IGNORED

BBC iPlayer available outside of the UK

DracIsBack

Since my Wii is hooked up to my TV, I've always envisioned watching streaming television on it. Unfortunately, most sites do NOT optimize for the Wii. With the exception of YouTube, most videos I've found fail to play at all.

I was really interested in the BBC iPlayer. However, it doesn't seem like that is available outside of the UK. Does anyone know if it's possible to run if you're in another country?

Since my Wii is hooked up to my TV, I've always envisioned watching streaming television on it. Unfortunately, most sites do NOT optimize for the Wii. With the exception of YouTube, most videos I've found fail to play at all.

I was really interested in the BBC iPlayer. However, it doesn't seem like that is available outside of the UK. Does anyone know if it's possible to run if you're in another country?

There are streaming video solutions for the Wii. They will allow you to stream from your computer (so basically anything on your pc/mac like hulu or various other network sites) or just copy downloaded or converted files on your wii (anything DIVX/XVID) from a sd card. Youwill need to install the homebrew channel first.

I agree it's too bad Nintendo doesnt cut a deal with Hulu or Netflix so we can have free legal videos on the wii it seems like a wasted oppurtunity.

Just a thought, but if you could get the Wii to go thru a UK proxy server you could use iplayer, but I suppose you would still need to install the homebrew channel to get iplayer on your wii anyway...