IGNORED

Sonic 4 !

Mendon

CLICK HERE for the announcement and trailer for the 2010 release of the new, downloadable Sonic 4!

Finally, after years of poor 3D Sonic gaming (IMO), it seems the hedgehog is returning to his 2D roots.... and the game is looking GREAT! Also notice that there is an "Episode 1" in the title so I'm guessing this is going to be an ongoing series. I'm excited for the release of Sonic 4 and can't wait to see more video and read more info about the game.

Mendon

CLICK HERE for the announcement and trailer for the 2010 release of the new, downloadable Sonic 4!

Finally, after years of poor 3D Sonic gaming (IMO), it seems the hedgehog is returning to his 2D roots.... and the game is looking GREAT! Also notice that there is an "Episode 1" in the title so I'm guessing this is going to be an ongoing series. I'm excited for the release of Sonic 4 and can't wait to see more video and read more info about the game.

Mendon

This is the most exciting news I've heard in quite some time.

Lordy, I'm lame ;-)

Edited by tisaperfectdayelise

There was only a couple of seconds if in-game video, and it's not coming out until summer so I wouldn't read too much into anything you saw there.

I am a HUGE fan of the old Sonic games on Genesis, so this is exciting. It would have to be supremely bad before I didn't buy it.

Chris

*falls over*

That was the single most exciting thing I've seen in a long time!!!!! I was fearing for what exactly Project Needlemouse might be, but I never in a million years thought it'd be the perfectly named "Sonic 4" that I just saw a clip from. And episodes! that means we'll prolly download this one for $10 or $15, and get another a few months later. It can't be too hard to develop these.

I love this "Retro Nouveau" movement that downloadable games consoles have helped to bring about! I thought 2D Sonic was banished to DS forever , but here it is on the big TV. I don't even mind the 3D assets/models, because frankly it looks fantastic.

And episodes! that means we'll prolly download this one for $10 or $15, and get another a few months later.

I'm betting it will be more like Episode 1 will be stage 1-1 to 2-3. Episode 2 will be stage 3-1 to 4-3. Etc.

I'm guessing 4 episodes to make a complete game.

And this is Sega, so if the first two underperform, they simply won't release the last two.

I will probably still get this if it gets solid reviews, but I think with the success of the NSMB, this one has the potential to do well in a packaged form as well--provided it's just as good of a rehash as NSMB is. Judging by the screenshots, it's looking like it could be.

And episodes! that means we'll prolly download this one for $10 or $15, and get another a few months later.

I'm betting it will be more like Episode 1 will be stage 1-1 to 2-3. Episode 2 will be stage 3-1 to 4-3. Etc.

I'm guessing 4 episodes to make a complete game.

And this is Sega, so if the first two underperform, they simply won't release the last two.

At least it isn't capcom! If it was it'd have all the episodes on a physical disc, but you'd have to download "DLC" consisting of unlock keys for each episode after the first!

I find this to be....funny.

No matter how powerful a new system is and how many times a company or developer tries to up date a classic franchise for said system the best games are when they go back to there roots and stick with what made the games great.

I just wish Konami would follow suit and do this with there Castlevania games can you image a 2-D CV on the PS3 or Xbox360? and none of this stuff they did with Street Fighter 4 i want a true 2-D game.

If i had a newer system anymore i would be all over this new Sonic game personally so i hope Sega doesn't screw this one up.

No matter how powerful a new system is and how many times a company or developer tries to up date a classic franchise for said system the best games are when they go back to there roots and stick with what made the games great.

I just wish Konami would follow suit and do this with there Castlevania games can you image a 2-D CV on the PS3 or Xbox360? and none of this stuff they did with Street Fighter 4 i want a true 2-D game.

If i had a newer system anymore i would be all over this new Sonic game personally so i hope Sega doesn't screw this one up.

If you have a Wii, there is an awesome 2d Castlevania called Castlevania Rebirth!!

If you have a Wii, there is an awesome 2d Castlevania called Castlevania Rebirth!!

Got rid of my Wii a while ago but this rebirth game could be cool i will have see what i can find on it. :)