IGNORED

Atari Force Comics - all 21 Issues in PDF available

I just stopped seeding--I uploaded over 4GB overnight. I also successfully uploaded a zip file containing all the comics to the AtariAge server, which I've given subscribers access to. Don't want to make it available publicly as surely it would get linked externally and eat up AtariAge's bandwidth.

..Al

How can i get this?

I'm curious, too. Where do subscribers go to find the link for the zip file?

Thank for sharing this.

What I can't understand is, why was this started so late? The first issue was January 1984! By then the crash was allready starting. If this had come out, say, three years eariler, it would have had a long run. As it was, I'm shocked it lasted until August of 1985.

The advertisements are great also. :cool:

I have all the original issues myself but still trying to snag a copy of his bit torrent anyway. Thanks for scanning this.

I have about 57% of the bit torrent after five days of on again off again downloading. Really taking longer than expected since I have had this downloading for as much as eight hours at a time in some cases. But I'll keep working at it.

The zip link above errored out.

As for the comic story itself, yeh it was funny at the time since Atari was already old hat strangely enough. That was the feeling I had at the time. They took a story line they put time and development in, one they had the rights for, and took it in a new direction. The series I thought was a lot of fun. And not sure if they included it in there, but the "STar Raiders" graphic novel is in the same universe as the Atari Force stuff.

I have all the original issues myself but still trying to snag a copy of his bit torrent anyway. Thanks for scanning this.

I have about 57% of the bit torrent after five days of on again off again downloading. Really taking longer than expected since I have had this downloading for as much as eight hours at a time in some cases. But I'll keep working at it.

As for the comic story itself, yeh it was funny at the time since Atari was already old hat strangely enough. That was the feeling I had at the time. They took a story line they put time and development in, one they had the rights for, and took it in a new direction. The series I thought was a lot of fun. And not sure if they included it in there, but the "STar Raiders" graphic novel is in the same universe as the Atari Force stuff.

I am putting together a nice little pack for the comics and STart mags since there seems to be some demand for them (the sleeves for everything arrived today finally).. I was able to get a copy of the Star Raiders and Warlords graphic novels so along with the original five and the other pack in sets (assuming Albert has no problem with me adding the ones from this site) That should cover all the ATARI related comics:

5 Original Atari Force comic game Pack-ins

Centipede comic game pack in

3 Swordquest comic game pack-ins

Yars revenge comic game pack-in

Warlords graphic novel

Star Raiders Graphic Novel

Atari Force Comics (20 issues)

Atari Force comics special issue

Have I missed any?

Thank for sharing this.

What I can't understand is, why was this started so late? The first issue was January 1984! By then the crash was already starting. If this had come out, say, three years earlier, it would have had a long run. As it was, I'm shocked it lasted until August of 1985.

The advertisements are great also. :cool:

I remember the first issue hitting the newsstands on October 1983, around the time of my 15th birthday. Back then, the issue date was a few months ahead of the actual publication date.

Sorry, that link is only available for subscribers. I did not want to post it publicly as the odds of it getting linked outside of AtariAge would be pretty high if I did that (it'd end up on Google, for one) and that could potentially be a HUGE bandwidth drain.

..Al

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

there is still a live torrent out there for it if you search (easy find). I'm not going to Post a lInk to it due to wheRe it is, but it's reAlly not hard To find if you'rE aBle to Attempt a lookseY on google.

0 seeds. :_(

It came down fine for me, quickly too. I already had it, but I wanted to test to make sure before I posted about it. This comes up all the time. Just because a torrent is dead to you and your settings or whatever, doesn't mean it's really dead. You could become a subscriber, then download it officially and quickly directly from this site! Just sayin'! It's a great deal anyway to support a great site! ;)

there is still a live torrent out there for it if you search (easy find). I'm not going to Post a lInk to it due to wheRe it is, but it's reAlly not hard To find if you'rE aBle to Attempt a lookseY on google.

0 seeds. :_(

It came down fine for me, quickly too. I already had it, but I wanted to test to make sure before I posted about it. This comes up all the time. Just because a torrent is dead to you and your settings or whatever, doesn't mean it's really dead. You could become a subscriber, then download it officially and quickly directly from this site! Just sayin'! It's a great deal anyway to support a great site! ;)

Yeah, it's downloading. :) For those interested, I'll seed overnight, and maybe for a couple of days.