IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

FW did not report you, I did, this is a sight to promote Intellivision friendship and help the hobby move along, not for petty squables and inappropiate language. You should have courtesy for others even if you disagree with them.

yeah, you’re breaking my heart.

I did not escalate any hostility, just respondeded to to petulant posters. BTW, if you care about the hobby and would like it to grow, you need to not be so myopic in your view. Not necessarily directed at you exclusively, but to the mods and dart throwers in that thread that I’m unable to respond to.

Yep, and the site is set up that I had to forward about 30 times to get back to this page. Whatever. It’s fine. And BTW, Humblejack, it’s funny that the boys talking about “fishy”, do the fishiest things.

Want to talk Intellivision? Feel free to email me. I like Intellivision.

My advice to you Mr. James is to shrug it off and keep your cool. Every forum I've ever haunted always has a few sour grapes and it's not worth losing your composure over it. Great auction and congrats on your sale.

Wait, so did he bid up his own auction? If so that sucks and is against eBay policy. Otherwise fair game.

Is shill bidding that big a deal? Yes it is dishonest [and fraudulent], but it has a similar effect to a reserve. And the seller risks losing the sale and getting stuck with fees.

There was no mention of who the buyer is. Hopefully they have some cassettes to test the "like new" keyboard component.

Edited by mr_me

There was no mention of who the buyer is. Hopefully they have some cassettes to test the "like new" keyboard component.

That's the thing with these beasts, at least for me. The software is like unobtanium, and even if you had a cassette, the tape drive usually doesn't work anymore. Unless there is a way to get the program as an audio file and feed it into an audio port, what can you actually do with a pricey keyboard component???

I know that for many it's just about the collecting, but the appeal for me is being able to turn it on and get the experience. That's why getting the keyboard component done in emulation gets my interest. Just my opinion, of course. The KC is cool.

• Like 1

We might see the KC emulated before we see a working one. Without a tape drive, you can write your own Basic programs but not save them. You still need a Basic cartridge. And that's the state the available KC emulator is in today.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, we should have a way to duplicate tapes for those that have a working KC but no cassettes. I've read that Coleco Adam users were able to copy Adam data cassettes using standard audio equipment, under certain conditions.

Edited by mr_me

Any magnetic tape can be copied. Even with the more unusual format that the KC has (being 4 track), standard consumer gear should be able to do it. This has been brought up many times by people much smarter than I.

Either the few who own these haven't bothered, or haven't shared yet - let's face it, given that no one seems to have a working tape unit, what's the point? It sure would be nice to have them dumped for preservation purposes. I suspect they have been a long while ago, kinda like the Tutorvision ROMs that we're only now seeing come to light.