IGNORED

Someone broke into my van

So some jerk broke into my vehicle and ransacked it and the only thing he stole was my Atari 2600.

For those of you wondering why it was in there, I was in the process of moving and left some of my older stuff in the van overnight. (With the doors locked.) BIG mistake.

Now I'm looking for another 2600 as well as another ColecoVision.

really? someone stole your atari 2600? wow, usually i hear about theives taking newer video game consoles like a 360 or other valuables. thats just weird that someone would break into your car to take an atari.

that would really suck though. i got mine for cheap by chance. if mine got stollen, i would have to pay for an overpriced one on ebay.

That sucks! I hate to hear stuff getting stolen from anyone. I hope you get another one, and if I run across one I'll try to snag it for you and hook you up for the vids.

Thieves SUCK.

3 games were stolen that were in the box, (the last games I played prior to boxing it up,) and they were Asteroids, Combat and E.T.

The guy probably thinks he's gained a fortune. :roll: Glad you didn't lose, say, a copy of Quadrun or Atlantis II.

Imagine their disappointment with ET :evil:

I feel ya, though. A few weeks back someone tried to steal one of my trucks. A friend of mine caught them and they took off. They were gonna tow it off, he'd said, but when he yelled at them they took off with the tow gear dragging behind.

That sucks! I hate to hear stuff getting stolen from anyone. I hope you get another one, and if I run across one I'll try to snag it for you and hook you up for the vids.

Thieves SUCK.

3 games were stolen that were in the box, (the last games I played prior to boxing it up,) and they were Asteroids, Combat and E.T.

I would be careful, and get a good lawyer quickly. With the way the courts have been going these days... the victims are often considered the criminals. The fact that the theif ended up with a copy of E.T., regardless of whether or not it was through your own action, could lead to significant lawsuit. You could face charges like aggrivated boredom, mental assault, or even entrapment at the very least...

Atari had a reason for secretly dumping hundreds of thousands of them in the landfill over night.

Wow that sucks, but at least the thief had good taste :lol: Combat will keep em occupied till the cops show up :P (and the cops would be like "an atari wha? 600 or something?"

Luckily that particular system is fairly common and easy to replace (less you got a sunnyvale heavy sixer or something)

Hey, Stoneagegamer gots the gear too....now I know where he got it (joking :P )

Will your insurance cover the cost of the 2600? Some insurance policies not only cover damage to the vehicle but theft of any merchandise that was inside the vehicle.

The real question would be, would it be worth it? You can get a new atari for cheap, unless heavily moded. But making a claim will useually give you higher rates (which in the case of a 2600would make it quickly not worth it)

The real question would be, would it be worth it? You can get a new atari for cheap, unless heavily moded. But making a claim will usually give you higher rates (which in the case of a 2600would make it quickly not worth it)

That's infuriating. You have the insurance in place to help out in an emergency. That's why you pay for it. Then when the time comes where you need it the rotten companies penalize you for it.:thumbsdown: :x What a total scam. I really don't see why people let these jerks get away with it for all these years.

Will your insurance cover the cost of the 2600? Some insurance policies not only cover damage to the vehicle but theft of any merchandise that was inside the vehicle.

The real question would be, would it be worth it? You can get a new atari for cheap, unless heavily moded. But making a claim will useually give you higher rates (which in the case of a 2600would make it quickly not worth it)

Every insurance policy I've had does not raise rates when you file a claim for vandalism, theft, etc. They charge their deductible(which I've always made sure to have a policy where my deductible is <$100 even though it costs me more each month) but that's it, no monthly raise of your premiums. Plus he has to make a claim to get his door fixed(plus any other damage that may have resulted from that) so why not tack on the ~$50 a 2600 is worth?

Also, a lot of home owner's insurance policies(and even some renter's insurance policies) cover theft that happens when your vehicle is parked outside of your residence.. so that may be worth looking into if you have home owner's insurance

darthkur - I agree that insurance companies are out to screw us over.. but I do understand why they charge deductibles... otherwise any time somebody gets a scratch on their car, etc. they'd turn it in.(especially because like I said vandalism, etc. often doesn't bring a raise in premiums).

Edited by IceCold