IGNORED

Coleco Repair - where to find a SN74LS541N chip?

Midnight Synergy

So today I took out my Coleco and took it apart to fix the Power Switch issue. Got it working perfectly again, put it all together, and - eek! - got a little zap of static electricity.

Now the games will auto-select a level, and player #2 automatically runs to the left. I assume I blew the SN74LS541N chip for the second player. Does anyone know where to get a small quantity (2 or maybe 4) of these online? Or - and I'm just hoping here - does anyone have two chips they would consider popping into the mail to Canada? (cost + shipping paid, of course)

Any self-respecting Electronic store.

According to my info, the LS540/541 are the same as the LS240/241 except the pinouts are on the opposite side.

My supplier here only has the 240/241 listed though - at $1.35 and $1.95 each.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had googled SN74LS541N and found no suppliers (maybe my google-fu is just very weak), but found a bunch under 74LS541, e.g.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&pa=47870&productId=47870&cid=PDF

Would this be the correct chip? (i.e. is the extra "N" at the end irrelevant? Sorry for the complete noobish question).