IGNORED

My Last Original 1983 GAMMA-ATTACK on EBAY Again

gamecrawler

This whole thread is just WOW, I wonder if you guys would treat Rob Fulop this way, if he found another Cubicolor cart in his garage. :thumbsdown:

I agree 100%.

I agree 100% as well. However, there are still too many holes with this cart and story, especially with the parts presented not being close to what I have. And, say they are parts from 25 years ago, why would the parts be totally different than from my copy. There are other pieces of information that I also know but will not say because I think I have said enough and I don't want to get other people involved.

BTW, I would not treat Mr. Fulop this way because he was a well-known programmer and his items are well-documented.....nobody even knew Mr. Esken until this game popped-up a couple of years ago.

This whole thread is just WOW, I wonder if you guys would treat Rob Fulop this way, if he found another Cubicolor cart in his garage. :thumbsdown:

I agree 100%.

I agree 100% as well. However, there are still too many holes with this cart and story, especially with the parts presented not being close to what I have. And, say they are parts from 25 years ago, why would the parts be totally different than from my copy. There are other pieces of information that I also know but will not say because I think I have said enough and I don't want to get other people involved.

BTW, I would not treat Mr. Fulop this way because he was a well-known programmer and his items are well-documented.....nobody even knew Mr. Esken until this game popped-up a couple of years ago.

I completely understand your concerns, your questions are valid as some one who is potentially willing to pay big cash for the game. I don't think CPU's comment was directed towards you :)

There are other pieces of information that I also know but will not say because I think I have said enough and I don't want to get other people involved.

Come on, just drop the "H" bomb and be done with it :P

I can't.... my word is my word and I do not want to lose the trust of people that I know and care about. :) I rather keep my friends than say additional things about this game. If people do not want to believe me, that is fine with me but at least I have communicated my thoughts about this particular situation/auction and I can go to sleep tonight with a clear mind and conscience. :)

There are other pieces of information that I also know but will not say because I think I have said enough and I don't want to get other people involved.

Come on, just drop the "H" bomb and be done with it :P

I can't.... my word is my word and I do not want to lose the trust of people that I know and care about. :) I rather keep my friends than say additional things about this game. If people do not want to believe me, that is fine with me but at least I have communicated my thoughts about this particular situation/auction and I can go to sleep tonight with a clear mind and conscience. :)

Very true and I agree. If people can't see whats happening here at this point they never will.

Very true and I agree. If people can't see whats happening here at this point they never will.

hmmmmm i don't know....

I've been watching this thread with interest.

I reckon given that you have pretty much f%*#ed any chance of a proper sale here on this cart... if there is anything to be dropped ie. the 'h' bomb - i think you ought to step up and drop it yourself....

otherwise you could be seen as someone who is just out to sabotage another member's sale (for whatever reason?)

because really at this point most of the thread is based on mere suggestion and elusion, but not factual.

You may indeed be right on this but until then... perhaps you ought to take your own advice -

I will rest at this point as it is the holiday season and it's a time for happiness not sadness as sad as this situation may be.

Edited by nofrills100

I agree. If you're going to pull an "I know something you don't know" on this, you should spill the beans, especially as it will save another member upwards of $1000+. Is it any more 'right' to withhold information about something like this? That's just as unethical in my book.

In my case, it is a double-edged sword. I would not mind telling but at the same I have to keep my word. I have never done this with any other thread so apparently there is some validity to this. Moreover, why would I want to sabotage this sale, I already have an original one.

I reckon given that you have pretty much f%*#ed any chance of a proper sale here on this cart... if there is anything to be dropped ie. the 'h' bomb - i think you ought to step up and drop it yourself....

The sale isn't on AA it's on Ebay. Ebay has millions of customers that buy atari games that don't read AA. Also I'm pretty sure most all folks with the money to spend on high priced auctions are grown adults and can make up their own minds about anything and everything they are going to spend that money on. Anything typed onto a video game forum by someone they don't know from a hole in the ground should have no weight on their choice to buy or not buy anything be it a video game or anything else. And with the biggest buyer known to the Atari community saying he has no intrest that kinda leads to the item selling for much less no matter what has been said for or agenst the item in question.

As for a "H" bomb, I have only said what I can see for myself, like the age of the work done, the differences from the cart owned by Wonder007 and the one for sale,the ease of making an exact copy of what is being sold and so forth. Any other information that I don't have as 100 percent fact I will not make into rumor as what is already stated and can be seen by all eyes should be enough on it's own to raise question of the value and\or authenticity of the item at hand. Again, any free thinking person would not care about any of this as they are the one in the end deciding what they want and how much they want it. Everyone has an opinion and is intitled to it.

I wish only the best for Bob E with the sales of his current and upcoming auctions\sales of reproductions of Gamma Attack.

You all are having a Gamma party and didn't invite me? LMAO!

I'm not sure whats going on here but good luck and Merry Christmas to all.

As far as

If I was the programmer of some forgotten product and someone else years later copied it and sold copies well I'd be a bit upset myself. If he did consider legal action he would need a cart as proof. According to the details presented this might not be possible but step one would still be to secure a cart till you knew for sure. As for doing it now well I bet he didn't think someone else would make copies and sell it till now.

A: he wouldn't have made a dime this century off the game if I didn't find it because he only knew anyone was interested after being tracked down and initially from what I understand, he didn't want to be bothered about it.

B: I asked him questions about the game and asked to prove he was the creator and he either didn't reply or answered in one sentence answers that didn't shed much light and made me think he was just a guy trying to lay claim to the game that was not copyrighted when we made the repros. I told Bob if he could prove to me he was who he said he was, maybe we can work out something since the wheels were already in motion on the repro and money had already been spent to make them. He decided to ignore me and then tried to sell the code at $50 a pop after we released it online here on AA. Also he was asking like $150 for a repro that day. I'm not bad mouthing him as he couldn't know what to expect and had only the talk of the original to go by. I'm just saying if he was straight with me, it could went down different. I made about 900$ off of it when all was said and done. I preserved the code and I got copies into gamers hands. If he wants to sue me for $900, go ahead and get in line behind the rest of my bills.

I hope you sell a million worth Bob. I bought labels so I could have something to remind me of the original and I'm happy with that and I'm very happy to whom I sold the original to as well. I dont know whats going on with this copy of the game and I hope it gets sorted and everyones happy but for the people that seem to think this game was a hoax from the beginning because either they want to or cant read fully, please Wonder, please tell everyone here if you have the real deal or not. I wanna hear you say it because I have heard that BS since I found it from various members at various times and It would be nice to have it on the record as a point of reference if it comes up again.

You know one cant win when they find something like this. If they dont release the ROM, then they are hated on for "hoarding the ROM" and if they do release it, they get hated on by the rest for trying to offset some value loss in releasing the ROM by selling repros which were in high demand. If I wasn't involved in Repros, Hozer would have been as they are now if I just released it to the public and Bob still woulda had this problem. I asked Bob to talk to me and explain some things. For whatever reason, he didn't want to discuss it leaving me the impression he was someone just trying to get in on the repros that had nothing to do with the game. I have the saved PMs of the questions I asked him and only 1 or 2 that he replied to saved as well. Wonder has seen at least one. I think he would say I tried to figure out what ws going on and if Bob was legit at the time. Anyhow, good luck with the sale Bob.

on another note, theres so many homebrews that have come out that I cant afford this year...

That sucks big chocolate salty balls! Just had to vent for a second.

I hope you all have a merry Christmas and next time theres a Gamma party, I need an invite. Cheers

Edited by Phantom

I do not understand the undertones, undercurrents, or even am privvy to any secretive information. I just ask that everyone please remain respectful while questions are cleared up.

At this point from what I know by reading this thread I wouldnt want to see winner of the auction feel that their item was misrepresented or misinterpreted in any way nor do I like seeing any individual maligned or criticized without the information being common public knowledge. I also don't want to see a seller, someone who is from appearances new to the ins and outs of classic game collecting be confused or unsure as to the proper terminology.

Sir./gamecrawler, whether it was politely worded or not, there is a question of when the chip was burned/board soldered/cart assembled for the specific cart that is being auctioned from what I can tell. Also, there seems to be a question whether you were the original holder of the specific parts for the cart being auctioned or where these parts originated from if you were not.

(It reminds me of what I have dealt with in collecting classic automobiles in a way, but I digress.)

To some this does not matter as long as all parts are original, and to others, this matters greatly.

If you could be so kind as to post this information it would be greatly appreciated and I suspect also would clear up many questions as well as more importantly reflect on your final value of the auction, especially as some of the questions were brought from individuals I would consider possible serious bidders.

Thank you and have a good day all.

I do not understand the undertones, undercurrents, or even am privvy to any secretive information. I just ask that everyone please remain respectful while questions are cleared up.

At this point from what I know by reading this thread I wouldnt want to see winner of the auction feel that their item was misrepresented or misinterpreted in any way nor do I like seeing any individual maligned or criticized without the information being common public knowledge. I also don't want to see a seller, someone who is from appearances new to the ins and outs of classic game collecting be confused or unsure as to the proper terminology.

Sir./gamecrawler, whether it was politely worded or not, there is a question of when the chip was burned/board soldered/cart assembled for the specific cart that is being auctioned from what I can tell. Also, there seems to be a question whether you were the original holder of the specific parts for the cart being auctioned or where these parts originated from if you were not.

(It reminds me of what I have dealt with in collecting classic automobiles in a way, but I digress.)

To some this does not matter as long as all parts are original, and to others, this matters greatly.

If you could be so kind as to post this information it would be greatly appreciated and I suspect also would clear up many questions as well as more importantly reflect on your final value of the auction, especially as some of the questions were brought from individuals I would consider possible serious bidders.

Apollo boards and EPROMS came from JAMECO in 1983, have attached JAMECO flyer I found in my documents. my production run switched over to

these boards in early 1983. These parts and the one 1983 test programmed EPROM have been in my possesion since 1983. These parts have nothing to do with H-BOMB, The 1983 test EPROM(my last EPROM from the 1983 production run) was soldered in this year. This is still an original, from GAMMATIOM by me documented and signed by me with all original 1983 parts. bob e

post-17994-126148799657_thumb.jpg

post-17994-126148806191_thumb.jpg

Apollo boards and EPROMS came from JAMECO in 1983, have attached JAMECO flyer I found in my documents. my production run switched over to

these boards in early 1983. These parts and the one 1983 test programmed EPROM have been in my possesion since 1983. These parts have nothing to do with H-BOMB, The 1983 test EPROM(my last EPROM from the 1983 production run) was soldered in this year. This is still an original, from GAMMATIOM by me documented and signed by me with all original 1983 parts. bob e

Well if it is any consolation, I think that you are probably legit. All your responses seem to add up.

So it went for $793 shipped. It should of gone for a lot more. Here were the problems

1) Bad move not putting Atari 2600 or even Atari in the title.

2) The questions surrounding the authenticity of the cart.

3) The label not being attached to the cart.

4) Being to lazy to make a new picture of the cart.

Thanks for posting that, I never knew Jameco sold Apollo PCBs. Interesting, they must have bought what Apollo had left in stock. Did they already have games on them when purchsed?

So it went for $793 shipped. It should of gone for a lot more. Here were the problems

It boggles the mind how Air Raid sells for more than this :o

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Only 2) had a real impact. 1) was irrelevant as there were about 700 views of the auction. Bob should have pulled the auction until everything was sorted out. Someone got the steal of the century. Congrats to the new owner, picking up probably the rarest cart in existence for under $800 is amazing.

Only 2) had a real impact. 1) was irrelevant as there were about 700 views of the auction. Bob should have pulled the auction until everything was sorted out. Someone got the steal of the century. Congrats to the new owner, picking up probably the rarest cart in existence for under $800 is amazing.

Not too sure about that. The auction was on the low side before the whole controversy even started. Most of the time an auction like this would already be close to $2,000.

Not too sure about that. The auction was on the low side before the whole controversy even started. Most of the time an auction like this would already be close to $2,000.

This was a relist right?

What did it sell for the first time around? If vintage I think the instructions alone are worth $800