IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2010 (Season 3)

cvga

NES/Famicom -

Getsu Fuuma Den: 48 min.

Although this title was never released outside of Japan (a dang shame, too - although it has a distinctly oriental mythology-based flavor, this one would still be heralded today as a true classic), I've been playing it via my new, translated reproduction cart! :D

Intellivision

Thunder Castle - 15 minutes

Horse Racing - 10 minutes

Diner - 10 minutes

Arcade

Defender - 10 minutes

Elevator Action - 10 minutes

Lock n' Chase - 5 minutes

Popeye - 10 minutes

WWF Superstars - 15 minutes

Klax - 10 minutes

Kangaroo - 5 minutes

Decided to break out the emulator and play some arcade games. It's amazing how much more difficult an arcade game is compared to it's home counterpart. Defender, Lock n' Chase and Popeye were all much more difficult. I don't know if it was the speed of the games or just the fact the AI was smarter. Popeye for one had Brutus jumping up and reaching down to get you on the first level. On the NES version he doesn't start doing that stuff until the second but the frequency is no where near what the arcade version had.

For Intellivision I tried out Horse Racing via emulation since I just got a CIB copy on ebay tonight. I can't wait to get the real game because trying to make sense of the controls on a keyboard was terrible. Story time: As a kid I remember looking through the Intellivision game catalogs that came with each game and I was always drawn to Horse Racing. It just seemed like a fun game. Picking favorites, handicapping the ponies, something you can have more than 2 people participate in. I never did get it back then, in fact I don't think I ever saw it anywhere. So when I get this game in a few days it'll be like being 6 again and being excited about a new game.

Thunder Castle was and still is amazing to me. I remember when my friend across the street got this game and we were wowed by the gameplay and the graphics. That was the most cutting edge game at the time, or so we thought. I really want this game CIB but it's a bit pricey for my tastes so I'll wait.

I never played Diner so I gave that a shot. I like it but I don't think I'll be pursuing a copy for myself anytime soon. It just doesn't seem to be worth the prices I'm seeing on ebay.

NES/Famicom -

Getsu Fuuma Den: 70 min.

I haven't yet been able to defeat the first (out of, I believe, four) major end boss - but the game is set up oddly, in that you have a world map with dozens of side-scrolling levels to work past; a midboss; a dungeon-crawler level with a first-person, over-the-shoulder perspective (and real-time fights); and then finally one of the demon end bosses! :-o

Edited by Kris Snyder

Sega Master System:

Air Rescue - 74 min.

Turbografx-16:

Atomic Robo-Kid Special - 10 min.

N64:

Gauntlet Legends - 155 min.

Finally beat Air Rescue on both Normal and, immediately thereafter, on Hard. Level 5 (the final level) was the bottleneck that made me set this game aside for a while, but once I realized I could rescue the required number of prisoners without retrieving the uppermost group -- who are at the far end of a particularly narrow set of passages -- then it went from "unplayable" to "incredibly annoying, but manageable". I practiced for a bit using a stage select code, and then ran through the whole game fair and square, twice in succession.

We also beat Gauntlet Legends in two sessions, the second of which was quite short (25 min.) because the last level turned out to be a total cakewalk. For some reason, the final boss decided to direct almost all of his attacks towards me: I think my Archer lost 10x as much health as my girlfriend's Valkyrie! We were playing on the easiest difficulty setting (Normal), but after investing 18.5 hours of gameplay into this run, we're not really in a rush to start all over again on Advanced or Expert.

Edited by thegoldenband

N64:

Gauntlet Legends - 155 min.

We also beat Gauntlet Legends in two sessions, the second of which was quite short (25 min.) because the last level turned out to be a total cakewalk. For some reason, the final boss decided to direct almost all of his attacks towards me: I think my Archer lost 10x as much health as my girlfriend's Valkyrie! We were playing on the easiest difficulty setting (Normal), but after investing 18.5 hours of gameplay into this run, we're not really in a rush to start all over again on Advanced or Expert.

This is such a great game and so much fun to play single or multi-player! Rock on! :thumbsup:

times for the past few days…

6-28-10:

Jaguar

Attack of the Mutant Penguins - 25 minutes

Cybermorph - 30 minutes

NES

Pin•Bot - 45 minutes

6-29-10:

Jaguar

Cybermorph - 20 minutes

NES

Pin•Bot - 1 hour 15

minutes

6-30-10

NES

Pin•Bot - 50 minutes

Vice: Project Doom - 20 minutes

Arkanoid - 30 minutes

I am having a great time with Pin•Bot! it didn't really grab me as a child, but I am seriously hooked on this game now… I just keep playing game after game and I could go on all day! I also have continued appreciation for the works Rare has done on the NES… I'd play more Pin•Bot if I didn't have to work in the morning…

Intellivision

Buzz Bombers - 5 minutes

Slam Dunk - Super Pro Basketball - 15 minutes

I'm expecting a copy of Buzz Bombers any day now and I tried out Slam Dunk to see if I want to bid on a couple. Overall I like both games. Sure Buzz Bombers is a bit goofy but it's a fun game.

Arcade

Arkanoid - 5 minutes

Burger Time - 5 minutes

Congo Bongo - 5 minutes

Elevator Action - 10 minutes

Tapper - 5 minutes

Wrestle War - 5 minutes

Atari 2600

Infiltrate - 10 minutes

Dig Dug - 10 minutes

Mouse Trap - 15 minutes

Intellivision

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (Cloudy Mountain) - 10 minutes

Night Stalker - 15 minutes

I have the day off today and we're getting our kitchen remodeled so here I am stuck in my game room.

Playing all these arcade games on emulators again has renewed my interest in building a MAME machine. Perhaps I'll tackle that after we move.

I remember wanting Wrestle War for the Genesis. Does anyone know if it was released in North America? All I can find is references to the Mega Drive version. I assume I'd have to have a Mega Drive for a copy of that to work. I'm not sure I want the game bad enough to spend the extra dough on another system.

VCS:

Planet Patrol 5 mins.

Master Builder 10 mins. (if this game was faster paced it would be great, as is, unplayable.)

Gangster Alley 45 mins.

CrossForce 30 mins.

Challenge of Nexar 40 mins (first time I've ever played this game and I got all the way to the 10th Nexar!)

NES

Double Dragon III 60 mins. (got to the final Mission!!!)

Dragon's Lair 30 mins.

Starship Hector 30 mins.

I remember wanting Wrestle War for the Genesis. Does anyone know if it was released in North America? All I can find is references to the Mega Drive version. I assume I'd have to have a Mega Drive for a copy of that to work. I'm not sure I want the game bad enough to spend the extra dough on another system.

Wrestle War found it's way to the USA on the Sega Smash Pack… on the Dreamcast.

most Mega Drive games can be played on your Genesis by widening the cartridge slot OR with a pass through, such as the Game Genie. The Genesis 3 and the JVC X'Eye have a wide enough slot that will accept Mega Drive games.

my times for 7-1-10:

NES

Pin•Bot - 40 minutes

Sega Master System

After Burner - 15 minutes

Jaguar

Cybermorph - 20 minutes

• Like 1