IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

You'd be surprised how many auctions that say that actually end up coming to Canada. :)

I'm surprised how many people outright refuse, no matter what I offer to pay for shipping.

Not that it was that one, but imagine the $100 Spiker lot where I offer $250 to ship to Canada (and will probably cost the seller $50 MAX). Completely refused. Couldn't find an American friend quickly enough to nab it. I could have cried.

I'm surprised how many people outright refuse, no matter what I offer to pay for shipping.

Not that it was that one, but imagine the $100 Spiker lot where I offer $250 to ship to Canada (and will probably cost the seller $50 MAX). Completely refused. Couldn't find an American friend quickly enough to nab it. I could have cried.

Yah I'm always surprised when people say no, because it would be a huge pain according to them, like I'd just asked them to kill their own children or solve world hunger. :) I can remember more than one time frantically trying to get a hold of Rev to buy something for me. Lol.

Yah I'm always surprised when people say no, because it would be a huge pain according to them, like I'd just asked them to kill their own children or solve world hunger. :) I can remember more than one time frantically trying to get a hold of Rev to buy something for me. Lol.

You have another USA connection if you ever need a backup ;-)

Was that the auction i won or a different auction?

I do not understand the fear of international shipping either. I guess it is the customs form that scares them. I use USPS.com. Everything is typed in a form by answering questions. It then prints postage and customs on the same address label. What could be easier. International shipping takes 15 seconds longer than normal domestic US shipping. It is really a shame. I do not use eBay's global shipping, heard too many horror stories.

Was that the auction i won or a different auction?

Oh this a while ago. But it was the same sort of insane deal. I've half given up on Ebay because this sort of attitude is so rampant. Every time I see a decent deal I just assume they won't ship to Canada, and lo and behold, I'm usually right.

• Like 2

You know you can simply sign up for a US address at some places. I use ReShip.com It cost $5 to sign up and get that US address. They reship it to you for a cost and you choose the carrier among a few they offer. For 1 game it is about $11.50 to reship using USPS. I use it for those who just won't ship here (Canada), or the ones that overcharge. Sometimes just adding $11.50 or so to the US shipping (often free) is still cheaper than have them ship to Canada.

You can save on reshipping by consolidating orders too. Vedry simple process and quite effective.

Sign up here and we both get a $10 on our next shipping. Please use the link. ;)

http://www.reship.com?rf=sgUF8PJYOOsATdQsOSYC2M6VO77kJPzXmwVNjMcXNLY=

Edited by MTLGUY

Interesting, I've never heard of that service other than to PO Boxes. You don't run into sellers who start into "I will only ship to a valid street address, blah blah blah"? I've dealt with people in years past who always think shipping re-direction is a "scam".

I'll have to check it out. It's still kinda pricey but I guess better than nothing - maybe it's a better deal on larger weights, like for example the guy selling the TandyVision in the other thread who will do free shipping to the US. Any way to figure out what ReShip charges for a system + 21 boxed games? :)

Thanks!

If I ever get around to selling on eBay, I'll sell to Canadians....but no one else!

Speaking of eBay...I recently earned my purple star! (500 Feedback - $100%). All purchases...never sold a single thing.

Buyers can only receive positive feedback, so I hope you're at 100%!

Buyers can only receive positive feedback, so I hope you're at 100%!

That's true now, but in the past there were sellers who would withhold their feedback until the buyer left a positive review. Buyers got negative feedback if they didn't cooperate. Thankfully, eBay fixed that.

That's true now, but in the past there were sellers who would withhold their feedback until the buyer left a positive review. Buyers got negative feedback if they didn't cooperate. Thankfully, eBay fixed that.

there are downsides to fixing that. When you have a scammer usually from another country that files a complaint saying he never got an item you have no way of warning others. When i was selling i didnt leave feedback first because i had a couple people try to scam me. Lucky for me i put tracking on the packages on the two occasions that happened to me. These were high dollar sales so i would have lost a lot of money. Now i wont sell anything on ebay. 6 months to be able to demand a refund is bullsh*t. I live pretty poor. My ebay account would be suspended if i had to give a six month warranty on "USED" games and some asshole filed for a refund six months later. Edited by pimpmaul69

eBay made a big mistake when it disabled the ablity to leave feedback for bad buyers. eBay has earned a reputation as being very seller negative.

Not intv but pretty rare atari game:

Robin hood / sir lancelot

Tomarc / motocross

Spike peak / ghost manor

Chuck Norris / artillery dual

All complete in box

Nice!

I picked up the 2 rarest Colecovision Xonox releases this summer, for a SONG. Just the games and manuals, but still... it was a full working console plus about 20 games for $100. Crazy deal considering each of those 2 sells for more than that.

Who bought the CIB Fathom on goodwill last week?

I just could not go to 150 and shipping. :_(

I saw that as well. No way I'd go that high for that. I had mentioned recently in another thread that the Goodwill site seems to be pricier on the whole than ebay lately. I don't know if it's just that people see the Goodwill name and something in their heads just thinks its gotta be cheap if it's Goodwill. Its not. Auction prices tend to run just as high if not usually higher than ebay for rarer items and on top of that you add overpriced shipping AND and an additional handling charge. Then you're lucky if the item is packed well. About a quarter of my purchases have been trashed in packaging / shipping. Goodwill is not a friendly site 9 times out of 10 for collectors.

What looked like a nice CIB copy of Tower of Doom sold for $36 (although with their shipping and handling it was prob $10+ more) last week on shopgoodwill. I forgot to bid on it.

I do find it strange when SGW auctions go higher than eBay, considering almost everything is untested and shipping is outrageous.