IGNORED

FC 16 Go - Portable SNES

Glad I could help :)

I figured the velco would be needed for both types of carts. It helps a lot! Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't do something similar when producing it.

Nice to see someone else from Columbus who's into the classics.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

I figured the velco would be needed for both types of carts. It helps a lot! Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't do something similar when producing it.

Thanks! Yes, nice to see more Columbus people around. Maybe well see some more around at the classic games show next year. They had one at a church this fall and I guess it was decent.

Yeah, Odd thing that cart problem. Makes me wondor how many regular consumer returns they will see. Sure would like to buy those up cheap.

Nice solution! Cart should slide across the pads and not stick yet they are large enough to stabilize the cart.

My daughter found that not all carts were as sensitive as others. All stars reset easily but DK country was rock solid. Both had very clean contacts

Thanks! Yes, nice to see more Columbus people around. Maybe well see some more around at the classic games show next year. They had one at a church this fall and I guess it was decent.

Yeah, Odd thing that cart problem. Makes me wondor how many regular consumer returns they will see. Sure would like to buy those up cheap.

Nice solution! Cart should slide across the pads and not stick yet they are large enough to stabilize the cart.

My daughter found that not all carts were as sensitive as others. All stars reset easily but DK country was rock solid. Both had very clean contacts

That's funny. DC2 reset easily for me, but Kirby Super Stars was solid haha.

I've been playing most of the night. I have come across a very UNWELCOME feature. As I was leafing through my large sfc collection to see what game I wanted to play with, it seems (as it was untouched and had the velcro fix) that after a long time of not playing, the system self timers off. It happened twice at what seemed the same time frame on F-Zero, which is a very stable game out of the ones I've tried. I'll test this out further, but seeming as this is a portable meant to conserve battery life, I could see this as a "feature".

The problem is, you can use this as a console, which is a problem if you go get a bite to eat or go to the restroom as it will turn off after some time.

Other than that the velcro fix has been working wonders. It matches the system but keeps the carts extremely sturdy. It's just as easy as it was before to get the carts in (and as hard as before to get them out). Now that I've done that mod, it's been a LOT of fun and I'm really loving it.

I'd suggest the sfc mod to anyone who has sfc games. One suggestion I have is, you don't need to unscrew the unit. I tried and it's very easy to strip the screws, even with the right sized screw driver (damn chinese screws...haha). Take a pair of fairly small wire cutters and clamp down on each of the two tabs. If you squeeze very firmly the plastic will snap off. Since they're wire cutters, the cut will be flush to the casing, so no need to file it away for the cart to fit. It worked like a charm and only took a minute to do.

The velcro I found at work. They were cut already in the square shape and were in a row on a piece of plastic ready to be peeled off. I'm sure you can find them. I cut the squares in half and placed each half on the unit's dust door while holding it from the under side.

Hope that helps guys.

Btw, if there are any classic gaming shows let me know. I have never gone to one around here, so anything would be interesting to see in this area.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

PS: PLEASE make sure you place the velcro in the same spot I did. I put those two pieces there for a reason. If it's more towards the center, it will be too tight. If you put it all the way on each end, it won't touch the cart. You'll see what I'm talking about when you look in from the top when a cart is in side. It's easy to tell where the velcro should go. Or ya know.. just watch my video for reference.

but Kirby Super Stars was solid haha.

Did you get Kirby Super Star to work? Mine will not boot (US version)

mine is the super famicom version. I font have a us copy any more, but if it first work keep trying. The cart has to be in the exact spot to play. Do the Velcro mod I did. It will help you out. Also for this system in particular, blowing on the cart isn't a bad idea.

if you have suggestions then aim them towards me and I will try to make the requests happen.

I would like to request that you stop posting on AtariAge. Secondary to that is for you to get a haircut, But not posting on AtariAge is the main focus of this request.

• Like 1

Had the thing for a week and played it quiet a bit, the cart port is a bit finicky but, hell, so is my SNES (at this point, poor bastid is nearly 17 years old :P ) Over all, I think it's a great system, it worked with everything I threw in it, it feels a bit cheap, but it works well, I like the PSX style D button, (though a lot of people don't) it's a one piece of plastic, not individual buttons like some of these clones, and that's good. The wireless controllers are AWESOME! Yeah, RF, not wireless, so you don'tget that typical 80's/90's controller "lag" that you got fromthe old school IR from then.

Anyhow, so far, the only real downsides I'd guess, it has a custom battery. If I still had the system I'd see what volts and such it is, but my guess, if it took 6 or so AA's, it'd probably have a longer life, could be wrong, but then, it is simple this way (is there replacement batteries for the thing?) And two, when you close the system, it powers on...that buggs me, but it's the shape of he system, it's screen hits the power button when you shut it, next one, I may shave the button down so it's not as easy to hit and see if that takes care of the problem...though the system does auto shut down (suposedly) if you leave it alone for ten minutes.

So, well, over all, I thought it was great though, it ran all my games, the screen was a LOT better than I was expecting (thinking back in the days of Gamegear and Nomad, you can see what I was really expecting) The TV connectivity is cool, and convienant, I'd see this being a console as much or more than a handheld.

My friend that I gave it to for christmass really enjoyed it, he's got kids, so I guess we'll get to see how well it lasts :P Now I just need to pick one up for me :P For the %60 that it cost, it's a really awesome system.

Stoneage, can you ask Yobo why they bundled in headphones if there is no jack for them? Unless I have been missing something (been drinking a fair bit lately) they can't be used. And truthfully, headphone support was a big selling point for me. To have been misled into thinking the FC 16 had it, kind of ticks me off.

Yes, it's the AV Jack.

Thanks guys. My issue is was that the system will not accept regular headphones, you need to use the provided ones or others that have a smaller connector. Standard headphones from your Ipod or whatever aren't going to work

Thanks guys, will do.

I just wanted to mention all the attention I have been getting from playing this unit in public. I live in Toronto, so it's busy everywhere I go, all the time. The FC16 has become part of my daily routine now and at least 1 person a day stops me on the subway or elsewhere usually with "that's amazing, where'd you get that thing?" I think people instantly recognise the SNES cart, take notice and want to talk about it. It's a pretty cool conversation piece, and hopefully as a result I am driving a couple people over to stoneagegamer.com through word of mouth too.

Had the thing for a week and played it quiet a bit, the cart port is a bit finicky but, hell, so is my SNES (at this point, poor bastid is nearly 17 years old :P ) Over all, I think it's a great system, it worked with everything I threw in it, it feels a bit cheap, but it works well, I like the PSX style D button, (though a lot of people don't) it's a one piece of plastic, not individual buttons like some of these clones, and that's good. The wireless controllers are AWESOME! Yeah, RF, not wireless, so you don'tget that typical 80's/90's controller "lag" that you got fromthe old school IR from then.

Anyhow, so far, the only real downsides I'd guess, it has a custom battery. If I still had the system I'd see what volts and such it is, but my guess, if it took 6 or so AA's, it'd probably have a longer life, could be wrong, but then, it is simple this way (is there replacement batteries for the thing?) And two, when you close the system, it powers on...that buggs me, but it's the shape of he system, it's screen hits the power button when you shut it, next one, I may shave the button down so it's not as easy to hit and see if that takes care of the problem...though the system does auto shut down (suposedly) if you leave it alone for ten minutes.

So, well, over all, I thought it was great though, it ran all my games, the screen was a LOT better than I was expecting (thinking back in the days of Gamegear and Nomad, you can see what I was really expecting) The TV connectivity is cool, and convienant, I'd see this being a console as much or more than a handheld.

My friend that I gave it to for christmass really enjoyed it, he's got kids, so I guess we'll get to see how well it lasts :P Now I just need to pick one up for me :P For the %60 that it cost, it's a really awesome system.

The battery is a Nokia cellphone battery. You can pick them up anywhere on the net. Some are cheap and some are expensive. :)

The Directional button took me a little getting used to. I use the center of my thumb on a normal D-button. With the directions separated into 4 buttons, even with them connected underneath, the reach was awkward. :|