IGNORED

Odyssey games. REDICULOUS

Odysseus

I was the one that tracked down and found these games. I found them for him because he was going to sell them cheap to a friend that fixed my odyssey for me. He paid 900 with shipping for the set. the signed games he Bought from Ulf Svensson for no more than 150. He had the full set of 11 signed but i have 9 10 and 12 in my personal collection. He is just greedy. Even on his own sales he charges 3000 for the games of 73 600 for 72 and 50 for percepts. Baer is awesome but not worth 3400 for his signed games.

I like the games being signed but im also going to have him sign my odyssey. But unlike this guy its for my personal collection

The thing is Ralph absolutely hates when he finds out stuff he signed was just so it could be put on Ebay. His intent is for fans/personal collections only. Not profiteers like this.

I know he was mad that i bought games signed by him. But i didnt buy them because they were signed i just wanted them. Signed is a bonus.

The thing is Ralph absolutely hates when he finds out stuff he signed was just so it could be put on Ebay. His intent is for fans/personal collections only. Not profiteers like this.

I know he was mad that i bought games signed by him. But i didnt buy them because they were signed i just wanted them. Signed is a bonus.

Sorry, but why exactly would anyone want a bunch of Odyssey games with the connectors coated in what is likely a corrosive substance from a Sharpie? Why didn't you just have Mr. Baer sign a separate piece of paper or maybe the outer shipping box or something? Also, why would anyone want all the games signed? I still can't understand why you were even involved in the original transaction and how you didn't just get the games sold directly to your friend instead of running them through this middle man profiteer. Finally, nobody is ever going to pay $7,000 for that set, particularly since many of those games aren't even in mint condition. As far as I'm concerned, these signed carts are worth less to me and probably most collectors than a true mint set.

Sorry, but why exactly would anyone want a bunch of Odyssey games with the connectors coated in what is likely a corrosive substance from a Sharpie? Why didn't you just have Mr. Baer sign a separate piece of paper or maybe the outer shipping box or something? Also, why would anyone want all the games signed? I still can't understand why you were even involved in the original transaction and how you didn't just get the games sold directly to your friend instead of running them through this middle man profiteer. Finally, nobody is ever going to pay $7,000 for that set, particularly since many of those games aren't even in mint condition. As far as I'm concerned, these signed carts are worth less to me and probably most collectors than a true mint set.

Its hard to explain the situation. The person buying them was a good friend of his who fixed my odyssey. He didnt have the money at the moment and i was trying to be nice. Teaches me doesnt it! I should have bought them myself. As for signed game carts they are just interesting. I highly doubt sharpie will do any long term damage to the cards. The reason i dont have most of mine signed is the fact that i like to play them. I do have the ultra rare nr12 signed. Do you really think that the sharpie could damage the games?

I like it though.

And I know noone will buy them its just the deception that makes me so mad

Edited by njb12287

Its hard to explain the situation. The person buying them was a good friend of his who fixed my odyssey. He didnt have the money at the moment and i was trying to be nice. Teaches me doesnt it! I should have bought them myself. As for signed game carts they are just interesting. I highly doubt sharpie will do any long term damage to the cards. The reason i dont have most of mine signed is the fact that i like to play them. I do have the ultra rare nr12 signed. Do you really think that the sharpie could damage the games?

I like it though.

I know for a fact Sharpie can damage metal. It contains sulfur and other chemical compounds which are known to be corrosive to metal surfaces. In fact, aerospace contractors for the government generally have rules in place for their engineers banning Sharpies from manufacturing areas for this very reason. There are companies which sell very expensive non-corrosive permanent markers for use on metal.

I like it though.

I know for a fact Sharpie can damage metal. It contains sulfur and other chemical compounds which are known to be corrosive to metal surfaces. In fact, aerospace contractors for the government generally have rules in place for their engineers banning Sharpies from manufacturing areas for this very reason. There are companies which sell very expensive non-corrosive permanent markers for use on metal.

I dont think im too worried. I asked David Winter and he said it wont damage these carts. Either way thats not the point. Its the fact that collectors who love the system will want these but not at 1500 a game. He is out of his mind

Then he lies and says there are only 3 sets. This definately isnt true. I know of at least one here on these forums and 3 on the retro roundtable forums. I know david winter has a set and another collector in europe. That makes a minimum of 6.

I like it though.

I dont think im too worried. I asked David Winter and he said it wont damage these carts. Either way thats not the point. Its the fact that collectors who love the system will want these but not at 1500 a game. He is out of his mind

Then he lies and says there are only 3 sets. This definately isnt true. I know of at least one here on these forums and 3 on the retro roundtable forums. I know david winter has a set and another collector in europe. That makes a minimum of 6.

I'm sorry, but is David Winter a chemical engineer? Spend some time on Google and you will quickly see that Sharpies should not be used on metallic surfaces. As far as I'm, concerned, these signed carts are a ticking time bomb and basically worthless. So, if your point is that the auction is a rip-off, you're correct if for no other reason than he damaged the cartridges by having them signed on that surface.

Edited by bojay1997

Im not saying he is a chemical engineer, but he knows more about odyssey stuff than you. He says the metal the carts are made from wont be hurt by signing than i beleive it. Plus mine was signed many years ago and no noticable damage has made itself known so im sure its fine.

So not cool to sell something for more after buying it from someone for cheap.....I mean kinda cheap...

I dont mind a profit. Its not like he bought it from some little old lady who didnt know the value. He bought it from a respected odyssey collector who knows what stuff id worth. Then tries to mark it up $5000. thats a little much.

And trooper I agree but He has probably seen alot signed over the years. If it isnt damaged after 5 years most of the chemicals from the ink will be gone anyway. so there isnt much concern there

Edited by njb12287

Its not like he bought it from some little old lady who didnt know the value.

I agree with that, but still...auctions like that with such a rediculous amount set on them "Buy it Now" just become garbage and clutter ebay up too much!

If they were a true collector they would be keeping the goods, not trying to rape other collectors for the hard to find items...

Exactly. Profiteers like this destroy the hobby. If it was a collector theyd love it for a few years than resell it to another collector, maybe for a fair mark up. Than someone else could love it. not this. this is taking a beloved system an pillaging people for profit. Its bull

I have a autographed picture from Ralph I got last year. He was a very nice fellow about it.

I dare not part with. It's a sign of my geekyness!

And I can only hope that since Ralph is aware of this seller now. That he might persuade this guy to come down on his freaking high prices on all of his odyssey stuff.

Did Ralph have anything say on the prices of which this guy sells all of his other odyssey stuff?

Edited by nightwheel

Ha ha. Ya i have some signed stuff too. I want to send him my odyssey to sign.

He didnt say anything but i beleive he is just nuetral in the situation. I dont think he really cares. But man he gets made with people profitting off his name