IGNORED

Flashback 2+ for preorder on Atari.com, get a free T-shirt

Yup, now that its up, we can now admit to that. Actually that was how we were originally approached, to do a very small run of consoles as give aways and then it grew into Target and from what I've heard, possibly Walmart now wanting them too, so keep your eyes open as I'm sure more previous retailers will want to jump back into carrying these again as they sold so well and so fast the first time.

Curt

Just so people know, it's also being given away as part of the Atari related prizes through General Mills cereals -

http://generalmills.promo.eprize.com/retrogamegiveaway/

Thanks for everything Curt!

So who will get them first Atari.com or Target?

Signed,

Rick Vendl II

Edited by TrekkiELO

Yup, now that its up, we can now admit to that. Actually that was how we were originally approached, to do a very small run of consoles as give aways and then it grew into Target and from what I've heard, possibly Walmart now wanting them too, so keep your eyes open as I'm sure more previous retailers will want to jump back into carrying these again as they sold so well and so fast the first time.

Curt

Well, that certainly sounds promising! If Atari wants to see an enthusiastic response before they commit to the FB3, getting Target and Wal-Mart on board so quickly can only be encouraging. Here's hoping this iteration of the Flashback 2 proves to be as popular as the first!

• Like 1

A little bit disappointed in the game refresh + shifting. Was hoping to have the same games as my existing FB2, + more games + more homebews. I can live without Wizard since it truly was a terrible game. But I, as well as others on here are a bit of a niche audience, where we want the rarer & more obscure games.

Here's the game listing as posted on the site:

3D Tic Tac Toe

Adventure™

Adventure™ II

Aquaventure

Arcade Asteroids™

Arcade Pong™

Asteroids Deluxe™

Battlezone™

Centipede™

Combat

Combat 2

Dodge'm

Double Dunk

Fatal Run

Frog Pond

Hangman

Haunted House

Human Cannonball

Lunar Lander™

Maze Craze

Millipede™

Missile Command™

Off the Wall

Outlaw

Quadrun

Radar Lock

Realsports Boxing

Realsports Soccer

Return to Haunted House

Saboteur

Save Mary

Secret Quest

Space Duel

Space War

Super Baseball

Super Football

Video Checkers

Video Chess

Yars' Return™

Yars' Revenge™

Overall a nice selection of games and variety of genres.

OK, so I'm going to guess that the omission of some of the brighter moments of the Silver and Red series is because of legalities associated with the Williams, Midways and Taitos et al?

Omissions like:

Ms. Pac-Man

Crystal Castles

Jr. Pac-Man

Stargate

Joust

Jungle Hunt

BerZerk

Dig Dug

Galaxian

Space Invaders

Moon Patrol

Phoenix

Midnight Magic

Mario Bros.

Crystal Castles and (to the best of my knowledge) Midnight Magic are both Atari games.

All of these are dogs, in my opinion:

3D Tic Tac Toe

Hangman

Human Cannonball

Space War

Video Checkers

Video Chess

Possibly replace with:

Pole Position

Crystal Castles

Midnight Magic

and three other games you can think of...

Just for conversation...it's not like their going to change the lineup...

Aw man. I wish Pole Position had been on the list.

That's a Namco title. As was stated, they wanted to keep costs to a minimum hence no licensed titles. Likewise, the idea was to create a new themed section hence the sports titles. People are never satisfied, no matter what games are included they'd always say "Why didn't you include such and such?"

I really can't say right now, its a very limited amount for right now, the first batches just shipped to Atari's warehouse, I can't comment on how many are going out to other retailers yet, I'll post something if/when I can.

Curt

Just wondering how collectible they would be...

Anyone know how many 2+ are being / have been manufactured?

Now I know what to do with that Target gift card I got for Christmas! :D

• Like 1

Just so people know, it's also being given away as part of the Atari related prizes through General Mills cereals -

I have had all my friends try this on their computers, and no matter where they clicked stop... it always stopped on the first try again.

When I did it after I clicked stopped it went through 3 movements more, 1 of my friends said it moved 4 more times, another 2 more times. It would seem rigged but maybe its designed to only give a win to like a certain number of clicks? Like the 500th click or something?

Edited by DeadlyDiskKun

Curt

I hope that Walmart will carry it. Because there isn't any Targets nearby to me. And I don't want to pre-order if if I don't have to due to the shipping. Because I'm going to be strapped for cash till late march since I'm wanting to go to MGC.

Edited by nightwheel