IGNORED

7800 Lite Sixer

Shawn

:cool: How about some pictures of inside? Bet theres a ton of wires ;).

I bet your right. Here is a pic of the guts:

:lol:

There is roughly 50 six to eight inch wires to re-route pretty much everything on the motherboard and then the 32 wires for the cart port bus, they had to be roughly 3 inches as anything more than that you would start to get single loss or interferance. I was able to get perfectly crisp output for the video and audio so I'm very happy with the results. The 5v regulator and heat sink had to be moved, I put it roughly 5 inches away from the cart port as even with stock 7800's the regulator being where it is does cause bleed to the video. Moving it as far from the cart port as possible is best. Then the controller ports being wired from the front of the motherboard to the back of the case, all the switches removed and wired to a homemade pcb for the switchboard, changing the switch types on most of the switches to momentary as that is what the 7800 uses in most cases where the 2600 didn't. The color switch is now the pause button. Moved and replaced the power jack from the back right side of the motherboard to the middle on the shell,ect.ect. This was a hell of a mod to say the least.

:cool: How about some pictures of inside? Bet theres a ton of wires ;).

I bet your right. Here is a pic of the guts:

:lol:

There is roughly 50 six to eight inch wires to re-route pretty much everything on the motherboard and then the 32 wires for the cart port bus, they had to be roughly 3 inches as anything more than that you would start to get single loss or interferance. I was able to get perfectly crisp output for the video and audio so I'm very happy with the results. The 5v regulator and heat sink had to be moved, I put it roughly 5 inches away from the cart port as even with stock 7800's the regulator being where it is does cause bleed to the video. Moving it as far from the cart port as possible is best. Then the controller ports being wired from the front of the motherboard to the back of the case, all the switches removed and wired to a homemade pcb for the switchboard, changing the switch types on most of the switches to momentary as that is what the 7800 uses in most cases where the 2600 didn't. The color switch is now the pause button. Moved and replaced the power jack from the back right side of the motherboard to the middle on the shell,ect.ect. This was a hell of a mod to say the least.

Hi Shawn

Wow,looks great,i wish i could do this too.

greetings Walter

Here is one pic of the guts very early on. I didn't even end up using this motherboard or the cart port but it gives you a rough idea. The red x's are stuff I still had yet to remove. I'm not opening it back up to take any other pics as one of the hardest parts is screwing the cart port to the cart glide cause there is less then 2 inches clearance when putting it together as the glide is contact cemented to the switchboard section of the shell for durability.

How many hours did it take from start to finsh?

I took alot of breaks but if I add it all up I would say at least 6 hours. Also when I scrapped the first motherboard and cart setup I had started that was about 2 hours work that was lost. So I guess more like 8 hours if I was to include things I had to repeat.