IGNORED

Circus Atari

Gigabyte

I love that game too, my third favorite after :

Human Cannon ball and Pele's soccer

Human Cannon Ball... really? I recently received this game as part of the Flashback 2, and it seems a fun little game, but pretty limited and repetitive. Are there other modes that add to the replay value? I'm interested in hearing why you like Human Cannonball: maybe I'm missing something.

If you want to try Circus, Breakout and "Pong" with a joystick, pick up the Jakks 10-in-1 Plug-n-Play Atari joystick.

I don't like playing Circus with a joystick at all. They actually did a pretty decent port of the game. I play it from time to time on the Jakks Atari Plug N Play Paddle version. Other than the sound, I don't notice any significant difference play-wise between it and the original.

Circus was one of my favs but I haven't played it since I "flipped" it.

I've rolled the score over on several occasions. I don't think I've ever been able to score that high on the A difficulty level though.

I get my wife to play Circus Atari with me occasionally. I play on A difficulty, left-handed, with the paddle knob facing the floor to make it a more even match. I think I have some freakish natural talent for the game. I guess that makes me Circus People.

Funny thing is I never owned this game when Atari was in its heyday. Never even played it until the early 90's when I started collecting.

Same here... I never had a copy back in the day (and none of my friends did either), so the first time I played it was in an emulator in the 90s. It's super-addicting.

--Will

I didn't appreciate Circus Atari as much when I was younger as I do now. It finished 65th out of 1,038 different classic games that were played in 2009 (in the What have you played lately thread). That's very respectable so it's getting its share of :love:

Circus Atari is definately in the top 5 favorite games for the 2600 for me. I played it for hours when snowed in for days early Christmas week. This game also motivated me to mod my paddle controllers with the pots out of some Atari 5200 controllers. I wish I knew enough about programming to make it for the 5200 with better graphics.

Circus Atari is definately in the top 5 favorite games for the 2600 for me. I played it for hours when snowed in for days early Christmas week. This game also motivated me to mod my paddle controllers with the pots out of some Atari 5200 controllers. I wish I knew enough about programming to make it for the 5200 with better graphics.

On my 5200 multicart, there's a conversion of the 8-bit game "Clowns and Balloons". I don't like it as well as Circus, but it might be a good place to start hacking.

On my 5200 multicart, there's a conversion of the 8-bit game "Clowns and Balloons". I don't like it as well as Circus, but it might be a good place to start hacking.

I have Clowns and balloons on cart also and I agree Circus Atari is better IMHO. Is there any hacking tools for 5200 games like the ones for the 2600?

I actually have only been playing Circus Atari for a year or so, and it's quickly become one of my favorite games. In high school we played this java clone:

http://www.students.uni-mainz.de/rathb000/Jump/Game.html

Which was a lot of fun, but we had no idea it was completely derivitive. Turns out: so is Circus Atari, it's a clone of a 1977 arcade machine... making the game older than asteroids and space invaders!