IGNORED

Star Was Ewok Adventure for 2600

nofrills100

Imagine if a completely un heard of Star Wars game surfaced today and nobody had the rom but it was almost or totally complete and playable. I bet it would pull quite a bit more than $1600 ;)

Yes, but that comparison doesn't apply because it would be the only known copy while there are several known copies of Ewok.

Imagine if a completely un heard of Star Wars game surfaced today and nobody had the rom but it was almost or totally complete and playable. I bet it would pull quite a bit more than $1600 ;)

Yes, but that comparison doesn't apply because it would be the only known copy while there are several known copies of Ewok.

Imagine if it was the same scenario I mentioned and then an unkown collector came forward proving it's authenticity by showing one that he owned also making 2 copies total (undumped).....I bet it would still pull quite a bit more than $1600 ;)

Imagine if it was the same scenario I mentioned and then an unkown collector came forward proving it's authenticity by showing one that he owned also making 2 copies total (undumped).....I bet it would still pull quite a bit more than $1600 ;)

Sure, it would probably go for over $1600. I'd be surprised if it got as high as $5000 though. Maybe if there was a bidding war between an Atari collector and a Star Wars collector.

There are more than 2 known copies of Ewok Adventure. Maybe NTSC, but then originality becomes a factor (since there are PAL versions of the same game) ;)

Cut to the chase...you are probably driving at an auction for an undumped game fetching more than one that is. For an initial discovery, you are probably right. There's not enough conclusive data to prove it otherwise.

Sure, it would probably go for over $1600. I'd be surprised if it got as high as $5000 though. Maybe if there was a bidding war between an Atari collector and a Star Wars collector.

Pink Panther sold for $3500 the first day with a BIN (althought the transaction was never completed)

Cut to the chase...you are probably driving at an auction for an undumped game fetching more than one that is. For an initial discovery, you are probably right. There's not enough conclusive data to prove it otherwise.

Yeah, pretty much ;)

Pink Panther sold for $3500 the first day with a BIN (althought the transaction was never completed)

You have to also take the desirability of the title into account. Pink Panther and GLCB have enormous hype and mystery surrounding them. If the Bear Game (one of a kind, ROM not released) were to go up for auction, do you think that would fetch $3500 or anywhere near that? I doubt it, there is almost no hype surrounding that game.

Look at the Unknown Universal prototype. If I remember correctly, that initially sold for around $500. If another copy were found, I'd be willing to bet that it would sell for at least twice as much, even though the ROM has been released.

If the right people want it bad enough, there are no rules ;)

I'm surprised it didn't sell for more, I guess the high value sales of proto's is dying down a bit over the years. Well, I congratulation Jose on a great score - so when ya gonna release the rom image? ;-)

Curt

The ROM was released a while ago :)

I'm surprised it didn't sell for more, I guess the high value sales of proto's is dying down a bit over the years. Well, I congratulation Jose on a great score - so when ya gonna release the rom image? ;-)

Curt

Kid I'm quite sure CURT "MR. FUCKING ATARI" VENDEL knows that Ewok is already dumped. He ment a dump of this exact chip which would be obvious to everyone but you it seems. :roll:

15 year old kid trying to show up Curt Vendel, classic shit! :lol:

With dumped protos what is to stop fakes? If you take a real proto of a less desirable game and burn a more expensive proto onto those chips would it pass the test?

You couldn't do it with this particular title, it has a unique circuit board.

Curt

Kid I'm quite sure CURT "MR. FUCKING ATARI" VENDEL knows that Ewok is already dumped. He ment a dump of this exact chip which would be obvious to everyone but you it seems. :roll:

I'm not 15 :? I was only trying to help, not "show up Curt Vendel". CPUWIZ didn't know it was dumped, so it's not an impossibility that Curt doesn't.

Quit it with incessant rudeness and get on with your life.

• Like 6

Curt

I'm not 15 :? I was only trying to help, not "show up Curt Vendel". CPUWIZ didn't know it was dumped, so it's not an impossibility that Curt doesn't.

Quit it with incessant rudeness and get on with your life.

Your 16 now then? My bad.