IGNORED

Intellivision Purchases and Deals

On 3/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Finally picked up a Wico for the Intellivision. Practically new in box. The auction mislabeled it as Colecovision.  

9F343900-503A-4F89-AC8F-9BB7DFC8F3A8.jpeg

How do I tell if mine are for Colecovision or for my Intellivision.  Mine have the straight db9 plug.  I thought that they were for the Coleco?

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

How do I tell if mine are for Colecovision or for my Intellivision.  Mine have the straight db9 plug.  I thought that they were for the Coleco?

As I understand it, the straight plug is Coleco.  The odd thing is that is what is shown on the Intellivision box as well. The intellivision one has a bent plug. 

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

As I understand it, the straight plug is Coleco.  The odd thing is that is what is shown on the Intellivision box as well. The intellivision one has a bent plug. 

Thats what I thought but the picture of the box made me wonder.  OK , so my pair are Colecovision then.

50 minutes ago, MonsterSky said:

This is mine. I don't know if the sticker "for use with Intellivision I & II" on the box means a second version of the controller with the bent plug while the first version has a straight plug.

In the instructions is shown how you detach the cables and replace it with cables that you can use with the Inty I.

18 hours ago, rietveld said:

Check out the "Missing Manual".  They shipped with the bent cable but someone could have swapped the cable with the Sears Intellivision controller cable that is straight.

7 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Check out the "Missing Manual".  They shipped with the bent cable but someone could have swapped the cable with the Sears Intellivision controller cable that is straight.

I just downloaded your manual. It looks like they are for the Colecovision. The cable exits the back of the controller  

Thanks for the manual

Since it came up on the eBay thread, I thought I'd share the 2 games that arrived in the mail today:

IMG_9768.thumb.jpg.f432ad74f19eaeb691b6b3d56031766a.jpg

Super happy to get these, and in nice shape!  I remember long ago reading Cmart and Rev's thread on their top-30 variants and drooling over pics of Bomb Squad and B-17.

Interesting to look at that thread now and see the first item is the Bandai games which, it sounds like, Cmart just completed the subset.  And just today I bought the Intellivision Inc. Math Fun off of eBay.  I try not to buy from the US due to exchange and shipping, but I bit the bullet on this one.  This work from home thing had better end soon because I'm spending way more on Inty games than I ever did going out to local shops! 

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 8

47 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Since it came up on the eBay thread, I thought I'd share the 2 games that arrived in the mail today:

Super happy to get these, and in nice shape!  I remember long ago reading Cmart and Rev's thread on their top-30 variants and drooling over pics of Bomb Squad and B-17.

Interesting to look at that thread now and see the first item is the Bandai games which, it sounds like, Cmart just completed the subset.  And just today I bought the Intellivision Inc. Math Fun off of eBay.  I try not to buy from the US due to exchange and shipping, but I bit the bullet on this one.  This work from home thing had better end soon because I'm spending way more on Inty games than I ever did going out to local shops! 

Those are really cool!?

I am not going to look at that picture again so I can avoid becoming a variant guy.?

3 hours ago, BigDumer said:

Sweet pickups! It's probably time to revisit that variations thread. ?

• Like 1

Not Intellivision, but still related (Mattel Electronics).  Anyone ever come across these Burgertime items before?   After picking them up I did a little research and these were apparently included in certain packaging for the Mattel handheld Burgertime game.  The second photo I pulled from the handheld museum page.  It looks like there were actually four.  Shame I’ll never find the hot dog.  

CA59D232-8419-4F3D-93EF-FEDBB5511330.jpeg

2DC4E750-8836-46F4-89F2-504C8E6D7966.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Not Intellivision, but still related (Mattel Electronics).  Anyone ever come across these Burgertime items before?   After picking them up I did a little research and these were apparently included in certain packaging for the Mattel handheld Burgertime game.  The second photo I pulled from the handheld museum page.  It looks like there were actually four.  Shame I’ll never find the hot dog.  

CA59D232-8419-4F3D-93EF-FEDBB5511330.jpeg

2DC4E750-8836-46F4-89F2-504C8E6D7966.jpeg

Maybe you are looking for this .......

1606685636_adesiviburgertime.thumb.jpg.2ca7d3ba2b162114db862ae9603ff93d.jpg

seen on ebay ..... I missed it ......

10 minutes ago, intvsteve said:

Nice! I think there are two versions -- what's the part number on this one? IIRC I've only managed to keep one. The other is most likely lost, along with the Sears one I had (but that's easier to replace, I've found). IIRC @colormesticky had a pretty interesting one posted up here awhile back.

It doesn’t seem to have a normal Intellivision type number.  The only one I see is on the back        Int 028027. 

15 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Nothing huge in mail call today, but a tougher brochure to add to the collection.  

179A49B2-1735-485A-BC8C-29CEA1873D9F.jpeg

I don't know which is tougher to find I have both, the other one is:   Int 028027B

Note the change of screen shots in the Personal Computer Cassettes and the screen shot the lady at the computer is viewing.

100_8223.JPG

100_8224.JPG

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 5