-Gaming Round-Up is worth listening to, especially if you remember the Retro-Gaming Radio windbag (or if you're aware of the claims he's made, such as his invention of podcasting, MP3 encoding, digital audio/video, movie-rental vending machines, etc.). The news starts at 4:36. Give it a few minutes; once they start talking about his claims, and playing excerpts from his latest episode, the comedy starts. I think the guy's current show is called Passenger-Seat Radio. They make the whole news segment extremely funny; their sardonic humor about his assertion that he's the "elder statesman" of podcasting reminds me of Round-Up episodes from a few years back.

Geez, I tried listening to the latest episode of Shane Monroe's latest gift to the world, Passenger Seat Radio. He started out by recounting the tale of the time he shit his pants in the car. It went downhill from there, a total shartfest.

Shane Monroe does seem to be a bit of a "character," but I really liked Retro Gaming Radio.

What's funny is now some of his modern gaming segments, ie Game Boy Advance, are so years old, it's now considered retro. Heh. I just remember his rather long rant about a flashing screen color change in one port of Dragon's Lair, and it felt like some guy on talk radio going on & on about how he's going to sue the US government, tin foil hat, etc.

Hope it didnt turn into a barrroom brawl!

S1500: "Hey, I used to listen to your podcast, but I dont care for it anymore & neither do a lot of people."

JP: "Well, we do what we can with what we have. We still have a solid listener base."

S1500: "You mean all those people whose money you're stealing."

JP: "We dont steal it. They donate it & get special perks in return."

S1500: "Like podcast "minisodes" that take longer to load than to listen to?"

JP: "Listen, I've had just about enough of you."

S1500: " HOW DARE YOU STEAL FROM INNOCENT LISTENERS!!!"

JP: "WHY YOU...!!!"

(advances on S1500, who blocks the attack, fistfight commences)

Bob Mackie: "Everywhere we go..." (sighs)

• Like 1

I now know how to podcast correctly. How? Be completely drunk ahead of time. No more social anxiety retakes, or worrying about show notes. Just a stream of drunk consciousness. Boom, 14 minutes recorded right there!

When I first started podcasting, I couldn't get on the mic without having a shot of whiskey beforehand and drinking a beer (or two) while recording. Not necessarily while recording by myself, but on pretty much every show I recorded with someone else, I was (at a minimum) buzzed. I think this culminated in the Throwback Reviews "drunkcast" experiment with Sean and Ferg that (hopefully) will never see the light of day. I don't remember how bad that recording got but I do know I woke up the next morning upstairs face first on my futon. I still have a beer occasionally while recording but it has less to do about calming nerves and more with the fact that I like drinking beer.

• Like 3

When I first started podcasting, I couldn't get on the mic without having a shot of whiskey beforehand and drinking a beer (or two) while recording. Not necessarily while recording by myself, but on pretty much every show I recorded with someone else, I was (at a minimum) buzzed. I think this culminated in the Throwback Reviews "drunkcast" experiment with Sean and Ferg that (hopefully) will never see the light of day. I don't remember how bad that recording got but I do know I woke up the next morning upstairs face first on my futon. I still have a beer occasionally while recording but it has less to do about calming nerves and more with the fact that I like drinking beer.

I like to enjoy a beer or two while recording, but it has never gotten to the 'drunk cast' level on any podcast I've been on. But then that's true for me in general - having the propensity for bad hangovers after only a few drinks. I've pretty much curtailed 'over doing it' since my late 20s.

I'd love to hear that lost episode some time. But I can't imagine Ferg was 3 sheets to the wind. As far as I know he doesn't drink.

Sent from my Intellivision ECS using Intelli-Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd love to hear that lost episode some time. But I can't imagine Ferg was 3 sheets to the wind. As far as I know he doesn't drink.

Ooh yeah, I should clarify that -- I believe Ferg was the steady anchor attached to our drunken ship. Our idea was to overdo it on the booze and then invite guests on to a Google chat. It was as disorganized and rowdy as it sounds (or so I'm told). Sometimes show ideas work and sometimes they cause you to lose your tacos in a trash can the following morning. This was definitely an example of the latter, at least for me.

• Like 2

Wow, I totally forgot about that! I don't like beer; I like mixed drinks but I'm too lazy to make them at home and too cheap to buy them out. Plus, a little goes a LONG way with me. I usually will have a shot of something in my coffee (I have a lot of those tiny 1 dollar bottles for this purpose), and of course I use it a lot in cooking and baking. I think I had an extra shot in my coffee when we did this podcast. Drunk or not, I love talking with Rob and Sean. :)

• Like 1

Once in a great while, I'll have a bourbon, but almost always when I'm drinking during a podcast, it's a large unsweetened Iced Tea (non alcoholic.)

I really don't drink alcohol a whole heck of a lot.

Edited by Inky

Of course, the 15 minute rant I recorded in Audacity was eaten the minute I close & re-open the project. Gone. Note to self: export to WAV before closing it out. I almost never drink either, but since I wasn't driving & had a hotel room, I figure turn off the safety. And there I was, quite a few drinks, at a table with Bob from Retronauts & several others, having an intelligent discussion on various video game topics & trips to Japan.

Edited by S1500

Of course, the 15 minute rant I recorded in Audacity was eaten the minute I close & re-open the project. Gone. Note to self: export to WAV before closing it out.

Note to everyone: Audacity is crap. Just say no!

A new podcast has arrived!

Talk Retro

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/talk-retro-retro-magazines/id1039440143?mt=2

A podcast from Retro magazine(?).

Yep it is but been around since last year no new episodes since March if anyone is there to even make new ones

...It's fine for editing and effects, but no. I use GarageBand to record.

Fine... if you don't mind inexplicable random/spontaneous file corruption and complete loss of data.

It's the Microsoft Outlook of audio recording applications!