IGNORED

THIS FOR REAL?!? jaguar new in box?

joeypsp

okay i was looking on the best electronics website and came across this-

46867405.jpg

this for real?? im also tryin to find if they ship to canada, anybody know?

ive always wanted one, i can do the math(lol) and $110is great for me especially if its brand new.

they even have the jag cd add-on! in box!

so, are these guys legit?

EDIT:

also, how do you order and calculate shipping and all that?

they seem a tad chinsey in their site design so im naturally cautious of a scam lol

Edited by joeypsp

Yes!, It is 100% Legit and very real. All you need to do is call Best-Electronics main man: Bradley Koda, in the afternoon and tell him what you want and he will take your c.c number over the phone and tell you the full price + shipping to be charged. Most Everyone here on Atariage will vouch for the honesty and awesomeness of Best Electronics -they have wherehouses full of all Atari stuff. They are, I would say, the largest Atari dealer in the world -now you know what's up. Best Electronics is the real deal, no lie -fur reals yo!

What you may not realize is the Jaguar was not that popular at all and Atari went bankrupt with thousands of New Jaguar consoles filling entire wherehouses -all unsold. Jaguar continues to be the most unpopular Atari console so nobody wants them. There is not a lot of software for the system and most titles are not 64-bit looking -that's another minus. Also the Jaguar is not an 1980's console(like all the other Ataris) and is the newest so there is still a good supply of new boxed Jaguar hardware equipement and new shrinkwrapped & boxed software around. Most everything Jaguar related can still be purchased new -today!, because the system sucks to most people and they think the controller sucks and the games all mostly suck, there is much hatred for all things Atari Jaguar. So this means more new Jaguar stuff for us, including the Jaguar CD player!!

Myself... I really love the Jaguar and bought it new w/Cybermorph in 1994 for $249.00 + tax

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 2

Another plug for Bradley and great summarization of the Jaguar phenomenon by Ovalbugmann too. From a gamers POV, be wary of sellers asking too much for Jag games. Most ALL of the original lineup can be had CIB or NIB for $20 or less. Very few exceptions. If you're patient, you can even score titles like Atari Karts and AvP for a lot less than the "retail" or "going" price. Jaguar is a great and curious little system. Just try to remain perspective on it from the gamers slant if you want to fully enjoy your purchases. Lastly, the CD add-on may not be the greatest investment gaming wise for the Jag. It's a great collectors item to be sure, but the library is severely limited and the improvements to the few existing games might be considered mediocre by most peoples standards. Still, whatever you decide to invest in, enjoy!

Edited by save2600

This guy is great. I live near his warehouse and he allows pick-ups if you're in a pinch... you know, like you really need that replacement controller IMMEDIATELY. ;)

Last time I dropped by to pick something up we hung out and chatted for a while, and he showed me some of the projects he was working on. He's very serious about restoring classic Atari equipment back to better-than-new-condition, and has done his own mods for 2600 and 5200 joysticks and some original PCBs and stuff. Neat guy!

- KS

Edited by kskunk

I remember being a broke college student and paying $35 more than I had for a NIB Jag at one of those computer liquidation fairs back in 1998.

Should have bought about 100 more of them. Would have done better than my 401k has! :D

I bought a NIB Jag sometime in the very late 90's. There is a local game shop in my hometown that has been there since the NES days, and at one point they were selling NIB Jags and NIB 32X systems for $25 each. I grabbed a Jag. If I had known, I would have bought 4 of each and stashed them. At the very least, I regret not buying a 32X. I eventually traded away the Jag, but I am considering buying one again from Best.

Chris

uhhh..

What's the url for this site?

I found another site which is asking $89 for the base unit $200 for the jag cd, and the cheapest game is $39 with aVp being $99!?

Which site is that? I know that GO ATARI charges $220 for the Jag CD unit and $89 for the base Jaguar unit but some games are under $39. B&C charges $200 for the Jag CD.

I might add that I'm wondering if anyone knows where one can get a brand new Jag CD unit for less than $200? They sold them for $149 when they came out, so there ought to be someone selling them now for around that price. Does anyone know?

Bestelect is great, but check also myatari:

J8001 JAGUAR W/Cannon Fodder $99.95 New in box complete

Jaguar console, std joypad controller, power pack,

Owners manual, Auto TV switchbox and original box.

I've seen them advertise that for years now. When did Atari pack in Cannon Fodder? I don't remember seeing that ever. Might just be a B&C exclusive? Loose cart and manual inside the Jaguar in lieu of Cybermorph?

• 3 weeks later...

I remember buying new in box Jags with new copies of Tempest 2000 off of some Canadian site for $19. Those really were the good old days...

Wow and I thought I got a good deal when I bought mine off Tiger Direct in the late 90's for $89 shipped - got all NIB stuff; Jag, 2nd controller and 5 games of my choice...