IGNORED

Cybermorph Differences?

SLVR99

Ok

But why is it rarer than the 1 meg and Why is the 1 meg made after the 2 meg?

Arent companies supposed to improve their games?

The 2meg was the original pack in for the launch systems and was only obtainable that way. Soon after the launch Atari wanted to cut cost on the bundles as all manufacturers do. As the 2meg version actually didnt take up the full 2megs. They realized they could remove the morph logo and a few lines of speach with out impacting game play and cut the cost down from 2meg to 1meg. Later Cybermorph combo bundles included the 1meg.

When the Atari issued the Jaguar PowerPack. The 1meg was sold in a boxed form through retail channels also.

That's why the 2meg is more rare than the 1meg but its not really a rare game.

Is the 2meg worth more over the 1meg.. No not really unless your a collector then you migh hold some more nostalgia for it. Plus the lines of speach that were removed was nothing to be excited about. Plus the morph title screen again nothing fancy to really justify going out of your way for the 2meg if you already have the 1meg version.

Ok

But why is it rarer than the 1 meg and Why is the 1 meg made after the 2 meg?

Arent companies supposed to improve their games?

The 2meg was the original pack in for the launch systems and was only obtainable that way. Soon after the launch Atari wanted to cut cost on the bundles as all manufacturers do. As the 2meg version actually didnt take up the full 2megs. They realized they could remove the morph logo and a few lines of speach with out impacting game play and cut the cost down from 2meg to 1meg. Later Cybermorph combo bundles included the 1meg.

When the Atari issued the Jaguar PowerPack. The 1meg was sold in a boxed form through retail channels also.

That's why the 2meg is more rare than the 1meg but its not really a rare game.

Is the 2meg worth more over the 1meg.. No not really unless your a collector then you migh hold some more nostalgia for it. Plus the lines of speach that were removed was nothing to be excited about. Plus the morph title screen again nothing fancy to really justify going out of your way for the 2meg if you already have the 1meg version.

Ohhh.

I get it now

The title music on the 1MB version also seems to be lacking the crash cymbal.

2MB:

1MB:

Holy crap! When I got my Cybermorph cart with my first Jag in 1996 the music must have been turned off. My cart was used so I guess the owner before me hit the music button on the menu and turned it off. In all that time I never knew the main menu had music! I watched those videos and I thought... what the hell? Even though i have obtained multiple Jags since then I have only ever had the one Cyrbermorph cart. What a surprise to me. :lol: I always wondered why the music button was on the overlay because I always hit it in-game when I put it in as I forget that it doesn't do anything. Now I know... I just wasn't hitting in in the right place!

Ugh, do I feel like a big 'ol Jag collecting loser. Just realized I only have the 1mb version :( lol Anyone here wanna hook me up with a copy in excellent shape for cheap? I'd rather have the 2mb version as it's what I originally had back in the day. Take my 1mb version, please! lol

BTW: besides the © difference of 93/94, can you also not tell by the cartridges' case? The newer one might be grey vs. black on the original. Same with the first 5 carts at rollout.

And not surprisingly, here's a brilliant response I got from a dubious ePay member this morning:

post-13896-126477614349_thumb.png

...guess I should be grateful her two letter response wasn't all in CAPS. lol

Edited by save2600

Yes there is a third label without the -# identifier that is identical to the -3 carts. I've only seen a couple of people say they have one though. I have never seen anyone say that there is a difference besides that id and the copyright date. It is much more likely that a 1meg cart is going to have the -3 id afaik. I also have never heard of anyone specifically searching out one of these carts with the intention of paying more for it (though I bet Buddies would if he didn't have one.) Anyway, the two images I posted are the ones AtariAge shows for the 2 cart sizes.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

All three of those labels have different roms. Two are 2mb, the third is 1mb.

The two 2mb carts are different.

What are the differences between the two 2mb carts besides the copyright date?

BTW... the information I quoted came from what I thought was a pretty good source... you.

J9000 700700 is a 1mb game identical to the J9000E 700700-3 game.

J9000E 700700-2 is the 2mb game.

Edited by Hyper_Eye